It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the New ICBM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I cannot believe the US is not going to develop new ICBMS when it is obvious Russia cannot be trusted.

The End of the New ICBM
Last week, at a conference full of advocates for modernizing the United States’ nuclear triad, something big happened: the idea of developing a new, nuclear-armed, ground-based long-range missile fell off the table.

This realization comes from and Air Force Funded study that is obviously OFF the mark and leading us down a dangerous Path.

The Future of the U.S. Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Force
•The vulnerability of U.S. ICBMs to a Russian preemptive strike may not be of nearly as much concern as it was during the Cold War.

This is completely false Russia is sending Bombers to test US Forces and our Nato Allies JUST LIKE IN THE COLD WAR. RUssia is also Warmongering in the Ukraine. Russia under Putin Cannot be trusted.

Russia increases military flights in Pacific, US general says

(CNN) -- Russia has stepped up military activity in the Pacific, including sending long-range bombers on flights off the coast of California and around the island of Guam, as tensions have risen in Ukraine, a top U.S. Air Force general said Monday.

"What Russia is doing in Ukraine and Crimea has a direct effect on what's happening in the Asia Pacific," Gen. Herbert "Hawk" Carlisle said in a presentation to the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington.

Dutch fighter jets intercept 2 Russian bombers in their airspace

(CNN) -- Dutch fighter jets scrambled Wednesday to intercept a pair of Russian military aircraft that entered their airspace, a fairly routine action that comes amid heightened tensions between Russia and NATO, a Dutch official said.

Russian Aircraft are skimming our Coasts, is it really time to let our ICBM arsenal rot and become obsolete?

USAF General: Russian Long-Ranged Aircraft Skim California Coast
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A U.S. Air Force General is sounding a warning in regards to recently accelerated Russian military activity over the Pacific, claiming that a number of Russian long-ranged aircraft have patrolled as far as the coast of California.

General Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle said that a number of long-ranged, Russian airborne patrols over the Pacific included a Tupolev TU-95 bomber, which was intercepted by a U.S. F-15 Fighter Jet over Guam.

Many do not know it because you wont see it on TV but Putin is a religious zealot. He may see himself inside the Bible in one of the roles in prophecy. He could be a mad man.

Power of religion: With Putin's help, Russian church grows as political force

While it may seem strange that a former KGB agent who spent most of his life in a communist and aggressively non-religious police state would form an alliance with the church, experts say it makes perfect sense, at least politically. Putin backs the church, which in turn calls him a "God-given leader," because he believes it is part of a national tradition, not to mention some 71 percent of the Russian population consider themselves members.

Yes it is strange...scary strange.

Find out how to write your congressman and tell him to cut something else and make sure the ICBM's are kept up to date as they may in the future when our economy becomes worse be the only thing we have left to fend off enemies. ICBM's ensure peace more than any other weapon or Force in the world today.

Russia developing and testing new high tech fast accurate ICBM's as I type.

Russia Tests Multi-Warhead ICBM

Russia’s military carried out a flight test of a new multi-warhead intercontinental ballistic missile on Monday amid growing tensions with the United States over the crisis in Ukraine.

The SS-27 Mod 2 road-mobile ICBM was launched around 2:40 a.m. EST from Russia’s Plesetsk launch facility, located about 500 miles north of Moscow.

and more...

Russia fires intercontinental ballistic missile in scheduled test

The Russian military has successfully performed a scheduled test launch of the RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile, the country’s Defense Ministry said.

The launch of the intercontinental three-stage ballistic missile (ICBM) was carried out from Kapustin Yar testing ground in the Astrakhan region. The dummy warhead hit its target at a test ground in Kazakhstan, Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Yegorov told RIA Novosti.

edit on 9-5-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My guess is that ICBM technology is outdated.

They are probably spending the money on other things - maybe space based weapons?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am kind of hoping Russia will invade the USA and get rid of those useless warmongering politicians that are there now ...by by McCain ....yuck ,I feel dirty now

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I am kind of hoping Russia will invade the USA and get rid of those useless warmongering politicians that are there now ...by by McCain ....yuck ,I feel dirty now

Russia cant invade the US they do not have a means to do it. Yes McCain has turned total wacko in his old age. Like to say good bye to he and Lindsey Graham. Both war mongers. If McCain were president we would be in Seria right now fighting a Civil war and losing many, many American lives for nothing.

I am against America being world Police but not against America keeping STRONG defensive systems and Forces. We should how ever only use our Defense for Defense and not go around invading like we did in Iraq. Afganistan ade some since but we been there WAY to long.

We need to update our Nuclear forces ASAP while we still can. Who knows where our Economy will go. Do you really want your children and grand childrens only defense to be 40-50 60 year old ICBM's While Russia and China are modernizing theirs?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: fedeykin

They are probably spending the money on other things - maybe space based weapons?

My guess as well...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: fedeykin

My guess as well...

This could be true but I doubt it since Obama is President. Liberal are not known for supporting new weapon systems such as you speak. I am not willing to be a sheeple and hope and guess that my leaders are doing the right thing without knowing for sure they are.

