It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US voices 'concerns' at sale of French warships to Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KarmaComa
a reply to: JohnTheSmith

Thanks for the update JohnTheSmith...
Unfortunately humour is very rarely working in forums, as we can only read your words, we cannot see your smile, or another hint pointing to your humour...

a reply to: KarmaComa

I won't hide behind the "It was only a joke" veil. Only part of my first post was said in jest. My anger got the best of me. It's rare, but it happens. So, I'm still sorry for my blatant disrespect of a people and a culture I enjoy. BTW I'm 1/4 French myself.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The French are selling weapons to just anybody again? Wait...I'm supposed to have a shocked face, right?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: namehere
why don't people get that russia is our real enemy and has been since 1912

Current proof please?... REAL PROOF that they are your enemies... not some national MSM national source please.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

LMAO

Are you for real?

What about the Cold War?

What about WWII and prior to that even?

Or was it all just a big joke?

What about the soviets and Russians funding and selling weapons to every enemy the west has?

My word are you really trying to deny reality and history?

Please for your own benefit do some research and brush up on your history instead of conspiracy and fantasy

I am for real.

What I meant was instead of getting all stroppy dictating to people to do research, I quote YOU here "Amazing how wild claims with absolutely no research or clue behind them end up being a anti US hate thread"

The original post was written using viable and as up to date as possible links that I could find in a short time in order to give everyone a perspective of what is going on right now.

What I was meaning to say to you was instead of opting for a fairly agressive stance in your 1st post on page 2 of this thread why didn't you also post some researched information and links too? But were you just deciding that it was have a bash day... (turning into days now) at somone who has another outlook on events which is different from yours?

Hope you had fun getting your intellectual hard on in trying to make me out as a complete dickhead?

You know, here on ATS it's pretty easy to have an intelligent and mature conversation/debate with people without having an agressive attitude towards each other... but never mind, if you feel that way inclined, then that is your opinion and does not affect me in any way.

Have a nice day/afternoon/evening

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
a reply to: neformore

The German's were technologically advanced, far further than most of the Europian nations. I know all about Blitzkrieg. I was just really angry at the French for obvious reasons, you know, like selling Warships to an upcoming enemy of the EU and NATO??

In response to KarmaComa, SoapusMaximus, Kram09 and DukeofJive696969: My initial 'hit piece' i did on the french on the first page at around 4 in the morning before I went to work was not sarcastic, but it was a joke. I don't hate french people. As I've posted over 3x since then, I completely withdrew from my bad attempt at humor of the french.

I even changed my title to Ignorant Bigot to remind me that those kinds of jokes aren't very funny.

Apologies for being a little late back to this thread as I am currently on the road.

Thanks for clearing that up John, and as mentioned by another poster, sometimes typed words do not come out as they do in your brain.

Sadly that is the reason why I was also a little harsh in responding back to you as it seems that there are more and more agressive people here on ATS and your initial post came across as quite hostile.

All is fair and square with me.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just which news source should we believe...?

Well, apparently this is the reason why the US voiced concern :

The lucrative deal has been heavily criticised by several US lawsmakers, who feared that the Mistral-class warships delivered to the Russians would include the highly-prized NATO communication and weapons systems.

However, the French shipbuilder has since confirmed that the communication system would be fitted “only if the Russian navy receives NATO approval”.

“This deal doesn’t involve any transfer of sensitive technology. Also, France sells the helicopter carrier, but it doesn’t sell the helicopters that go with it”, said Migault.

The arms industry expert also believes that the delivery of these two helicopter carriers would not significantly further tip the balance of power in the Black Sea for the Russians.

The “Vladivostok”, whose delivery to the Russian navy is set for the last quarter of 2014, is to join Moscow’s Pacific fleet. Its sister ship “Sevastopol”, still under construction, is named after the Crimean strategic harbour at the centre of the current Ukrainian crisis.

More here : www.france24.com...

Got this from France24 who are fairly neutral and don't tend to take all political banter as the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

The lawmakers are making noise so they can look good for their constituents, and get reelected. Whether they care or not they're going to say they do, so then they can say they opposed the "evil Russian empire" and look good to all their constituents who are still afraid of the Red Menace.

Personally I'll take Frances word over some politician who is doing their damndest to get reelected and stay in office.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Rodinus

The lawmakers are making noise so they can look good for their constituents, and get reelected. Whether they care or not they're going to say they do, so then they can say they opposed the "evil Russian empire" and look good to all their constituents who are still afraid of the Red Menace.

Personally I'll take Frances word over some politician who is doing their damndest to get reelected and stay in office.

Yes... and probably the same corrupted scum that will think nothing of making up some lie in order to send troops to be killed and maimed and will think nothing of the innocents that may be killed or maimed too..... Oooo Dèja vu non?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join