It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Poll: 1-In-5 People Would ‘Have Sex With Android'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I agree with you about it being a tool or appliance. I understand that part.

I guess I'm just thinking slippery-slope where life-like androids start replacing any need to even try having a human relationship. (Didn't someone link that Futurama clip?)

An android is all fantasy, and if I have to start competing with man-androids, well then I just give up right now!

Or Surrogate. Don't forget that one.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Technically, an "android" is an artificial human. In the very first story to use the word "robot" "R.U.R. Rossum's Universal Robots" by Karel Capek, the "robots" in the story weren't robots at all, but were androids. The main character winds up at the end of the story crying--not something an Asimov-like robot would be doing.

There is also the memory of the Star Trek episode where the "robots" were "programmed" to serve "ALL of man's needs!" not to mention the androids in Blade Runner.

So although it is probably inevitable that these two terms will be used interchangeably by the popular press and lots of people, a clunky mechanical "robot" is far different than an "android" which is far more capable and attractive. And I dare say few people would refuse to sleep with an android, assuming they could tell the difference between one and a "real" human in the first place.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There is very little difference between an android and one of those blow up dolls in my view....
What ever happened to good old fashioned healthy masturbation.....
edit on 9-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, someone previously mentioned the fate of humans may be at risk due to the inability to procreate, but I suspect it will be more like selective procreation. I mean we will most likely end up choosing the best traits of DNA and reproduce folks that way (e.g. Gattaca, the movie) in a test tube or similar fashion.

Meanwhile, I'll be at home with my expensive-ass android concubine (30 more payments and this android is MINE!).

Now, as to the matter of needing affection, love, warmth, etc....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The answer to that question is the same, british or not. It only depends of finding the right model.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 9-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Oooh...kinky. But I would argue it's better than Apple or Microsoft!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hmmm.....

yeah, I guess I could see sex with an android.

But the question in my mind is,
would an android have sex with another android?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The current robots..no.
Some future cylon type skinjob...of course.

Would cylon sex be considered cheating if you were with someone?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And I'm guessing if I did a poll of "Would you lie about having sex with an android", the results would be 4 out of 5 as "yes".

I totally would as well as my wife. It would hurt the prostitution profession but would also all but eliminate sex traffic slaves. I can think of a several very positive changes this would have on the world.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Another poll says that one in five Brits play WoW. Coincidence?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Dude what the HELL you have scarred me for life, if you got the 400 people that said they'd do it with an android, I don't think ANY of them would want to anymore after watching one of those videos and having a look at the site.

How the hell did you find the site in the first place its the creepiest thing, Not only do they rent them but they have them for GROUP GATHERINGS and they state

SERIOUSLY If rented for a social gathering, the skin will be
cleaned and disinfected. If rented for personal use, you will
purchase the skin and keep it.

That is honeslty one of the creepiest things i have EVER encountered on the internet.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I was going to say something ... but I think you said it all.

Well said! Star for you.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Too right I would. Put me down for one.

I mean, I'd have a sex life and everything...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I just had a recollection of seeing an X-Ray of a mobile 'phone that was inserted into someone's rectum.

I suppose that was not what was meant in the OP.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How is this that different than any other artificial stimulus used by both men and women all over the world (and technically, throughout history). Archeologists have found such items dating back to pre-history, so they just adapt with our technology.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

That is pretty much how I see it.

Sex toys have been around for as long as sex itself,
so this is no different.

But that is just my opinion.
My wife thinks it would be cheating, so she holds a different point of view....lol

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would imagine the cost of such an android would be prohibitive to most people, but for wannabe kinky couples the "twosome plus one" scenario would be easier to do. Why are there only female sex robots?

edit on 12-5-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
No nagging, no hold back, no baggages, no complaints.

Plus it wouldn't expect you to call the next day

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Haha, my first thought when I saw this thread was "Do robots dream of electric sheep?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join