It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

There are a lot of trolls, believe it or not. This site, with some of the posts I've seen over the years, has got to have a fairly high percentage of them.

Im not sure how much you know of trolling, but 750 people trolling? are you serious? Major trolling website like 4chan cant even get 750 to troll on the same item in 2-3 days.

You think a website like ATS, who is very anti-trolling, magically got 750 of its people to troll for no reason? heck look at the topic, is it even worth trolling?

750 people coming together to purposely picking one answer for a poll such as this is not even worth it.

This is not a troll.

All i see is excuses flying to cover such ignorance.

edit: only other option i would slightly believe is, if Mod comes out and says there is a glitch with the poll that magically affected the american users, then again, i would take that answer with very high skepticism.
edit on 5/9/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

There are a lot of trolls, believe it or not. This site, with some of the posts I've seen over the years, has got to have a fairly high percentage of them.

Im not sure how much you know of trolling, but 750 people trolling? are you serious? Major trolling website like 4chan cant even get 750 to troll on the same item in 2-3 days.

You think a website like ATS, who is very anti-trolling, magically got 750 of its people to troll for no reason? heck look at the topic, is it even worth trolling?

Even worth trolling? Does anyone really understand the mind of a troller? Hell, I'm not much into trolling myself, unless I'm playing video games with my friends and we want to piss someone off for the hell of it, but I haven't touched a controller in over 4 months.

That being said, the topic of the poll was hilarious. Hell, I might even have picked aliens or something just because it was funny. Honestly, in retrospect, the not knowing about it answer was even funnier, considering it was all over everything, especially this site.

And as to why no other countries did that, well, who knows, maybe they don't have the same sense of humor we do over here.

Oh, and btw, yes, 4chan could easily get 750 people to troll together, and this site has some of the most insane members, posting some of the most unbelievable nonsense, it literally HAS to be trolling. I've argued with people over the moon landing a couple times and they just dismiss tons of clear PROOF, for the most outrageous claims. They really can't be that stupid. They have to be trolling for giggles. That's just one topic, of hundreds if not thousands of insane topics that shouldn't even need to be discussed. So yeah, I'd say you have a fair amount of trollers on this site. Either that, or you have whole hell of a lot of retarded members. For the sake of my sanity, I like to think they're just trolling.

originally posted by: ThreadDrifter

The amount of Americans participating is not relevant in this case because we are talking about percentages.

You do understand the concept?

I understand the concept quite well. Do you? What is even your point?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You obviously don't because if you did you wouldn't be asking me what even my point is and you wouldn't have made your previous comments.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Apparently the people of the U.S. gravitate towards sarcasm. We are so sick of the news on MSM that we can't help but laugh!

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I see three answers to this.

1. Someone's playing a joke on us.

2. Some agency is trying to sow discord among us.

3. History is repeating itself and it's the 1930's again.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
It has to be that 26% of americans are total pricks and had to make fun of the poll.
It was all over the news, how could you not know about it

Exactly!

All right, 1st off, I voted seriously. I voted for not knowing what happened to it ever.

But when I saw that option, I almost picked it because my immediate response upon reading it was "OMG! You have got to be kidding me! That's an option? How could anyone NOT know about this? Even my two completely uninformed office mates know about this; it's all they can talk about. I can't even not know about this plane at the office where I can not know about everything!" /rant

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Sorry but this shows, to me, that there is a flaw in the polling. I won't except that so many people haven't heard of the missing flight here in the US. It was either manipulated or two of the results are flipped.

When I first noticed the poll I clicked on view results and that category was like 2%. I noticed it and chuckled at the time, now it's not funny.

The results are skewed, but really what poll isn't?

THIS.

I remember stating in the poll thread that I was surprised that a few members or guests had never heard of MH370.

Either it's a flaw somewhere or guests/members choosing that option in the sense that they're fed up of hearing of the missing plane and voted that they never heard of it, in jest.

Cause if really 26% of Americans (on ATS) have never heard of that flight, well... I don't know what to say to that...

edit on 5 9 2014 by SonoftheSun because: Have added (on ATS) in the percentage mark in order to NOT be burned alive at the stake...lol

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Welp. I guess that just says it all for the U.S.

Unbelievable.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"SELECTIVE PERCEPTION"

has been experimentally demonstrated to be a VERY POWERFUL FORCE, PHENOMENON.

The human organism is QUITE CAPABLE of blocking out long lists of things too unpleasant to deal with.