If they got some way of protecting us that eliminates the need for ICBM's I am all for it. If so they need to let us know. Maybe not all the details but at least owe us the knowledge there are weapon systems in place to protect and defend us that make ICBM's less viable. Maybe they are outdate but you willing to stake your future and your children's future protection on a GUESS?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
But there is something called a non proliferation treaty that might be a better option .I read recently that the UK may be in a position to violate that treaty or at least that is what I took away from the article . a reply to: Xeven

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Now HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING OF COURSE,

When you have a flotilla of almost inert stealth designed orbital kinetic bombardment platforms with high density kinetic darts which can each deliver a meteor level impact comparable to a crust cracker nuclear device on a target then why make dirty no longer cost effect nuclear missiles and outdated expensive slow rocket based delivery systems.
The shroud is a star wars era plan which placed large numbers of these relatively small but high weight/density kinetic delivery systems into various orbit's, they can be manouvered for best strike position and there are large number's hidden among the space junk along side targeting satellites as well further out for increased maximum entry velocity, they are virtualy invisible to current non optical technology's and black against space to optical technology, use accelerated launch and kinetic drop to build up momentum before stiking there target on the ground, A couple of these would even take out Yementu.
The area 51 and other site's were actually retasked at the early prototype stage with using non emission rail gun launch site's (no rocket plume to be detected) from underground facilitys and also magneto sled launching systems to fire these into orbit (if you look at the google earth image you will see strange lines camouflaged among dissused and fake runway's) and only once clear of the atmosphere and at altitude where small burns made to stabilize there position, as they are unmanned this type of aggressive launch with far higher g force than a human could withstand was possible.
Once these sites where fully operational the space shuttle became nothing but a public relations front and the belief that the world was oblivious reassured the planners of this setup, it is in contravention of internationally binding legal treatise as it is classified as weaponization of space and an escalation of the arm's race as well as first strike devices but the real worry is if the us military do not control them and the senate then who does?.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Again I am not willing to risk the protection of myself, my family and my friends on Hypothetical, potential or possible defenses. If we have them then sure lets let go of the ICBM. The thing about America is We the People have a right to know what our government is doing. I am not talking about all the classified details but we do have a right to know if we are disbanding our ICBM defenses for better systems. We have a right to know if our government is taking the right steps in protecting us without guessing so or taking their word for it. Out leaders should not be our overseer's. They lead us because we will them to do so not the other way around.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Don't have time to provide all the linkies in response to your post, but Russia and Putin cannot be trusted. They are breaking all kinds of treaties and have been doing so for years. Just google "Russia breaking treaties" and you will understand my lack of trust in treaties with Putin.

edit on 9-5-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Well what you have to look at is the fact these devices are virtually invisible until they strike then it is too late, trying to shoot one of these kinetic dart's down is like trying to shoot at a very small, very fast meteor out of the sky, and even with half the arsenal currently held the US is in a positon to anihilate anyone with nuclear mean's with only the russian dead hand system to worry about and enough anti missile systems like the updated patriot to take out most of russias ICBM's before they got to you meaning that the dead hand system is compromised and america though damaged would survive the all out war.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I cannot believe the US is not going to develop new ICBMS when it is obvious Russia cannot be trusted.

We don't need any more ICBM's. We could cut our current stock by 90% and still have enough ICBM's.
You think Russia will hold back shooting nukes at us as soon as we launch 1?
Spend your money maintaining and decommissioning your aging nukes..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I would be surprised If we (the USA) doesn't have missile defenses that couldn't protect us from nearly all if not all incoming missiles. The cold war never really ended, it just got swept out of the public's view as the US pulled ahead and Russia's economy slowed to the point it was futile for them to continue. The nuclear threat never really went away, but we no longer needed to wave our peckers around to see whose was biggest.

We do have technology the public doesn't know about, and an elaborate missile shield is a likely thing to develop. So why update the missiles if they still fly fine, and a preemptive strike by Russia wouldn't hurt them?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
New U.S. ICBM's will be made in China, since the Clintons already sold all our "nookler" secrets to them anyway. "Amerika! "f$ck Yeah!"

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Maybe they are outdate but you willing to stake your future and your children's future protection on a GUESS?

All 1 is permitted to say is "blk triangles" go faster then ICBM... You never know my friend how the overseeing guides may be interacting here.

So okd new protections FROM? why deleting old ones, some nations may have been.

It was more less a collective scan registered as a guess Xeven my friend.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 5/9/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

If they only took out MOSCOW and Washington DC life on this planet might really change? HEHE

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Great reason to vote for GOP. Bigger, better war machines and more of them.

The US already spends more on military that all other nations on Earth combined but it's never going to be enough is it?

Military budget by country

The US's weapons system are already 10-20 years ahead of Russia. They couldn't possibly believe they could successfully first strike the US nukes. But that's not really the point is it?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Isn't it obvious with the US fielding rail gun and laser tech recently ICBM are obsolete?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

If we don't deserve the right to know classified information, and the replacement is classified then how exactly do you propose they let us know that it's being replaced for a classified system? Even knowing that some programs exist is classified.

And an ICBM isn't a defense, it's purely offensive in nature. There are no working ICBM defenses in the US right now.
edit on 5/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First our wepons are maintained constantly and in perfect working order, and will hit the target.
Just how fancey of a Nuke do you really need to wipe out this planet???

I think what we have will do just fine if ever and god forbid needed.

A nuke is a nuke no matter how fancey teh wrapping.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join