It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Years in, GOP Support for Tea Party Down to 41%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

May 8, 2014

Four Years in, GOP Support for Tea Party Down to 41% Support for the movement nationwide drops to 22%
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- About four in 10 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents classify themselves as supporters of the Tea Party, while 11% are opponents and 48% are neither. This continues to be a significant drop from the Tea Party's high-water mark in November 2010, when 61% of Republicans were supporters of the Tea Party.

Gallup

The 21% that no longer support the tp movement most likely woke up to facts that it isn't a grass roots but a elite tool of the koch brothers. a drop of 21 points in four years is a huge turn around, but when you elect people like Bachman and West you sure get what you pay for and so do the koch brothers as there wealth has more than doubled since 2008.

Here is a link to video here
edit on 9-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They probably could not take the racism and others "values" and left them for Libertarians.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

If you look at what the GOP officially "supports" why would you really care what they don't support?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The Tea Party and the Occupy Movement both started out great. They both were inclusive and were on the road to helping America. Then the Tea Party got hijacked by the religious right and the Occupy movement got bought up by big left wing money. That's when they both turned people off.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

*meh*

The current crop of GOP folks are a bunch of liars as well as the democrats.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The Tea Party and the Occupy Movement both started out great. They both were inclusive and were on the road to helping America. Then the Tea Party got hijacked by the religious right and the Occupy movement got bought up by big left wing money. That's when they both turned people off.

The tea party was bought and paid for by the koch brothers and the occupy movement was crushed by the government in city parks around the USA.

I wonder how many voted tea party only to regret it now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I must confess, For the last 12 months I have tried to work out what 'GOP' stands for. Could someone please put me out of my misery and tell what it is short for?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Grand Old Party

and. . .

Geezers On Prozac
Greedy Old People

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I have a friend whose wife was high up in the Occupy Movement somewhere in the North East (won't say where), and early on they told people if they were Republican/Conservative then they were not welcome and better leave. At one point in time in New Hampshire someone decided that if you were for gun ownership then you couldn't be part of the Occupy movement ... someone had to set them straight that in New Hampshire that is almost everyone and the person had a hissy fit about it.

new topics

top topics

join