It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems...Why Not Let the Republicans Fail?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think it ironic that so many excuse government intrusion by saying, "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide".

Yet, when it comes to government malfeasance, they hide, lie, and obfuscate.

Quite Ironic!

It all goes back to the point that they think they are above the law and the citizens. (on both sides nephalim)
All of the scandals and corruption can be traced to the illusion they hold of being elite, and they are elite because we haven't told them they aren't. Until we do, this stuff will never end.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well, or you could ignore him to try to quite the whole affair.

Why invite press if you have an opponent who might, even if the bike isn't there, point at some gardening device and claim "AND THAT HE STOLE, TOO!".

I think the Dems are not in the mood to give the Reps anything to poke around at.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Why invite press if you have an opponent who might, even if the bike isn't there, point at some gardening device and claim "AND THAT HE STOLE, TOO!".

I think the Dems are not in the mood to give the Reps anything to poke around at.

Thanks for the attempt...but that really doesn't answer the question. If you are 100% right...fact...truth. You should help them fail. But then again, your example about the gardening device kinda implies the Dems may be afraid the Republicans would find other lies, crimes, etc.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
edited :/
edit on 9-5-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Thanks for the attempt...but that really doesn't answer the question. If you are 100% right...fact...truth. You should help them fail. But then again, your example about the gardening device kinda implies the Dems may be afraid the Republicans would find other lies, crimes, etc.

You know what...SERIOUSLY...I'm wrong! You have provided a completely viable answer.

The Democrats could believe they are 100% accurate about Benghazi and the IRS but are too worried that other things they have done may be discovered. Congrats!!!

Thanks everyone...that was all I wanted to hear. Some answer that makes sense.

link   

originally posted by: catt3
This is a short reply. You know why, its not a waste of time and money. They are guilty of what is being investigated.

As for Benghazi, the talking heads on the right came out almost immediately after it happened, they were desperate for something to turn the election in there favor. It reminded me of the bush administration trying to make the evidence fit for the Iraq war. I wonder what would have happened if media and the democrats went after republican president bush after 9/11, but the anthrax attacks kinda nipped that in the bud.

I think the irs has always been used by both sides so it nothing new under the sun to me.
edit on 9-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Umm...dude...I already got a viable answer and your response is nothing but an deflection. You could at least have tried to answer my question.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

[H]is voice rising in anger and his face darkening to red, he went through the list of investigations that conservatives have pursued to frustratingly inconclusive ends over the last several years.

“When is the administration going to tell the American people the truth? They’ve not told the truth about Benghazi, they’ve not told the truth about the I.R.S., they’ve not told the truth about Fast and Furious.”

The MSNBC explained it to the public:

Republicans are just throwing garbage against the wall – any garbage they can come up with – in the hopes that something, anything, sticks.
Watching this unfold in real time reinforces an unsettling truth: the only legitimate scandal on display on Capitol Hill right now is how Republicans are conducting themselves.

Scandal envy is an ugly thing

So why has the political conversation turned to old, discredited “controversies”? As we talked about on Monday, the combination of great “Obamacare” news, dropping unemployment, and GOP frustration over the lack of legitimate White House scandals have created a toxic cocktail.

House GOP isn’t investigating a scandal; it’s causing one

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Mods...I asked as question in my original post and received a viable answer. Can we close this thread? I don't want to just start another on-going argument.
edit on 5/9/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire

Umm...dude...I already got a viable answer and your response is nothing but an deflection. You could at least have tried to answer my question.

The democrats don't need to do anything, really you can't fix stupid and things like this are stupid:

Oklahoma cities and towns are banned from raising the local minimum wage under a new state law.

Gov. Mary Fallin signed the measure Monday. The new law also bars localities from requiring that employees receive a certain number of sick or vacation days, either paid or unpaid.

CNN MONEY

Then the fear mongering about the fiscal cliff then what do they do they drive us right over the cliff. Then they fear monger about government shutdown over obamacare then boom they shutdown the government.

The biggest thing is putting all there eggs into one basket the dreaded "obamacare" as time goes on I expect this to not win any elections anytime soon despite the millions being spent on ad campaigns.

edit on 9-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Or.... We the people could remind our government that they took an oath of office and not an oath of party and that this country is way to complex for political parties that there way is the only way.

If I have a property dispute with my neighbor I talk to him to find common ground to resolve it.

I don't shut down the block we both live on in order to force him to support only my side.

I wish those in the political realm would understand that concept. I do NOT ever want to see a single party political environment. While our political system was designed in such a manner as to allow the minority position be heard, what we have here now is one never-ending episode of HeeHaw.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Personally, is it worth the money that the taxpayers will have to pay?
In the end all that will happen is more Republicans will get richer from campaign donations dancing to their masters.

History will tell.
But at the end of it all, the losers will be the american taxpayer.
Maybe not this year, but soon in the future, these expensive committees with no results, there will be a political price to pay. I look forward to that day. Like their trickle down economics and nation building policies failed.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

But that's the thing, if the Democrats were to put in all of their effort to help with finding out the truth of these scandals, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. There's no way that they can come out of this without smelling like stink. So might as well do what they're good at...deny and obfuscate.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Democrats wont let the republicans fail for the same reason the repubs wont let the dems fail: They are all owned by the same people.

I would have thought this would be obvious by now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: beezzer

OK...an example. Your neighbor accuses you of stealing his bike. He KNOWS its in your garage but he has no right to enter your garage. Wouldn't you open your garage and invite the media and everyone to watch as you prove him wrong? Unless, of course, the bike is there?

Well, I could do that. . . . or go on the media and call my neighbor a racist for accusing me of stealing his bike-. . . wait, what?

Hahaha!!

I want to star you a hundred times! That's awesome

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

OK...an example. Your neighbor accuses you of stealing his bike. He KNOWS its in your garage but he has no right to enter your garage. Wouldn't you open your garage and invite the media and everyone to watch as you prove him wrong? Unless, of course, the bike is there?

No I wouldn't open my garage nor would I invite the media either. I'd tell my neighbor to go diddle himself, because I know he is wrong and have no particular need to prove anything to anyone. There is no substantive reason for the Democrats to go along any further with the Republican agenda whatsoever at this point. After watching the circus they were the last time, it became entirely clear that there was no interest in finding what went wrong and implementing changes to ensure they didn't happen again. It became very clear it is all about slashing and burning their way to electoral victory whether the scandal be real or imagined.

Right now the Republican party scares the crap out of me.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i understand that the Libyan director of intelligence
was assassinated a couple of days ago. right after
Trey Gowdy was appointed to lead the investigation into Benghazi.

one of those things that make you go huhhhhhh!!!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

I'll take second gunman on the grassy knoll for $800 Alex.

An Ambassador dead, security staff dead, a general is relieved and retired, Hillary says its not big deal...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Once again, Secretary Clinton's ACTUAL quote:

With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think she misspoke when she said :

It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.

I think what she meant was -
It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever being in the media again, and to blame those who dies, Senator.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join