It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the USA invent Time Travel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ionwind

I actually really liked that movie. The second one was a joke, but the first one was enjoyable.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
So basically the government screwed up invisibility and got time travel instead. I wonder how badly they've screwed up time travel.

They lost the time travel machine because it became invisible.

As for the veracity of the story? Personally I don't believe it, but it made for a cheesy-fun 1980s movie starring Michael Paré and Nancy Allen:

The Philadelphia Experiment on IMDb
The Philadelphia Experiment (film) - Wikipedia

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: Nochzwei

The philly expt may have happened as carlos Allende to have imagined the entire episode will be next to impossible

Really? I can imagine much crazier stuff than that.

Care to give an example of something that actually happened that is crazier than a ship being covered in green fog, being teleported through time and space, and the crew being fused into the ship?

Well if you want to limit it to "something that actually happened" then that's hardly fair, is it?

He said that for Allende to have imagined the whole thing is next to impossible. I say that's nonsense, because I could imagine lots of more crazy stuff.

How about a US submarine being teleported and frozen into a glacier on top of the Himalayas?

Or a Citroën 2CV made of plutonium that is currently roving on the surface of Pluto?

Or Crystal Palace FC winning the Premier League?

How is imagining any of this stuff impossible? The whole story is clearly fantasy. Refer to your username: Occam's Razor strongly suggests that it is nothing more than a wild exaggeration of stories about the degaussing experiments.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

This has been debunked time and time again. Never happened.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To the OP:

There's a fictional paper back novel on this subject you might like. It was my first exposure to the Philly Experiment story. I was 13 years old when I found the book at the library, kicked back and read it. I was intrigued.

While it is (the book) fiction, the writers George Simpson and Neal Burger did a great job making a suspenseful, conspiracy novel about modern day people discovering a huge cover up (people being taken out, etc). They use a lot of the lore that goes with the Philly Experiment, and I think anyone that finds the subject interesting would enjoy the book (regardless of what you believe about it, the book is very entertaining none the less).

Here's an image of the original cover, just like the paper back I found as a kid back in 1981:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17908382]
Or Crystal Palace FC winning the Premier League?

Hey now, let's not be to hasty!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The real story....

It was an accident. A combination of taking the load off one generator to another ( they only run one at a time ). And someone leaving the insulation cover off the RF board. Something similar to a lightening bolt was released into the cabin.

Trying to sync 2 massive 3 phase generators was not an exact science. It was all done manually back then.

People and walls were melted. And others close by in other compartments stated they could see right through the ship ( as though it was made of glass ) for a few seconds.

They never managed to replicate this effect again. But not for the lack of trying.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17908382]Rob48 How is imagining any of this stuff impossible? The whole story is clearly fantasy. Refer to your username: Occam's Razor strongly suggests that it is nothing more than a wild exaggeration of stories about the degaussing experiments.

How much do you exactly know about degaussing and high intensity rf current at the correct frequency intersecting the degaussing field?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

"Crystal Palace FC winning the Premier League? "

eh that's pushing it even for Ats

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: [post=17908382]Rob48 How is imagining any of this stuff impossible? The whole story is clearly fantasy. Refer to your username: Occam's Razor strongly suggests that it is nothing more than a wild exaggeration of stories about the degaussing experiments.

How much do you exactly know about degaussing and high intensity rf current at the correct frequency intersecting the degaussing field?

How much is there to know really? It's not very advanced science, at least in principle. (The clever part is in the continuous control of the current.)

The ship has a certain inbuilt magnetic field which it acquires when it is built. This magnetic field makes the ship vulnerable to mines etc which have magnetic triggering.

All that degaussing involves, in essence, is installing electromagnetic coils and controlling the input to produce an equal and opposite magnetic field thus making the ship "invisible" to magnetic mines.

It has nothing to do with the visible spectrum of light, so I am not quite sure where you are going with your line of questioning unless you are hoping to baffle people with scientific jargon. (That approach won't work with me BTW.)

And I'm not sure why you mentioned RF current. Degaussing coils don't use RF current, for obvious reasons. You want low frequency current.

edit on 12-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't have the slightest bit of inclination, nor the desire to baffle you with plausible physics or the lack of it.
You may want to read the book by Charles berlitz

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Charles Berlitz! Now I know you're just taking the mickey

(This is Charles "Atlantis" Berlitz we're talking about? Charles "Bermuda Triangle" Berlitz? I read his books when I was a 10-year-old who loved ghost stories and UFO photos. Quite entertaining back then but I think now I am in my thirties I've grown out of those fairy tales...)
edit on 12-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

hahah Thanks! I may have to check it out. Always up for a good read

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Lol just noticed your hilarious signature about the ozie genius

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join