Media blitz. Nigerian school girls. KONY redux. America WILL get into Africa one way or another.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Its EVERYWHERE.

Nigeria military ignored schoolgirl kidnap warning, claims Amnesty.

Stand down order?

But the Nigerian military cant track down some rag tag terrorists. Why? Because then we cant invade!

Officials: Abducted Nigerian schoolgirls likely split up, taken across border.

Now they've been taken to other Africa nations, cant just stop with Nigeria. The surrounding nations need to be occupied as well.

Nigeria abducted schoolgirls: Malala Yousafzai urges action.

Wow. They even trotted out Malala Yousafzai, the girl who speaks perfect English and was allegedly shot for "wanting an education".

British, US experts arriving to help in Nigeria.

Of-course they are. No one else in the World could possibly help find "missing school girls".

Sorry about the cynicism.

Even if its not another US backed terrorist group, the West will exploit this event in order to further their agenda.

What say you ATS?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Cant let a good crisis go to waste can we.......Africa is the new frontier......domination is the goal....
The Chinese, The Russians, the USA, all want a piece of the pie...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah yeah people were spouting the same things with Kony, the South Sudan, Somolia, CAR, Mali etc. The US has been handed a blank check to send in the troops to Africa a dozen times but, it is not going to happen. The US has no interest is getting pulled into civil wars and ethnic conflicts that would be impossible to stop. The US involment in Africa will always be limited to trainng, advising and some intel logistical support. If you want more than that you can keep on dreaming.

(post by BobAthome removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I'm not so sure. As resources dry up in developed countries, expansion is almost a given.

The Mid East was was also torn with religious and ethnic civil wars but we STILL maintain a military presence there.

We may not have a govt. military presence but rest assured corporate soldiers will take up that slack. Halliburton, KBR, DynCorp, etc are a growth type industry now. I think you know that!

edit on 9-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Us involvement in Africa will be limited to the corporate invasions as long as there is no resistance...then look out...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hey OP... I share your concern and I'm not sure what the deal is. Now I will say Kony was real, the threat was real and it still is. I spent some time in a protest with a nice woman who'd just gotten back from a couple years of missionary work in North/Central Africa, specifically working with the child survivors of the Lords Resistance Army. Evil ...people... to keep it family friendly here.

Having said that for real threats and not everything being overblown? Who said WE had to be the ones??

Combat plans in Africa?

The wheel keeps on turning and sooner or later? It all comes back around, eh? The above is a thread I wrote 1 year ago tomorrow...for all the quirky timing. It describes a contract put out to bid for extensive network capability to medivac and airlift people across a wide swath of Central African nations.

I wondered, as it shows there, what was happening? Now, I won't even joke that those girls weren't taken by who openly says he took them...but that doesn't mean our side hasn't been patiently waiting for such things to happen and then jump on to highlight as if it's never happened before.

Who knows what they are up to? They've been busy and going back for quite some time, too.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im sure the US government is drooling for a excuse.

Butt he whole Syria debacle pretty much ruined there fun.

Only the most senile and stupid politician ( IE McCain) can fail to see the that to trigger another war would be suicide to what ever party's supports it. You can only push the public so far then you have to wait for a decade or so.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The Us involvement in Africa will be limited to the corporate invasions as long as there is no resistance...then look out...

I really don't think invading Africa will sit well with black Americans.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh, but don't you figure we can fight on 3 continents at once?

Err.. It's not like that downsizing thing will matter or hurt the odds, right?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Oh, but don't you figure we can fight on 3 continents at once?

Err.. It's not like that downsizing thing will matter or hurt the odds, right?

You could down size by half and still likely win a initial invasion on 4 continents.

Its the whole occupying part that the USA fails miserably at and throwing money at it doesn't seem to work.

It a moot point anyway as the US people are vehemently anti war at the moment and the government got burned badly on the Syria issue like my own government. USA and UK are both out the war game for another few years at least.

Im sure by 2020 the public will have forgot and our beloved governments will go right back to there old ways.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

(laugh) Touche' and ya got me on that one. Yes, we have the war fighting part down pretty well, huh? It's that effort to actually make a life worth living in the nation we're done with that seems to be the area needing improvement.

I can't see England much helping in Africa either way. I think most of the European powers have had their fill of Africa after the colonial periods. Nothing good really came from it for London, Paris or anyone else up there, did it? I can't see any of them willingly going back to what they so recently fought hard to get clear of.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I don't know. France seem pretty big on the whole Africa situation at the moment.

Britain?

Well as you said I think we have had our fill of Africa.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
why go into africa ourselves when europe is already there with more experienced soldiers like the ffl and the like? i mean any large scale long term presence would be untenable the way our military is set up currently.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Just another example of the western world having to clean up its mess. We brought the Abrahamic faiths to them during the industrial revolution, destroyed their nations, made up borders based on foreign interests, and stripped their resources.

Now we have to act appalled when a poverty-stricken continent has religious extremists burning witches and stealing kids. I hate to say it but it's kind of our responsibility to help.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: stirling

I really don't think invading Africa will sit well with black Americans.

I don' t know about that. Americans of all colors seemed ok with the fact that slavery never ended in several Islamic countries, most notably Saudi Arabia. I would not be surprised if some of the Nigerian girls are already there. Saudi Arabians bought Syrian children refugees to use as slaves last year.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Brunei

"In May 2014, Brunei enacted a criminal code based on Sharia. The code will eventually include amputation and stoning as punishments, including stoning to death for adultery and "same sex activity."

Will this mean that slavery is now allowed in Brunei??

Is that were the girls are going???

In 1962 a small armed rebellion against the monarchy was ended with the help of the British.

really?,, pity.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is the OP aware this news story is World Wide and not just reported in the US...? Is the world going to invade Nigeria now?

Western company's require strict rules when striking up mining, and oil deals, such as the building of schools and roads infrastructure with the revenue etc, it does not permit to doing business with warlords and civil war riddled 3rd worlds that is a job/opertuity always picked up by the Chinese and Russians to invest in to which they just hand money over to the warlords and war torn country's in Africa with absolutely ZERO of the money being seen going to locals and relief...

I don't see you mentioning Chinas or Russia's huge investments in Africa... No, no, no... That could t possibly be... Everything ever is entirely the Wests fault and the CIA is behind it all

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Like Hillary said, "Its the perfect storm"

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Like Hillary said, "Its the perfect storm"

A talking point that has been long in the making. She warned of the perfect storm in Africa and the Middle East three years ago.

'Strategic necessity'

"The region is being battered by a perfect storm of powerful trends," Clinton said.

"This is what has driven demonstrators into the streets of Tunis, Cairo, and cities throughout the region."

www.aljazeera.com...

edit on 9-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join