It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voted for Obama twice. I am ready now for President Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think after being humbled that Gov Romney would make a great next president. We have had our 8 years of liberal leadership and now believe it is time for a conservative to bring balance.

We cannot allow our military to weaken. It does definitely need to be under close scrutiny and some of the weapon systems that are obsolete and continue to be funded due to political reasons need to stop to make the DOD cheaper. What we don't need to do is let our weapon systems become obsolete and fall behind in technology.

I am in now way in support of the wacko Tea Party politics of disruption and no compromise but I do not think Romney falls in that group at all. Of all the would be Republicans I think he is still the most qualified and likely successful as a President.

Wish he would try one more time as I do not think it is good for us to have another 8 years of a liberal as President even though I have liberal leanings on many subjects I think our Nation is best when balance is kept and we have people willing to compromise and work together.

I think having a moderate Republican as our next President might help in the long run to deflate some of the wackos popularity and some of them will not get elected again so we can get some leaders in there willing to actually run the country rather than cater to their next election.

Romney could help consolidate the party into sane leadership rather than disruption, confusion and obstructionist.

+1 more 
posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Your jokeing right?

Voteing for either of the teo main partys gets you the same result!

Both just follow wirh the policys of the last.

You need to break the hold the 2 partys system has or the USA will just continue to sink.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Your jokeing right?

You need to break the hold the 2 partys system has or the USA will just continue to sink.

Well I understand your point and agree with it, but the reality is there is not enough people willing to break the mold and vote a 3rd party in. So you can waste your vote on a 3rd party candidate or vote for the best of two evils. Maybe one day the American public will get motivated to break the mold but we are far from it currently.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Voting for any of them is only playing into their hands. Allowing them to continue the charade they call democracy.

Vote left, no right, no left, no right...It really doesnt matter they will both take your rights, freedoms, liberties and money while empowering themselves and getting rich.

Politicians do not have your best interests at heart!

Stop voting, make a real change by changing the system and the people who run it. Do you really want to vote on who gets to screw you over?

Do not just vote for who you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils just because they tell you thats what makes you free and in control.

It doesnt. The sooner everyone gets the message the sooner things will improve.
edit on 5137Friday372014-05-09T06:37:51-05:003751 5 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry Double Post
edit on 1937Friday372014-05-09T06:37:19-05:003719 5 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Voted for Obama twice. I am ready now for President Romney

Too late. Romney ran twice. He lost twice - once in the primaries and once in the actual POTUS race. He won't be running again. Your republican choices in 2016 will probably be Christy or Jeb Bush ... that's my guess at this point.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If Romney had won the last election, the USA and its allies would already be at war with Russia...

The last two presidential candidates of the Republican party, that is McCain and Romney, are nothing more than warmongering individuals who so clearly yearned a time of strife with Russia and China, both of which they perceived as enemies.

Yes Obama has waged illegal wars, but things would have been so much worse under McCain or Romney...

I may not be American, but i think this stuff was so clearly obvious when looking into the USA, from the outside...the international scene got a different perspective to the overall election, and the dialogue/plans of which were proposed. I think it is safe to say that the USA made the right choice by electing Obama into power a second time. The international scene can only hope that a worse president isn't elected next time...
edit on 9-5-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
I do not think Romney is a War monger. I do think he would take a stringer adversarial role with Putin than Russia has but I do not think he is like MCCain, Bush etc... I think Romney is a Liberal.

My 2nd choice would be Jeb though I admit it makes me a bit uneasy. I do not think he is like his Brother but it makes me worry that he could be and that is why I mention Romney. Christy is damaged goods he wont get any support from far right or independents. He has a trust issue now deserved or not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The lesser of two evils is still evil. Knowingly voting for evil makes you evil.

Also, one thing a president is supposed to do is uphold and defend the constitution. How can Romney do that when he doesn't even know what's in it? He showed he doesn't know what's in the constitution during one of the debates when he deferred to Ron Paul.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: crazyewok

Your jokeing right?

Well I understand your point and agree with it, but the reality is there is not enough people willing to break the mold and vote a 3rd party in. So you can waste your vote on a 3rd party candidate or vote for the best of two evils. Maybe one day the American public will get motivated to break the mold but we are far from it currently.

