It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re Tearing Up the Drive-up Lanes at the Bank, And for What? Something that Transcends Frivolo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They’re Tearing Up the Drive-up Lanes at the Bank, And for What? WHAT?? Something that Transcends Frivolousness, That’s What!

Well, the drive-up lane for the ATM on the back wall of the bank plus three additional drive-up lanes that are serviced by pneumatic tubes are being taken out of commission for three weeks.

Everything at ground level below the canopy that extends from the rear of the bank is being demolished: the concrete traffic islands and curbs that delineate the lanes, the blacktop pavement, the tubes, and the ATM in the wall. Gone, all gone... and for what?

The bank is installing ITMs... “interactive teller machines” whereby there will be a screen depicting a live teller with headphones who will hold your hand and talk you through your very complicated (ha, ha) deposit or withdrawal. The ITM will even dispense coins. Wow! (But it won’t take them.)

Huh? Is this supposed to promote personalized service? Nah! Not without a three-dimensional avatar.

I have much experience with ATMs, and the one that was pulled out was more than adequate. In fact, aside from not taking deposits, the stripped down ATMs that you find in convenience stores are more than adequate.

Someone said that it may be a matter of additional security. I responded that if this is, in fact, the case, then all of the stripped down ATMs in convenience stores will need replacing.

The ATMs overseas, from what I understand, have increased security because they work in conjunction with chips inside plastic credit and debit cards. U.S. banks have been reluctant to incur added costs associated with switching over to this foreign system like replacing all the ATMs in America, so U.S. banks are opting for new ITMs which take frivolous stupidity to new levels... and if you don’t believe me, check out the demonstration videos that you can find on Youtube.

As I have stated: idiots run the world. No! Idiots ruin the world.

Einstein on technology: “The world will only have a generation of idiots."

P.M.
edit on 9-5-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added title which was truncated

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

I pay up to $5 in combined service charges to get a $20 bill from a machine right now, if I choose poorly for location or get caught in a crack for needing it right this second.

I don't even want to ask what the service charges will be for that in the end, huh?

* Were you around to recall when ATM's FIRST came out? They swore, they did, it would never cost money to use them. How silly, they suggested. After all, they assured us, the machines were allowing a downsizing of people inside, eventually. So, ATMs would save everyone money, never cost the banking customer.

Yeah... I do recall them really saying that. Poor kid that I was then? I fell for it too.. lol

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ok...without tubes for transference to and from the inside...how will they cash my checks and return my money to me?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ok...without tubes for transference to and from the inside...how will they cash my checks and return my money to me?

Customers have been instructed to enter the bank to conduct their business during the renovation.

If you, otherwise, want your hand to be held for an answer, I refer you to the OP or to just wait until you can interact with an ITM.

P.M.

new topics

top topics

join