It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Left 3 and 1 Year-Old Kids to Sleep in Bushes for a Week While She Slept in Motel Room

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: poiSoN466

Do you have children poiSoN466(Probably not considering your stance on the matter)? If so would you keep them in a bush, ever? A one year old and a three year old? For a week? While you are most lightly horizontal for the $$$?

I done some things in my time, then you grow up, kids change your perception on the world, hence the reason why reasonable parents do not keep them in bushes, or perceive said act as acceptable, for whatever reason. Or do you disagree?

I disagree completely. Have you read the article?? She was WITH the kids. She TOLD the cops she didn't want her kids living in a bush. She ran OUT of hotel vouchers. The fact of the matter is, there isn't a single thing I would not do for my kids. With every ounce and fiber in my body I would protect my children with every cell of life I had in me. If that meant I stripped the clothing off my back, slept on concrete so they had warmth, than so be it. You are STILL missing the point. Have YOU been in her situation?? Have you ever hit rock bottom that you had to do extenuating circumstances for your kids?? I'm sorry, and please don't take offense to this, but if you would rather give up your kids to some foster care where they end up with God knows who, instead of doing everything you possibly could to provide for them and keep them in your care where you know they won't be abused etc etc...Than in my opinion you don't deserve to be a parent.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

"I disagree completely. Have you read the article?? "

What do you mean read, i can't even play the Banjo! LoL I posted said article, obviously i read it beforehand, otherwise why would i post said peace?

I pretty much reside on the poverty line(Maybe about 5%/10% above) while attempting to bring up both my one year old boy and seven year old girl. How many kids you got, I ask to gather perspective?

There not living in bushes or without electricity or food, never mind proper sanitary conditions. I do my best, what's you claim to fame other than your opinion on the matter?

I see the point rather clearly mate, you're the one thats divergent! I know how important kids are, after all they are indeed our future!

edit on 9-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

"I disagree completely. Have you read the article?? "

What do you mean read, i can't even play the Banjo! LoL I posted said article, obviously i read it beforehand, otherwise why would i post said peace?

I pretty much reside on the poverty line(Maybe about 5%/10% above) while attempting to bring up both my one year old boy and seven year old girl. How many kids you got, I ask to gather perspective?

There not living in bushes or without electricity or food, never mind proper sanitary conditions. I do my best, what's you claim to fame other than your opinion on the matter?

I see the point rather clearly mate, you're the one thats divergent! I know how important kids are, after all they are indeed our future!

I'm very convinced that you do not see the point. Secondly, how is how many kids either of us have even relevant? I have 3 kids just because you are curious. So let me ask you this. If suddenly the bank recalled your mortgage on your home, the stock market crashed, and you house was forfeit to the government, and you were suddenly on the streets with your kids. What would you do?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"I'm very convinced that you do not see the point."

You mean the one where the kids are residing in the Rhododendrons?

" let me ask you this. If suddenly the bank recalled your mortgage on your home"

Mortgage was foreclosed long ago, about 8 years now, lost it all, well my home anyway.

"the stock market crashed, and you house was forfeit to the government"

Its in the post!!!

"and you were suddenly on the streets with your kids. What would you do?"

Crap myself, get my head together, then rent some private accommodation. Which is what i had to do, no kids back then so different ball game scarry all the same!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And if you had kids and didn't have the money to rent a private accomodation?? And then suddenly you got laid off from your job because of a slight economic recession?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"And if"?

You grow a set, you don't fall down, because you have responsibilities, by that I mean children.
Which is not to say you lodge your children in a bush while doing who knows what in a local hotel room.

That being said, its rather different where i hail from, there is more of a social safety net. If you lose your Job and or become homeless with 2+ children our local housing associations are obligated to provide adequate accommodation.

"slight economic recession"

Hahaha,haha,ha, if only!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"And if"?

You grow a set, you don't fall down, because you have responsibilities, by that I mean children.

That being said, its rather different where i hail from, there is more of a social safety net. If you lose your Job and or become homeless with 2+ children our local housing associations are obligated to provide adequate accommodation.

"slight economic recession"

Hahaha,haha,ha, if only!

So how can you bash on someone, and hate on someone, and call them out and basically call them trash and an unfit parent when they don't have the same opportunities as you, based upon their government, something completely out of their control?

Do you have any idea how ignorant that makes you? I don't know what country you're from, and frankly, it isn't important. But it obviously sounds like your country does a lot more for homeless people and people that need assistance than the United States of America....so instead of bashing at this woman, WHY would you not focus your fire at the REAL problem in the United States Government?? Are you kinda catching my drift here, or are you still stuck in a delusion?

This is basically what you don't understand: In the United States of America, if you lose everything, there is no "growing a set and not falling down" because the government HELPS you fall down, and they keep you there. It doesn't matter what responsibilities you have. This isn't your country, and you've very clearly demonstrated you don't know much about it. I'm educated you, and you are denying the education at every whim, insisting it is the woman's fault. Look at the bigger picture and recognize when something is out of someone's hands.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: poiSoN466
And if you had kids and didn't have the money to rent a private accomodation?? And then suddenly you got laid off from your job because of a slight economic recession?

While on one hand I admire your efforts here on the other...

Don't bother.

It is a curious and common quirk of human nature that those who would denounce others for their lack of empathy or compassion are incapable of it themselves. A person must exhibit a capacity for even rudimentary self examination before they can comprehend the plight of others.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
This just shows how broken the system is......the whole reason de etre for any kind of society at all is skewed beyond belief .....the gold rush mentality for profits has got to change drastically before humans get any relief .
I don't blame the mom...I blame the rest of the mess we live in....and screw all you do goody nosey arses............not one of you would stoop to offer any assistance to them anyways....so yak on about how great you are and how superior....