Says the guy going with the flow instead of helping to fight it. You know change starts with the individual. If you aren't willing to do things differently, then why should anyone else? If you vote Republican or Democrat and even worse if you say that you do it because doing otherwise would be throwing your vote away, then you are part of the problem. Have fun propagating a broken system.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just to satisfy my curiosity, if you would.

Why did you vote for Obama a second time?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Yes Obama has waged illegal wars, but things would have been so much worse under McCain or Romney...

Thats funny.

Under Bush - Invade Iraq; Invade Afghanistan; bomb Pakistan; bomb Yemen; etc

Under Obama - Invade Libya; Attempt to invade Syria; Bomb Iraq; bomb Afghanistan; bomb Pakistan; bomb Yemen; etc

Comeon ... [D] and [R] = Same/Same.
And if you want to get picky .. Obama's bomb list is longer than Bush's.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah but Obama's bombs were humanitarian bombs and Bush's bombs were war bombs.

This specific concern the OP has about military spending reminds me of some of the senile geriatrics who don't seem to care about anything other building a massive military. For what purpose they can't really say other than tossing out vague and seemingly racist anachronistic fears of "reds" and "chi-coms."

They wish the country would guard itself the way Old Man Jenkins guards his lawn from those "damn kids!"

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You’re a little slow, well a lot slow. You voted for the guy TWICE and now you have buyers remorse? Thanks for helping to give us the crappy POTUS we have today. Thanks for the crappy healthcare, the new taxes, the dead people in Benghazi, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious……just thanks for all of that. Thanks. P.S. Romney isn’t running. Get with the program.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: daaskapital

Thats funny.

Under Bush - Invade Iraq; Invade Afghanistan; bomb Pakistan; bomb Yemen; etc

Under Obama - Invade Libya; Attempt to invade Syria; Bomb Iraq; bomb Afghanistan; bomb Pakistan; bomb Yemen; etc

Comeon ... [D] and [R] = Same/Same.
And if you want to get picky .. Obama's bomb list is longer than Bush's.

Yes, i'm well aware that both parties are two sides of the same coin...the exact same can be said with any two party dominated 'democracy'. I actually had mentioned it before i edited my comment, i just couldn't fit it in properly, in a way i desired - so it got culled.

As i said, yeah, Obama has waged illegal wars, just like a lot of other Presidents of the past. In saying that though, there is no denying that McCain would have pushed more than Obama for intervention in Syria...the guy even went over there for photo opportunities to publicly declare his support. There is no denying that Romney would have pushed for more action against Russia.

People give Obama crap because he doesn't stand up to other nation-states as much as the public would like, but in the above circumstances, the overall lack of aggressive action on behalf of Obama has obviously resulted in more stable outcomes. This isn't saying that Obama hasn't attempted to engage in aggressive tactics, as he has. I do think you understand what i mean, however.

While i agree that both parties are effectively the same, i maintain that i believe that Romney and McCain would have done a worse job in the specific situations of which Obama has had to manage.
edit on 9-5-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I dont even know where to begin with this ridiculous statement.

So you can waste your vote on a 3rd party candidate or vote for the best of two evils. Maybe one day the American public will get motivated to break the mold but we are far from it currently.

And this!

The whole thing is just one big oxymoron.

You want people to start breaking the mould but dont want to do it yourself?! Telling us we are far from having everyone stop voting for these clowns so until then you're going to keep voting for them?

Complete nonsense!!!!!
edit on 1439Friday392014-05-09T07:39:14-05:003914 5 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Stuck in that paradigm I see.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Romney Over Obama? cant you tell that they are the same? Romney if he was in Charge would draft your kids to fight in Ukraine.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Well said and your right about what you said about Romney And McCain.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

We have had our 8 years of liberal leadership and now believe it is time for a conservative to bring balance.

So you won't be voting in the next election? There hasn't been a conservative Republican running for office that TPTB would let have the nomination since the 70's. The Republicans that run now are corporatist. And even if you vote for the lessor of two evils you are still voting for evil. Even if an Independent has no chance of winning it's better than voting for a sell out.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join