It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado: Flood Threat Rises With Heavy Rain And Snowmelt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

CBS Denver

LOVELAND, Colo. (CBS4)- Heavy rain combined with the spring snowmelt is a concern in those areas that flooded last fall and caused a lot of damage.

One area being watched closely is the Big Thompson Canyon between Loveland and Estes Park.

The water in the Big Thompson River is already rushing so fast that some work must be put off.

One home that was first on Larimer County’s list to be demolished needed to be taken down before conditions made doing the work impossible.

the problem is two fold. first we had a heaver snow pack this year, good news for our depleted reservoirs but bad news for those who live in the lowlands next to creaks and rivers.

This weekend we can expect another two feet of new snow on top of what we already have.
add to that a warming trend to follow, making this stuff melt off fast.

I don't know about the rest of you but I can see this turning in a big prob over the following few weeks.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow that pic is pretty incredible!

I was in denver last month and hardly saw any snow, only in the mountains behind the front range...

What an awesome place it would be to live...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: morder1

Aha... Denver is just 'Another' big city... seen one you seen em all...
Come over here to SW Colorado and the Four Corners area and I'll show ya some places that'll blow your mind!

like Mesa Verde

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wow!

Yeah sadly I was only in CO for 3 days, I didnt want to leave... lol

Everything was better than my home area... people were much nicer, better paying jobs, awesome scenery etc etc

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I grew up in CO. It's true, Denvers just a city. lol

I spent some years living in Boulder. Definitely one of the best places to be in my opinion.

Sad to see that it could be some serious damage on the way. I hope not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Good luck with finding a place to live in the Greater Denver Metro.

After the flooding they had in Bolder Last fall hundreds of families were displaced. still trying to figure out who's gonna pay for all the clean up? Anyway because of that--- finding an apartment on the front range is tough, tough, tough man.

If the wife and I hadn't signed the closure papers on our new house a couple of weeks before the flooding... we could have expected the asking price on our home to have doubled!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: unphased

I spent a few years living in Golden CO.

that was pretty cool especially as a teen.
See they used to have a 'Penthouse' club there.
Penthouse as in the men's magazine penthouse.

me and my fellow miscreant buddies from the local high school spent many a week end planning how we could get past the bouncers?

Never did make in inside ... But we had plans you could make another Mission Impossible movie with!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Oh my god! I hope the pot crops are safe!!!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I can already imagine the various unhinged zealots.

"This is gods punishment for legalizing marijuana!"

"This is the result of man caused global warming!"

top topics

join