I wish we could clap, because your post deserves it.

"do goody nosey arses"
Couldn't have said it better

"not one of you would stoop to offer any assistance to them anyways"
Nope! The most they'll do is come onto ats and make themselves feel good by slagging of another human being. And they wonder why the "Sheeple" word gets used so much around these parts.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"So how can you bash on someone, and hate on someone, and call them out and basically call them trash and an unfit parent when they don't have the same opportunities as you, based upon their government, something completely out of their control?"

Government amenities aside, they did not help me, I had to get a private property not council! How is there kids living in a bush while Mum resides in a hotel outwith their control, as parents? If so they simply don't deserve to have children, because they obviously cannot take care of or provide for them.

"Do you have any idea how ignorant that makes you? I don't know what country you're from, and frankly, it isn't important."

If you read the thread in the entirety you would know i reside in the United Kingdom. How's that for ignorance!

"But it obviously sounds like your country does a lot more for homeless people and people that need assistance than the United States of America...."

Truth be told it could do a whole lot more, thing is we are falling apart as a nation in more ways than one.

"so instead of bashing at this woman, WHY would you not focus your fire at the REAL problem in the United States Government?? Are you kinda catching my drift here, or are you still stuck in a delusion?"

Oh buddy, you cant teach pork! Help the kids. The REAL problem is the distribution of wealth, that does not make the lady in question any less of a bad mother. Everyone is a product of society that doesn't mean it's acceptable to keep kids in shrubbery.

"This is basically what you don't understand:"

Don't be to sure about that but i will entertain the notion!

"In the United States of America, if you lose everything, there is no "growing a set and not falling down" because the government HELPS you fall down, and they keep you there. It doesn't matter what responsibilities you have. This isn't your country, and you've very clearly demonstrated you don't know much about it. I'm educated you, and you are denying the education at every whim, insisting it is the woman's fault. Look at the bigger picture and recognize when something is out of someone's hands."

Don't know much about America??? That would indeed be hard these days!

Well maybe you nation should implement proper social welfare programs then again chance would indeed be a fine thing!

And its is the woman's fault, she's there Mother and her kids are in a bush! Cant fault that logic ask any proper Mum, ask your own, would she leave you there for a week, a day, an hour?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Empathy and compassion! I'm willing to help anybody that's willing to help themselves. The rest are lost i'm afraid, I know because I have been there. Its a choice, nothing to do with religion or anything like that, still you have to choose.

Social and economic depression aside I just don't hold no empathy toward people who keep their babies in bushes!

On that note im away ta change a bum. Stinky!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Unfortunately the US has become the ME society. No one takes responsibility for themselves or their families. It is always someone else's fault, whether it is their parents, society, government, whoever they can blame.

I have very little tolerance for people who do not take care of their children, and this woman WAS NOT taking care of her children. Read the original story from the Modesto Bee, look at this woman's Facebook page, do a little more research before you defend someone for those who are defending her.

edit on 9-5-2014 by Watcher777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Ma bad for not checking her Facebook page! Come on dude i'm not NSA/GCHQ or a potential employer.......client. My only concern was with the barins(Children).

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry that part wasn't directed at you, just everyone else who seems to be defending this dope.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

I'm glad you can see this individual for what she obviously is, that being an inadequate parent to say the least. Help her/don't help her, but the kids deserve a chance at more is my thinking on the matter, bushes or otherwise.

Thanks for the support!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I agree with you. I too was wondering how they arrested her for neglect if she was found with them.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

" let me ask you this. If suddenly the bank recalled your mortgage on your home"
Mortgage was foreclosed long ago, about 8 years now, lost it all, well my home anyway.
"the stock market crashed, and you house was forfeit to the government"
"and you were suddenly on the streets with your kids.

Is this the scenario that happen to this family? Suburbanites wound up living in a bush with mom trading in her soccer mom van and lifestyle to shake her money maker for a few bucks to feed her kids?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
This mouse. Can these extra posts be erased?

I can sympathize, I just trashed my Razor a couple of weeks ago because of the very same problem.

On topic though, I have to agree with you. Apparently she's trying to do SOMETHING to feed her family, maybe her husband is the no good one who forced her into it, or maybe they had no other options, we just don't know.

Obviously, if it turns out that these parents are addicts and choose to spend their petty earnings on things other than their kids in that situation, they should be in jail and their kids taken away from them.

Sometimes I see a young couple with two small kids asking for handouts at the local Walmart. I'd love to buy them a meal, but I've been scammed so many times I trust no one any more. I think that's the real reason people don't want to help people like this, and not lack of compassion.

edit on 5/9/2014 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: poiSoN466

While on one hand I admire your efforts here on the other...

Don't bother.

It is a curious and common quirk of human nature that those who would denounce others for their lack of empathy or compassion are incapable of it themselves. A person must exhibit a capacity for even rudimentary self examination before they can comprehend the plight of others.

Agreed. It's about time I remove myself from the discussion. Some people will just never grow up and empathize with certain situations out of the hands of others. I mean at this point, people are still insisting she was sleeping in the hotel while her kids were outside in a bush. More than enough evidence has pointed to the fact that she was indeed outside sleeping with the kids in the bush.

So, with that, and the amount of ignorance in this thread, I have removed myself. Have a good one all, and I hope to God nothing like this ever happens to any of you hating on this woman.

edit on 12-5-2014 by poiSoN466 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join