It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about time - 100% compostable, plant based disposable 'plastic' bags, cups, plates and spoon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Biigs
i dont see the big deal here.

Who cares whats what made from its about responsible waste management and recycling, make then out of metal as long as you recirc it who the # cares?

Could make it out of golden panda # for all i care as long as it gets recycled.

Recycling most materials is very polluting and energy intensive.
listverse.com...

Great article.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think one of the goals for humans should be that our living systems blend in with nature, the same way fallen leaves blend in with the soil.

Our feelings of aversion and disgust will not go away until this is the case.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For those who smoke, you'll understad this. Why can't they make a refillable lighter that actually works? The only good one is a Zippo and inhaing the fuel is noxious. Can't do it.

Out of all the others, that leaves Bic as the only on that works. So there are probably billions of those in landfills. I don't have any clue as to what, if anything, can be done about that but it's one of those things I often wonder about and feel a bit guilty, as I've used my share of disposable lighters over the years.

Disposable is a ugly word.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bio-degradable shopping bags are a great idea.

One downside though. One of the stores where I live rolled these out a couple of years ago. So I purchased some things and put one item, sill in the bag, in a dresser. A couple of months later, I opened my dresser and found the bag had disintegrated into hundreds of pieces.

Not a big deal, I just vacuumed it up, but something you should be aware of. It hasn't happened since, I hope they didn't get rid of the bio-degradable bags, but just gave them a little longer shelf-life.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Seems pretty cool, definitely things we humans need to start looking into.

I work at a supermarket, it's fairly small but not too small, and I cringe at people who want me to put one or two items into a plastic bag for them.

And it's opened my eyes at just how much cardboard, styrofoam, and plastic we use on a daily basis. As I said, this store is pretty big, but sort of small at the same time, and when I think about all the other stores out there doing this simultaneously it kind of bums me out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join