It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never give up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have to share my good news.

A year ago, my life turned upside down when I lost my job, my home, my posessions and my car.
I ended sleeping rough for a while, then eventually got accepted to stay at a hostel for the homeless. It was the lowest point of my life. I decided there and then that i could either let my situation beat me or i could fight with all my will to get my life back.

Eventually I got myself a council flat and then i started working at the hostel as a full time unpaid volunteer. In the last five months I have helped to rehouse 17 People which gave me a great sense of self reward.

I now have a wonderful new relationship with a fantastic lady and even better, after 835 job applications I have landed myself a full time job.

I guess the moral of this is, never ever give up hope or bow down to adversity, because with a little patience and self belief, things will eventually improve.

Thank you.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
I have to share my good news.

A year ago, my life turned upside down when I lost my job, my home, my posessions and my car.
I ended sleeping rough for a while, then eventually got accepted to stay at a hostel for the homeless. It was the lowest point of my life. I decided there and then that i could either let my situation beat me or i could fight with all my will to get my life back.

Eventually I got myself a council flat and then i started working at the hostel as a full time unpaid volunteer. In the last five months I have helped to rehouse 17 People which gave me a great sense of self reward.

I now have a wonderful new relationship with a fantastic lady and even better, after 835 job applications I have landed myself a full time job.

I guess the moral of this is, never ever give up hope or bow down to adversity, because with a little patience and self belief, things will eventually improve.

Thank you.

Hi,
Good luck! That’s the really inspiring and helpful for us.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

A good news story , glad to hear it and hope you go from strength to strength

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I haven't been down as far as that, but have been pretty low of life's rungs at one point or another.

The one thing I find is when you are, you see no end in sight, and when you finally get back up again, it teaches you a new respect and a new point of view on where you were, it really teaches you the appreciation of life.

The greatest trials or the greatest pains always make for the stronger people in the long run, and it sounds like you are a better and wiser person for your experience.

I wish you the best and may you keep climbing up.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That's the spirit of champions.

I wish you all the success in the world, I recently had
a personal victory with my kids. Took 10 years
but they are coming to visit me.

Your right never give up, failure cannot live with
persistance.

May your new life bring you nothing but joy.

Cody

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

I totally agree with everything you have written.
I will never again take a single thing for granted or pass up the oportunity to help somebody in the same situation.

Good luck and thank you

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Thank you Cody and may you build a beautiful and lasting relationship with your children.

Bless you

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am so happy for you! What a truly inspiring story.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

*Nods in admiration*

Well done...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Last year i spent the whole of Christmas day cooking breakfast and a 3 course lunch for 25 hostel residents and even though my situation has improved and my life is back on track, I plan to do the same thing this year. Without the hostel I would have been truly lost. I owe them everything.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't have enough words of admiration for you.
Not only did you overcome adversity,but you gave back.
That is what life is truly all about. Thank you for posting this. I love to read happy stories,and I wish you good blessings for your future.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Even though at the time my situation seemed pretty bleak, I soon realised that there were people far worse of than me.

I have a new saying " Even though at times we may have little in our own lives, the smallest thing that we can give could mean the whole world to those with absolutely nothing "

Bless you.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

A defining moment for me,was a low point in my life (and I have been homeless myself,with children) when I had a chance encounter with a homeless man on a city bus. I had a horrible day and couldn't stop the tears from flowing,even in public. This kind soul has forever been etched into my memory. He kept asking me to smile,but I could not. So he offered me his. He said ," Look at me,I have nothing but a smile,but I will give it to you." The kindest gesture anyone has done for me. I will never forget it,nor will I ever get the chance to let him know the difference he made in me. Words are kind yes,so are smiles.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

What a wonderful story. It made me smile

Bless you x

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That was awesome! Sometimes it is the little things in life that mean the most.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

Last year i spent the whole of Christmas day cooking breakfast and a 3 course lunch for 25 hostel residents and even though my situation has improved and my life is back on track, I plan to do the same thing this year. Without the hostel I would have been truly lost. I owe them everything.

You owe everything to your spirit, your gusto and your determination my friend.

The hostel was a means to help you realise your dream, and you show true strength of character to go back and continue to help them out.

Far too many people ask for help, receive it, and disappear without so much as a thank you, I'm honoured to have met you here.

Cody

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I will toast to that!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And if I may I'll join you, CHEERS

Love the av by the way.

Cody

ETA:That gives me an idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gideon get your bum over to Avatar creations

And ask for an avatar Phoenix rising or something along those lines, we need a new challenge
edit on 9/5/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thank you Cody. Will do.

And a big thanks for all the nice comments everybody

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
835 job applications? good grief!

I've been looking for a job, and compared to most people I'd have to compete with, I have no real experience whatsoever.

This actually discouraged me a little, heheh. 835? You really kept count?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join