Most husbands and wives can tell several stories of such a phenomenon.

It's just not THAT surprising to me that the story would be not seen, ignored, blocked out . . . to the point that . . . for a SURPRISING NUMBER of ATSers, it may as well not have happened.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wondered, if true voting, some people used the 'not heard' entry as a non of the above type of vote.

Any one who voted that choice care to chime in?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Welp. I guess that just says it all for the U.S.

Could be.
I'm not sure the members of ATS are exactly a representative sample though.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i find it hard to believe that 26% of americans who took the poll haven't heard of the plane. i think there is an explanation outside of that.

it could be that the wording caused the issue; news in america has referred to the missing plane as "malaysian airlines" and not by it's number.

there could be a software glitch, maybe someone could compare poll participants by country to the average ATS demographic to see if there is a statistically significant deviation? if americans are so uninformed, why would they make up the vast majority of ATS members who participated? uninformed people are less likely to visit ATS, let alone participate in a poll.

i find trolling to be a very unlikely cause.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThreadDrifter

You obviously don't because if you did you wouldn't be asking me what even my point is and you wouldn't have made your previous comments.

The concept of percentages is literally as simple as it gets. They teach it in like 2 grade. The problem lies in the fact you have no point. Whether it is 26% of the people who voted, or the total number of 750 (I'm told, I didn't check for myself, but the number doesn't matter, it's the point) who voted for it, does not matter. They are one in the same.

My point is 26% of people on here trolled (at least from the US), or at least a very large percentage of that number did, and therefore you have an inflated number voting for the hilarious "I didn't know" category. Like I said, I knew full well about it, and while I probably would have voted aliens or something, simply because the poll was a joke and that answer is hilarious, in hindsight the funnier answer was "I've never heard of it".

The very point of trolling is for you not to get it, and take it seriously. Therein lies the hilarity.
edit on 9-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I took my own poll today at work...100% knew about it when I phrased the question differently...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob Sholtz

it could be that the wording caused the issue; news in america has referred to the missing plane as "malaysian airlines" and not by it's number.

So they didn't link it to that story and they thought, "must be another flight that went missing recently that I actually didn't hear about."

if americans are so uninformed, why would they make up the vast majority of ATS members who participated? uninformed people are less likely to visit ATS, let alone participate in a poll.

Sigh, because there are hundreds of millions of them and the site is American based and oriented?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I will say this - When I see the number for the flight, I recognize it for what it is, but if you asked me to come up with it off the top of my head, I will struggle to do so. As others have pointed out, it was far more common for the US press to us Malaysian Air than it was for them to say MH370 in their coverage.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wondered, if true voting, some people used the 'not heard' entry as a non of the above type of vote.

Any one who voted that choice care to chime in?

Yes, I'd like to see anyone who voted *never heard of* to chime in here. There has been an absence of those voices responding to this thread. I think I may have seen one person so far, reply they voted that way.

I stand by belief there are not that many people on ATS, who've never heard of the missing plane, in the U.S. to make up that 26% indicated by the poll.

If by any realistic chance the poll is indicative of how out of touch my fellow Americans are. I am truly dismayed.

Des

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

My point is 26% of people on here trolled (at least from the US), or at least a very large percentage of that number did, and therefore you have an inflated number voting for the hilarious "I didn't know" category.

What inflated number? The extraordinairy thing here is that 26% of the Americans didn't know about it opposed to 1-2% of people from other countries. No one was arguing that the actual number of Americans that voted for it was higher. For you to even think that is idiotic.

And even then, for your argument to work, you would still have to explain why the percentage of people from other countries who voted for it, is extremely low.

Like I said, I knew full well about it, and while I probably would have voted aliens or something, simply because the poll was a joke and that answer is hilarious, in hindsight the funnier answer was "I've never heard of it".

So why wouldn't 26% of people from other countries think or do the same thing?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I will say this - When I see the number for the flight, I recognize it for what it is, but if you asked me to come up with it off the top of my head, I will struggle to do so. As others have pointed out, it was far more common for the US press to us Malaysian Air than it was for them to say MH370 in their coverage.

So those people did actually know about the plane but they thought the one in the poll was another one they hadn't heard about?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThreadDrifter

I don't know, and until someone who actually pulled the lever admits to it and explains what was up, no one will. I'm just saying that the US media didn't use the MH370 designation very often in their coverage.

I'm the closest thing you have right now. I admitted to almost doing it as a joke because I couldn't believe it was even an option.

edit on 9-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join