It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Demands 'Legitimate Redistribution' Of Wealth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Okay, now he's making me nervous. When he speaks on spiritual matters, I'm right there with him - Do not judge; Pray; Help the poor and sick; Don't exclude people; Love God and Neighbor - All fantastic. But when he starts talking about massive 'wealth redistribution' through 'the state' ... YIKES! In fact, DOUBLE YIKES!! Money corrupts, and using the corrupt UN to demand 'wealth redistribution' ... and using 'the state' (countries), all of which are corrupt, to funnel money??? That's insane. The money would be stolen from hard working people and, while some would be given to those in need, most would end up being taken by 'the state' or 'the UN' or whoever else handles it. They'd decide they know how best to use it and it would become a corrupt bureaucratic black hole for the money. (not to mention it would be a dream come true for the New World Order).

I maintain that private groups and faith based groups are the best way to help those in need. NOT the corrupt United Nations; NOT the corrupt 'state' (countries)'; and not the New World Order ...

Pope Demands 'Legitimate' Wealth Redistribution

Pope Francis called Friday for governments to redistribute wealth to the poor in a new spirit of generosity to help curb the "economy of exclusion" that is taking hold today. Francis made the appeal during a speech to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the heads of major U.N. agencies who met in Rome this week.

Latin America's first pope has frequently lashed out at the injustices of capitalism and the global economic system that excludes so much of humanity, though his predecessors have voiced similar concerns.

Read more -
Huffington Post
The Epoch Times
MSNBC Morning Joe

+29 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Now isn't that the height of hypocrisy.....the head of the wealthiest organisation in the entire world history demands wealth redistribution....but only by governments.....makes me want to barf....
How people can get sucked into this crap never ceases to amaze....religion is for dummies...
The history of the RCC is fraught with sickness of every type.....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But when he starts talking about massive 'wealth redistribution' through 'the state' ... YIKES!

Ahh, the good ol' days when God ruled the world through the Church of State.

Pining for the Dark Ages too, boo hoo.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I only see this further benefiting the SUPER RICH. Meaning there are too many at the top right now and too many in the middle time to level that out to a new 3 tier scale Impoverished, Poor and SUPER RICH!

No more middle class and no more semi-elite rich...
edit on 9-5-2014 by abeverage because: but I liked middle clash...meant middle class.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Considering He is a holy man... and the other holy man, aka Jesus, was a commie.... so yeah!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The richest most corrupt organization in history try and take the moral high ground with wealth?

How does the Vatican have any credibility on anything in this day and age? How can anyone take any of the BS the pope spews out of his mouth.

I really did not think Jesus envisioned Christianity as setting up a corrupt political organization that has encouraged, wars, torture and child abuse while hording billion is riches gathered off the backs of the poor.
edit on 9-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Makes perfect sense from his stand point.

make the government give money to the poor.
the poor donate the money to the church
the church gets all the money from the governments

When the RCC opens their coffers to the masses I will support the Pope's ideas.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
I only see this further benefiting the SUPER RICH.

Yep. The money will be taken from the workers under the guise of helping the poor. But in reality it will just be used to create layers of super rich bureaucracy and the funding of certain projects that will, no doubt, be heavily invested in by the very people who would be the 'money movers'. The poor won't see the help. It'll never get to them, just like most of the 'aid' money that governments deal with now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

I only see this further benefiting the SUPER RICH. Meaning there are too many at the top right now and too many in the middle time to level that out to a new 3 tier scale Impoverished, Poor and SUPER RICH!

No more middle clash and no more semi-elite rich...

Thats how the catholic church has always liked it.

Few elites at the top with everyone as serfs underneath. That way you have absolute power and can steal, torture, rage war and abuse children as much as you like. Was always the way since the first Catholics decided to grab hold of Jesus teachings and twist them into the monstrosity of the Roman catholic church.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I love it when people who have no actual role in generating money by doing work

tell the rest of us they think redistribution is the way!!!!

Or better yet, the ones who have all their bills paid for them......

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So I wonder if we can apply on line to get our slice of the redistributed money.

Or will we have to fill out hard copies and mail them in.

Obviously what EL Papa is doing is just PR work and has no basis in reality.

Nothing is going to change the trend of the rich getting richer because they make the rules.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I will take him seriously if he will immediately take 75% of the churches money and give it to the poor. Otherwise, he is full of fecal matter.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I will take him seriously if he will immediately take 75% of the churches money and give it to the poor. Otherwise, he is full of fecal matter.

75%?

99.9% ! Jesus lived a life of simplicity. Therefore the pope and his coneys.....sorry cardinals should do the same. Sell the gold, the false idols, the palaces and funny hats and put there money were thee mouth is.

link   
I'm really starting to like this Pope, because he's rocking the boat. I might not be onboard with everything he states but the very fact that he doesn't seem content in towing the line the Catholic church has been unwinding for centuries makes me appreciate him more. I'd almost describe him as "the first radical Pope".

That being said, I can't say I disagree with him on this one in principal. As far as I am concerned there IS a massive global wealth disparity that is wreaking increasing havoc on the societal fabric of both developed and underdeveloped nations. And to be fair from what I read in the article he was merely asking the UN to promote this idea, rather than force it is an agenda upon other nations (which the UN would never be able to do, IMO).

However the thing which prevents me from fully believing or supporting this Pope's view on capitalism and wealth distribution is that the Catholic Church is quite possibly one of the wealthiest entities on the planet. If you're going to talk the talk, you'd better walk the walk as well, and crack open the vault of the Vatican Bank and toss some coins around to the poor.

Until that happens and although I like this new Pope, I'll take his views and words with a little grain of salt.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Nothing is going to change the trend of the rich getting richer because they make the rules.

If someone sets up a world wide wealth redistribution, then the top money holders will just get more and more ... and it will be stolen from the rest of us under the guise of helping the poor. The poor will see very little of it. And this will set up the one world currency and New World Order ... IMHO.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That's very humanitarian of him in theory but really, the freeloaders can keep freeloading and those who work for whats theirs will be stripped of their motivation to want more. No thanks.

Pope Francis, all you need to worry over is talking to man upstairs about Argentina's chances of lifting the cup several weeks from now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i remember hearing years ago, that just one of the popes rings is valued at a price that could cure starvation for a village ...

even if vastly exaggerated, i have no doubt the if the vaticans wealth were spread out, it could go a very long way to making the world a better place for the needy ....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Pope Demands 'Legitimate Redistribution' Of Wealth

Maybe the catholic church should lead by example and give up their billions.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Redistribution of wealth?

Well.... he could start by returning all the treasures that were looted from other temples for the past 2000 years!

The Menorah of the Jews would be gladly accepted back by Israel!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
RE: OP snip:

Pope Francis called Friday for governments to redistribute wealth to the poor in a new spirit of generosity to help curb the "economy of exclusion" that is taking hold today

a global situation of 'economies of exclusion'...

I guess we should all get $10k weekly paychecks, I-Phones and Caviar or T Bone stakes of our choice...

if true exclusion is to be rectified... then Boko Haram terror should not be exclusive to Africa or Nigeria

spread around both the good & the bad in equal measures

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join