It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
The 26% never hearing about it might have to be taken with a grain of salt since the poll was only conducted here on ATS. One has to believe that all registered members of ATS did at least see the threads that were always at the top, even if they didn't participate in them. Maybe that response, on the part of some respondents, was sarcastic in nature. That I could believe from my fellow Americans

edit on 60025Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think there's probably more than a few that are paranoid about data collection and are engaging in protest by not answering honestly.

Or more likely, there's some people just trolling because that's what they do.

I doubt it very much... it would have to be an organised derail attempt for that to be true... as the other stats fall in line with the trend.. it's only the never heard of option that was skewed.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
lol all the other countries have almost the same results lol... except one.

lmao.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
It just reinforces what most of the international members already know about many of the American members on this site.

Seriously dude ... you are entitled to your anti-American bigotry but it's rather obvious that people trolled the poll. It's impossible for 1/3 of them to be on the internet and not have heard of the plane. You WANT this poll to be correct. Common sense says ... the poll results aren't possible.

edit on 5/9/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry but this shows, to me, that there is a flaw in the polling. I won't except that so many people haven't heard of the missing flight here in the US. It was either manipulated or two of the results are flipped.

When I first noticed the poll I clicked on view results and that category was like 2%. I noticed it and chuckled at the time, now it's not funny.

The results are skewed, but really what poll isn't?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It just reinforces what most of the international members already know about many of the American members on this site.
And people wonder why there's so much hatred, ignorance and bigotry on ATS?

WOW.

Sigh...right right...ya.

Its the Americans...they are the dumb ones in our societies.

Right. Stupid Americans...

MM

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Unbelievable..

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

`Quote from good old Sherlock.`

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Considering the majority(47%) ATS does not believe global warming, so not surprised it is the Americans portraying so much ignorance of anything(MA flight) outside their own country .

Cant wait for Global warming thread to be tallied by countries!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

And people wonder why there's so much hatred, ignorance and bigotry on ATS?

WOW.

Sigh...right right...ya.

Its the Americans...they are the dumb ones in our societies.

Right. Stupid Americans...

MM

For all those that keep saying oh it's a error etc.... If it was an error then why just on the American vote??

Also...

If you think it is a protest or troll vote... why only the Americans???

Korg.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

If you think it is a protest or troll vote... why only the Americans???

Excuse to justify ignorance.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
For all those that keep saying oh it's a error etc.... If it was an error then why just on the American vote??

Because it's mostly Americans who come here so it'll be mostly Americans who are screwing around on the poll.

Comeon people ... it's obvious ... it's impossible to be on the internet and not to have seen the information that the plane went down.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Excuse to justify ignorance.

Excuse to justify bigotry.

Really dude? You really think it's logical that a person on the internet couldn't have seen anything about the missing plane let alone 1/3 of them? Yeah ... sure. *major eye roll* Common sense .. people screwed with the poll. There were even calls on this site by people to screw with them.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

INDEED.

Nice to know that someone sees that point . . . the odds are that idiosyncratic aberrations got averaged out.

As to such a shocking percentage being essentially oblivious . . . uhhhh . . . have y'all been paying attention to those you see and work with and shop with every day? Ever been to Walmart?

Ever asked a roomful of students a simple question?

Ever noticed how many folks TUNE OUT . . . how much of REALITY?

I'm very skeptical that the votes were deliberately joked with. Not with that many people--not in a CONSISTENT way.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hmmm so majority of the Americans on ATS are just trolls? While all the other countries seems to be synchronized in their results?

Come on, it takes more faith to believe over 1000s(out of 5000) 750(out of 3000)of ATS Americans trolled.

So its either people were ignorance of such issue or 25% of the ATS consists of just immature Americans.

Pick your poison.
edit on 5/9/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I guess we will have to ask who set up the poll and how they were able to differentiate the results per country.

Also you have to look at how many more voted in the US compared to the UK and AUS. There was more than triple the amount from the US that voted compared to the other two. This isn't a fair comparison.
edit on 9-5-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
By my math, there were roughly 750 votes for 'never heard of it' from America. If you want to believe that people can get on the internet and never hear about the plane .... go right ahead. I think it's absurd. It was all over the news; it was all over the internet; and it was ALL OVER ATS FOR WEEKS before this poll. Obviously anyone coming here has heard of it.

The poll was Rick Rolled.

But go ahead believe the worst about the USA.
I know it's what you'd rather do anyways.

whatever.

edit on 5/9/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If true that explains a lot. If a quarter of the population is that oblivious to news and events, we're effed!

I've seen some of these street polls videos where people are asked simple questions.. often the answers are hilariously ignorant.... People can't be that ignorant can they?

Shocking indeed.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I think it's sarcasm.
But I guess anything is possible....

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

My only guess is that it might be because American media likes to sensationalize their headlines and long alphanumeric naming conventions may be used less so... maybe Americans mostly only saw "Missing Malaysian Flight" pasted all over instead of the flight name.

Beyond that, the only thing I can think of is that we do have a pretty good sense of humor. Still, it's pretty odd.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

That's probably most of the explanation.

Some of it may be people deliberately skewing the results, as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join