It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Pope Demands 'Legitimate Redistribution' Of Wealth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
Well, when he throws open Vatican coffers to start passing out two millennia of treasure and relics - then we can take it seriously.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well, when he throws open Vatican coffers to start passing out two millennia of treasure and relics - then we can take it seriously.

How could the Pope and his PR people NOT consider that criticism? Talk about glass houses and throwing stones! Incredible!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:17 AM
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yea, I have no Idea where the pope could of got such raddical thoughts being the religious leader of the Predominant group of Christianity.

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

HOW dare he sound so Christ like,

Almost made me think for a Moment that Christianity followed christ, and not their own agendas.

Perhaps the way to look at it is in Counter to the CURRENT way of things, that redistributes the wealth upwards instead of downwards. The Rich currently get Richer, through GOVERNMENT policy, at least thats how it seems in the us.

Inequality being addressed by Christ supposed representation on Earth, Heavens no.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:20 AM
The top five percent will definitely be quitting the Catholic church now, they have lost control of it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
a reply to: kosmicjack

Not to mention the MASSIVE land holdings alone.

With the Real estate assets of them alone could probably create a system of homeless shelters and humanitarian projects.

Any priest draped in fine linens, crowned and adorned with jewels and gold, has little to say to anyone about inequality.

Its why everything this pope says seems superficial to me.

Calls for responsibility with ABUSE, yet are the priest being offered up to authorities?

Spread the wealth, Vatican bank and coffers still shut? Yep,

You gotta walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM

Come on, its purely to redistribute the savings of the middle and poor classes to the rich of course. You know that.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Fylgje
I will take him seriously if he will immediately take 75% of the churches money and give it to the poor. Otherwise, he is full of fecal matter.

99.9% ! Jesus lived a life of simplicity. Therefore the pope and his coneys.....sorry cardinals should do the same. Sell the gold, the false idols, the palaces and funny hats and put there money were thee mouth is.

It's a win/win if it ever did happen. The majority of Catholics are poor, from poor nations, they also give give give to their church, so much so that in small towns where no one has food the churches are full of gold and priceless art.

So the money would be redistributed again back to the church if it came to the peoples hands.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM

originally posted by: kosmicjack

A good start would simple water wells for everyone everywhere and sewers.

The true wealth is the luxury we have of turning a faucet and being able to clean ourselves and our children. It should not take much and the worst problems are in many very catholic areas of the world.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
We need a reset but for the reasons stated above this isn't the best way.

The love of money/power is the root of all evil so we need to get rid of money/the moneychangers.

We need to have a skill based economy 1 hour of X skill is equal to Y hours of Z skill.
Example- 5 hours of burger flipping is worth one hour of time by a mechanic doing a brake job (one is a job the other is a skill).

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
a reply to: benrl

Its why everything this pope says seems superficial to me.

Yes you would expect such a great holy leader to live more Ghandi like. And yet in our society today people do not respect anyone not decked out in expensive clothing and representing luxury and wealth.

edit on 9-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM

The concept of redistribution is problematic. It implies you just take from one to give to another. What we actually need is a revaluation of labor. The bottom 50% (ish) need to receive more for their contributions and the rest need to take less of the pie. It has to be a new balance in the system, not the wholesale theft of already existing wealth.

What is astonishing is that the financial system would benefit from such revaluation as more people would be able to spend. The fact is, the rich hoard money, thus effectively removing it from the economy. Our modern systems depend on one thing above all else, liquidity.. More people that can spend (and NEED to spend) equates to greater liquidity. GDP would increase = taxable transactions increase = more tax revenue = lower taxation = more money to spend again.

It's a positive feedback, just the opposite of our situation today.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
It is so refreshing to hear the Pope sounding like Jesus. Helping the poor and most oppressed among us is the central message Jesus has.

It is also great that the Pope understands the gross inequalities that exists in the world due to the systemic problems created by modern day capitalism. He is using his understanding of this and of the true nature of Jesus to critique that which the system encourages us to celebrate - excess, competition, an ego-driven lifestyle, etc.

I am not a religious person, so when I say this it is not coming from a place of loaded theological doctrine, but objectively speaking capitalism has evolved to become anti-christ.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
People dont seem to see the big picture here.

For instance.
We as a species determine wealth as a financial amount while sacrificing the true meaning of wealth.

Wealth isn't about money nor Gold or any of the other #ing means by which people at the top determine power.

power is knowledge and knowledge is power.
Together we stand divided we fall.
I am as important as you as you are me. All teeth in the cogs that keep the world turning.

Me, I'm an Aquarius. (Just 4 the record) and I'm a seer.
I see.

When a child is suffering from a rare form of aggressive cancer and loses his/ger life and his/her family is left devastated by their loss and yet I look on and see past all of that bs and see a Cancer Act of 1939 and also companies that not only ask for grants and funding to find cures and a means to combat cancer but then upon apparently doing so stand before the mother and father of that child and demand what is effectively a ransom!!!!!!

I say a ransom because there are those that demand hundreds of thousands of pounds and dollars in return for treatments to save the lives of those in need.........

Who are ye that thinks ye are God and holds a ransom on life.
what religion are you!?

No religion of mine.
I am mine.
My God wouldn't accept that.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
Now I know why he is the last pope. He is going to piss off a lot of people bringing up Marxists talking points. The people will leave the church.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
I have said it before and will say it again...

Take all the money from all the people and put it in one big pile...

Line everyone up and distribute it equally among everyone...

Within one week, the people who had the majority of money before will have the majority of the money again...and the people who were poor before will be poor again...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
a reply to: totallackey

People dont need money.
True value lies with the mosy important institution. Family.
with family comes community.

The middle men are simply a third party.

A bit like when Haiti had the earthquake and bush introduced the third party when stating for people not to send food or blankets and to just send cash.
A prime example of the introduction of the middlemen. Get it?
I see it and if I've seen God did too

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM

Says the man who's on top of an organization worth between 10 and 15 billion dollars...

Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate.

Dear Pope Francis,

why not showing us how it's done and lead by example?

Thank you.

P.S. S&F for the entertainment value.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:36 PM
a reply to: totallackey
Trust and have faith in Lee ;-)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM

originally posted by: amfirst1
Now I know why he is the last pope. He is going to piss off a lot of people bringing up Marxists talking points. The people will leave the church.

If they don`t understand Jesus`s message, shouldn`t they?

I see you people talking about the vatican`s money a lot and not that I don't agree but I`ve heard that Pope Francis isn't that fond of using those riches and said that he prefers to live modestly, just like Jesus said we should.

While it might be a little irrational to think that governments should just give money to the poor, he raises once again an international problem that`s been there for millennias ; an imbalance of wealth, choice and lives from being rich or poor. It`s something that we shouldn`t embrace it like if it was inevitable but that we should work against. We simply will never reach a type I civilization the way we are acting now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
Why is it always redistribution, as in, taking from those who have some and giving to those who don't have as much?

Why is it never considered, the OPPOSITE works so VERY much better?

Lets see..... Pull everyone down to the lowest common denominator or....inspire, encourage and help everyone to rise to that higher level we're looking at to start with?

Perhaps if money were a finite resource where no more could be produced, we could say that one having some means another does not. It's just not quite that way tho...

At least that whole NWO thing is out in the open now.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>