It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the USA invent Time Travel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Then theres the story of the Montauk boys......that were supposedly used for time travel experiments in N York and Texas.....and the two brothers who escaped the Eldridge by diving into the water to arrive in the future....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My dad is a retired truck driver. He had some valuable cargo one time and the company sent a security guard with him to ride along. Of course they had a lot of time to gnaw the fat, and this guy tells my dad that he was a Navy SP(?) and was a guard at the shipyard during the Philadelphia experiment. He said that he wasn't at liberty to say what exactly he witnessed, but he said "A lot of weird $4!7 happened, that's for sure."

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

"weird sh.t" is probably as close as we'll ever get..
(al bialik certainly went on to say a lot of weird # about all this..)

so far people are mentioning CERN, tesla, (etc) & "demagnetizing" a ship hull..
they all seem to have something in common (afaic)
i tend to think where there's smoke, there's fire..
who knows what other types of weird # might happen when these scientist types are messing around with magnetics, electricity, etc

..when's john titor due to arrive?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Who's to say that powerful people haven't been using this to their advantage? If powerful people have been using this, then they can surely cover their tracks.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

But I gotta say, that is a pretty short video. I don't know how they go from the Philadelphia Experiment to time travel. It baffles the mind.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
People believe what they want to believe; they see what they want to see. It may be implausible, outrageous and convoluted beyond all reason, but if it’s juicy enough then it will surely gain support. Really, logic and reason can be so boring. As for me, I’ll have none of that!! As a matter of fact, instead of relying on the ATS motto, “Deny Ignorance”, for inspiration and guidance, from this point forward I choose to base all my views and analysis on my own personal motto, “Deny Reason”.

Hmmm... Sorry. Just had another stupid fit. They seem to be coming more frequently these days.

Seriously, my personal view is the legend of the Philadelphia Experiment is at best a fictional account. It was a fun story and captured the imagination of a lot of people, but I’ve never read or heard of any actual evidence confirming it. I say, “Show me the Money!” The government’s account makes sense, while the Carlos Alende version seems a little over the top. I know it’s popular to disbelieve EVERYTHING the government tells us, but it’s also gullible and naive to accept at face value, without credible evidence, the mind blowing claims of some Joe Blow (Carl Allen).

I mean, really, ship disappearing and reappearing elsewhere, people atomically bonding (fusing) with the ship’s hull, individualls displaced in time, blah, blah, blah... I know that truth is often stranger than fiction, but honestly, this story just doesn’t pass the smell test. Far be it from me to try and change anyone’s mind here, but I for one give it 2 thumbs down.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I completely agree - which is why I posted it. Kind of wanting to fill in the holes. Interesting video, but lacking any sustenance while still eking a desire to want to figure out more.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I've heard about that before and swear I've seen pics of folks melded with the walls of the ships

Pics? Links?

This is from the 1984 SciFi movie The Philadelphia Experiment. If you like science fiction movies, it's not bad. There is another one that came out in 2012, which is bad.

Personally, the degaussing explanation makes the most sense.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am a time traveler, I can easily travel 1 second per second into the future at will

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CeeRZ

interesting here a site of interest, I will not get into them too much but there are parrallels in some phenomena described to the apparent crew part in and part out of bulkheads etc and time/dimension travel.
www.rense.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I can disprove time travel (at least within our own reality). The very fact we exist is proof it does not exist. If Time Travel existed all it would take is one fanatic to go back in time to destroy all life on Earth.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The philly expt may have happened as carlos Allende to have imagined the entire episode will be next to impossible

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
The philly expt may have happened as carlos Allende to have imagined the entire episode will be next to impossible

Really? I can imagine much crazier stuff than that.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Really? I can imagine much crazier stuff than that.

Care to give an example of something that actually happened that is crazier than a ship being covered in green fog, being teleported through time and space, and the crew being fused into the ship?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The Philadelphia experiment and it's affiliated stories live a strange universe between truth and fiction. Though some elements in the story of the Philadelphia experiment may be inaccurate, some of the exotic technologies related to those in the movie do exist, like viewing events in the future. The same goes for some of the technologies mentioned in the Montauk Project.

The science and, more importantly, the engineering behind such technologies are closely guarded.
edit on 10-5-2014 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The Philadelphia Experiment is pure fiction. I believe to travel back in time, one must go back through space also. It would take a lot of energy to harness time travel.
edit on 10-5-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: correct grammar

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Care to give an example of something that actually happened that is crazier than a ship being covered in green fog, being teleported through time and space, and the crew being fused into the ship?

we could go six-kinds-of-crazy here

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17902680]UNIT76
who knows what other types of weird # might happen when these scientist types are messing around with magnetics, electricity, etc

..when's john titor due to arrive?

Lol you may get some more missing airliners and earthquakes and stuff. who knows

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just an update to my previous post, you can watch the 1984 Sci-Fi movie The Philadelphia Experiment for free on YouTube. Some people really like the movie, some are meh.

It's not in Blu-ray or anything, but the special effects are good for the time. Worth a watch if interested in the science fiction version:

The Philadelphia Experiment movie

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ionwind
Thanks for the link. Watched a bit and can make an educated guess plus some reason to believe that this expt did take place, regardless of the govt denial

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join