It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Poll: 1-In-5 People Would ‘Have Sex With Android'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I read this and had to do a double take. LOL!
I never thought about this before, but now that you mention it... sounds kinky and.... adventurous in a way?

But really, I don't know. I know some people wouldn't have trouble adjusting to a life of having an android for a significant other. But kids with an android? I just can't envision it as even feasible. Not even in the distant future.

Now if it were just used as a kind of sex toy...

Ah, this topic makes me feel embarrassed. I should get my head out of the gutter. Haha!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robohamster
Now if it were just used as a kind of sex toy...

Well ... people use smaller 'toys' ... so a big one that is human size would work, right?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me at all.
It always makes me laugh when the British stereotype is applied to sex. The fact we are viewed as a repressed nation by many is hilarious. We don't tend to be big and loud ( no pun intended) about a lot of things but that doesn't have any reflection necessarily on our private life.

I think in some areas of our lives we tend to talk less and do more

I think the talking point here is peoples views on the possibility of android sex and it's applications and effects on humanity in the future......as far as it being a British poll, nothing to see here

Personally, I wouldn't favour an android over human contact in any type of relations ...the complexities of human behaviour and personalities, both the good and the bad, is something that appeals to me.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I would try it out. Why not? I dont think I could do it all the time but once in a while or even just once....sure.

I think it would help humanity out allot actually. Imagine all the sexual crimes it would help negate. Instead of prisoners being raped in jail inmates could use an android to satiate their needs. Instead of deviants looking for victims in the real world they could go nuts on a robot and leave the rest of humanity alone.

I know researchers in Alaska would tell sex-droid developers to shut up and take their money....

edit on 5 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If it's really sentient and has organic parts (artificial human-like being) I would have sex with an android and I could even fall in love with it. I don't see a difference there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join