It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Regulators Approve Bitcoin for Political Campaign Donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, this ins interesting, ATS. It seems that the Bitcoin is here to stay now that TPTB have come up with a way incorporate it economically.

You might say bitcoin is gaining a bit of political currency. The six-member Federal Election Commission voted unanimously on Thursday to allow political candidates and committees to accept bitcoin donations. But there's a catch

You knew Bitcoin wouldn't be allowed to operate un-regulated and without a Central bank forever. I gotta say that I'm not surprised. When I first heard that Virgin Galactic would accept Bitcoin as payment for its Orbital flights, I knew Bitcoin was the Future/ is the future What says ATS?.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Maybe it was invented to be an untraceable campaign contribution. This way interests of different nations could gain power in the US government. Sounds like a possible well thought out conspiracy to me.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Very interesting indeed!

Especially after I read this a few days ago.

A division within the Department of Defense is investigating whether the digital currency bitcoin is a possible terrorist threat.

The Combatting Terrorism Technical Support Office is spearheading a program that will help the military understand how modern technologies could pose threats to national security, including bitcoin and other virtual currencies, the International Business Times reported.

Department of Defense to study bitcoin as possible terrorist threat

Wouldn't break my heart though to see the Federal Election Committee become a terrorist organization. Somehow it seems fitting!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yep, of course Politicians are okay with Bitcoin, as long as its going in their pocket in someway...

I can imagine the conversation now.

Random person "Its untraceable digital Currency Senator"

Senator "Untraceable you say... "

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yeah, my only regret with Bitcoin is that I didn't invest in it sooner when the prices were really low. Now, the price is way up there.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Yeah, my only regret with Bitcoin is that I didn't invest in it sooner when the prices were really low. Now, the price is way up there.

I lucked out an made a little bit, entered at like 5-7, left at 100.

If I had held out an extra 8 months...

Well, Id be on an island somewhere sipping a drink with an umbrella in it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Oh the hypocrisy

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You have not researched enough. Bitcoin makes the central bank, you. Anyone with the block chain explorer can see any and all transactions.

What is the purpose of banking? Accountability. Now, you do not have to wait for campaign donation reports. You can investigate yourself, and point out discrepancies.

Bitcoin to financial transactions, is like the Internet was to the way we communicate.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

You knew Bitcoin wouldn't be allowed to operate un-regulated and without a Central bank forever.

They are still unregulated with no central bank.

This wont change anything because the US doesn't have the legal authority force regulation on bitcoin.

All this will do if give politicians another outlet to hide dirty money, launder dirty money, horde dirty money - all in a way that goes unreported to We The People.

Thats why this is BAD.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

No, it is not. There can not be any underhanded deals. All transactions are in view.

top topics

join