It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have a new Stealth Boat, and her captain? Capt. James Kirk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

How is he not on the U.S.S. Enterprise though?

Hell of a cool ship though. Lasers, Rail Guns, Stealth? Be sure to click on the vid for the rail gun in action too.

(for reference to the Captain's name, check the 5th picture)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here u go

hmmm did u say "stealth ship??"

here we go again,, lol

or maybe more apra pro

edit on 5/9/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Found a similar video embedded here for viewing.

The railgun is huge judging from this prototype.

edit on 9-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Looks great! I can't wait to see their progress on lasers, seems so sci-fi.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hella' cool, but scary! The USS Gerald R. Ford, new Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier is wicked as well. 11 new Aircraft Carriers being built. The US Navy and Air Force has "gone to plaid". I get the feeling the US is about to seize the skies and oceans, without much resistance.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Precision gamma ray weaponry is where it is heading.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Gamma ray? As in positron-electron annihilation?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Bingo! Busy-Bees...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
woooh. Straight out of a comic book. Let me see. A 1 mega ton air burst say within about 10 miles. EMP fried electrics. One expensive pile of scrap. What is it with todays military. Same old ships but with added plates on the outside. Same old deficiency. All conflicts whether old or modern (forget whether spotted by radar or not) rely on actual visual sightings before engagement. Too much at stake for error. People don't count, friendly fire etc.. But multi-million pound equipment, take it from me a visual sighting will be made first. You can hide a tree in a forest but you can only hide a ship for so long on the high seas. For all you sceptics, the Titanic was unsinkable.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Or..they know this and have developed Highly Saturated Salt Seawater Curtain Systems that are highly conductive and ground the EMP blasts.

They figured out a way to use the salt from the desalination process to make highly saturated seawater, two birds with one stone...

edit on 9-5-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
you have too have a Team

The Virginia Class new attack submarine is an advanced stealth multimission nuclear-powered submarine for deep ocean anti-submarine warfare and littoral (shallow water) operations.

and

and my new favourite,,

i give u

STEALTH AWACS

HMMMMMMM.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Too bad there will only ever be three of them, and they won't do what they were supposed to do. The program cost has risen $3B, or $1B a hull since 2009, for what's technically a Destroyer, although Cruiser would be more fitting with their size.

DDG-1001 USS Michael Monsoor, is about 75% done, and DDG-1002 USS Lyndon B. Johnson was supposed to start building last month. They're looking for an alternative deck housing for DDG-1002, and possibly for -1001 as well, as opposed to the composite housing.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just can't believe the plan is to put Seahawks or those ugly helicopter drones (that look like flying subs) as its aircraft. They look so antiquated against this ship.

True, the cost overruns were insane (and to be honest, I'm surprised the whole program wasn't scrapped at the time).

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They came really close a number of times, but ended up approving three ships instead of an entire class of them, as was originally planned.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The ship looks like it has real potential.......Now we just need to find some targets for it to use in real combat situations.

Should be some impressive fireworks.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

true if they spent billions developing this, and not a single cent on shielding.

LOL

Who was the first to try to weaponize EMPs?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
woooh. Straight out of a comic book. Let me see. A 1 mega ton air burst say within about 10 miles. EMP fried electrics. One expensive pile of scrap. What is it with todays military. Same old ships but with added plates on the outside. Same old deficiency. All conflicts whether old or modern (forget whether spotted by radar or not) rely on actual visual sightings before engagement. Too much at stake for error. People don't count, friendly fire etc.. But multi-million pound equipment, take it from me a visual sighting will be made first. You can hide a tree in a forest but you can only hide a ship for so long on the high seas. For all you sceptics, the Titanic was unsinkable.

I just had to quote your post because you should be aware that US military electronic hardware, uses some commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components, but most items are built to specific interface standards like MIL-STD-2169 (Classified) (High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse Environment), MIL-STD-461 (Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment), and MIL-STD-464 (Electromagnetic Effects Requirements for Systems).

Now to get off a large scale EMP you need the explosion the very edge of the atmosphere, meaning 20k or even 30k (30,000 feet is 5.68 miles) feet or less is not high enough for good amplification range. To get an explosion up real high you need an ICBM and very few countries have that capability. High-Altitude Nuclear Explosions (HANE) are generally around 30km (18.64 miles) and give a much stronger effect.

But I digress, I would say first of all, nothing is getting that close...especially if it's truly an advanced tech ship. If it's AEGIS (one class of US destroyer is already) then they use 2-4 different types of radars that are combined and can track golf ball-sized targets at ranges in excess of 165 kilometers, sort them by assigning a threat value, assign on-board surface-to-air missiles, and guide the missiles to their targets. Phased arrays switch rapidly and cover the entire range around the ship in milliseconds.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Tesla
reply to: tadaman

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"Now to get off a large scale EMP you need the explosion"

no
u need
Energy converted to Waves.Photons
carrying a greater amount of E or Energy, at its point of reception by the emiting crystal hz signature.

in my opinion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can almost guarantee that ship is at least 90% hardened to EMPs. When I joined the military nearly 2o years ago I was put on a detail to take some of the older 5 ton trucks from Camp Page down south in SK to have them hardened against EMPs in that theater of operations such a thing wasn't consider a concern however I guess there was some thought about China at the time and of course it was coming up on the end of the fiscal year to spend the unit budget (bureaucracy.) When we got them back I looked at what was done and from what I could tell they simply beefed up the wiring and installed some insulated components. So I am fairly certain such considerations were made when constructing that ship.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join