It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 Police Officers Fire 377 Bullets into car

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Let me first say that I don't like most of the headlines out there for this story because there was no way police could have known these guys didn't have guns in the car. The driver had robber a Walgreens earlier in the day and shot a cop.

My major issue comes with the reckless endangerment of innocents in the area (they hit cars, houses and even two of their own officers!) and the fact they stopped shooting, and then resumed with over 300 more rounds...... That turns this almost into murder in my eyes.

My own cousin was present at this incident and we've had a bit of strongly worded opinion exchange on this. Half of my family are active or retired Miami Police, but this really is getting out of control with American police.....

I mean how is this different from calling in a firing squad to dish out justice for attempted murder on the spot??? And the passenger... I guess he was just hanging out with the wrong idiot....

miami.cbslocal.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... armed-men.html

www.theatlantic.com...

ETA: LiveLeak link with some video clips from the incident: www.liveleak.com...

edit on 9-5-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

They arrest people for shooting their fire arm into the air don't they?

If this is how they show their professionalism and training, I think we are in BIG trouble!

But nonetheless, one of their own got shot, so all they wanted was blood and public safety certainly didn't seem to enter into the picture.....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What makes these incidents even more ridiculous is they cost us taxpayers BILLIONS every year in IA investigations and wrongful death suits plus further court proceedings.
edit on 9-5-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is standard MO for cops especially when a motor vehicle is involved. Let's face it - they are barely trained monkeys with firearms.

How many cops got shot by their own during the Boston Manhuny incident?? I believe it was 8 or 9 - one office lost his nuts to a bullet from another cop even!

This is just another one for the pile...

However, I really like your observations. I agree with you - in this case, a cop was shot, the other cops are furious and thus they went out looking for murder. I do not feel for the suspects in this case but if you think there is anything they could have done to escape the leo's wrath unkilled you are kidding yourself.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sonnyyyyyyyy not again,,,

opps.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you shoot a cop you are as good as dead if the cops get to you before you get to your lawyer's office.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Adrian Montesano, 27, robbed a Walgreens and shot a police officer in December last year.

He crashed a Blue Volvo on a residential street as police converged on him.

23 officers shot 377 round into the car, killing Montesano and his passenger Corsini Valdes.

Neither man was armed and Valdes was innocent of any crime

Two officers were injured in the crossfire and two others suffered ruptured eardrums from the noise.

Witnesses say Montesano and Valdes tried to surrender

Nearby homes were damaged by bullets and residents were put at risk by the unrestrained gunfire

My jaw is on the ground!
Thats not law enforcment, its execution!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Just testosterone-frenzied idiocy...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Badges ARE redcoats.

when every American treats them like they rightfully deserve, then the process of liberty will commence.

I hope that I will see the day in my lifetime. Treat them just as our founders did in the 1770's.

This is endangering innocent people that could have had kids playing their yards killed. For what?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That was a strait up execution. It was so bad they shot each other.

They do that for revenge and to keep the public afraid of them.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That was a strait up execution. It was so bad they shot each other.

They do that for revenge and to keep the public afraid of them.

You nailed it!

What's sad is that when our LEO's act like this it makes me think kinder thoughts towards those whom believe in Sharia Law........sigh

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Lol that scene is the first thing I thought of when I read the title. Truly prophetic.

Modern day cops are nothing more than loyal gang members that are hopped up on steroids and have a license to kill.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This crap has to stop, but mark my words nothing and I mean nothing will come of this. We will be all here bitching about the same thing in another thread tomorrow morning. How does one go about getting the public on board with reining in the out of control police forces in this country? Please let me know because I will spend my free time promoting that.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry
a reply to: VoidHawk

Badges ARE redcoats.

when every American treats them like they rightfully deserve, then the process of liberty will commence.

I hope that I will see the day in my lifetime. Treat them just as our founders did in the 1770's.

This is endangering innocent people that could have had kids playing their yards killed. For what?

Exactly my point

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Huh no, Well the man committed a crime and the other man was with him so they deserved it talk yet huh??
Good to see

But we will get the crowd that will just focus on the fact that one guy killed a cop so how could the cops possibly do anything else but kill him the first chance they got. They were all scared for their life's already!

ETA:

They blasted holes in a townhouse where a 12-year-old dove to the ground for cover and a four month old slept in his crib.

To protect and serve....

edit on thFri, 09 May 2014 15:15:54 -0500America/Chicago520145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This was a personal vendetta against the guy who shot the cop. Vigilante justice is against the law if an average citizen on the street did this. Laws simply don't pertain to the police when they take the law into their own hands. They will all rely on the blue code of silence and back each other up on this outrageous firing squad.

How do you even justify firing 377 bullets, even if these men were armed? "To protect and serve" the people in this neighborhood was ignored in favor of getting retribution for a fellow cop. It's getting to the point where police think they're judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure they all enjoyed using these two criminals as target practice.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Just testosterone-frenzied idiocy...

The sad thing is, I re-watched Idiocracy a few weeks ago because I've noticed the world becoming more and more like it EVERY damn day! When I came across this story, that scene is EXACTLY what first popped in my mind.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

This was a personal vendetta against the guy who shot the cop. Vigilante justice is against the law if an average citizen on the street did this. Laws simply don't pertain to the police when they take the law into their own hands. They will all rely on the blue code of silence and back each other up on this outrageous firing squad.

How do you even justify firing 377 bullets, even if these men were armed? "To protect and serve" the people in this neighborhood was ignored in favor of getting retribution for a fellow cop. It's getting to the point where police think they're judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure they all enjoyed using these two criminals as target practice.

Ya know your right!

The two of their own whom they shot during their "blood frenzy" are going to enjoy a vacation on the tax payers dime being on workers comp!

Maybe if one of them would have been killed, (and I am NOT advocating the death of anyone, just trying to make a point) this story would have a whole new twist?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Article says one was only a couple inches from a fatal head shot.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
If you shoot a cop you are as good as dead if the cops get to you before you get to your lawyer's office.

LOL!! In that case, they'd just kill your lawyer too and make up a hostage story and the perfect storm of things that went wrong.
This was just another act of cowardice, very similar to the blue pickup that got unloaded on during the Dorner debacle.
"Officer safety" and all.
But what about the folks they have "sworn" to serve and protect?
Cops better figure out which side their bread is buttered on, before their loved ones pay the price.
Never hit the hard target in guerilla warfare, the soft ones are much easier and safer.
This is what it will come to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join