It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I know you've double-triple-checked the data, but that can't be right. The deviation is too vast for it to be accurate, agreed?

Also, I've noticed as recently as today that I can vote multiple times in the polls with Chrome, and confirmed that the multiple votes indeed affect the tally. Could that be responsible? Other than that, there's no explanation for the anomaly.

Baffled.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trexter Ziam
Looks like I'll be trading my American gas-guzzler pick 'em up, 10 gallon hat, horses, oilwells, ranches, hot dogs and apple pie for a kangaroo!

SIR! I am not for sale or trade!!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I admit, I laughed at the 26%, it fits the bias towards americans being uneducated and self-centered and only-US-interested people

Just curious, but what about the results from the rest of the world? there are some 600 votes missing

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would say 26% of Americans don't watch MSM or the more likely Americans have a bent sense of humor.
edit on 9-5-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

That's it! Wrabbit, you're a true genius!

Iguanas hijacked a plane that 27% of Americans have never heard of

Those darned pesky reptilians

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My bet is people voted that they didn't know about it, almost out of sarcasm. I do know 1 person in real life who didn't know about it, and when I tried to tell him the mystery he said "I don't watch the news." just cut me off, said that like he didn't want to know about it. Maybe that isn't so uncommon. I know I don't watch the news, often at least. Maybe if I read something on here I will flip it to whatever channel to see the new updates without scrolling through pages on script.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Only thing I can think of is that folks didn't equate MH with “Malaysian Air”.

I've caught myself calling it "MA370" a few times already. I think it's people trying to be funny, or sick of hearing about this. I know I'm annoyed as heck that "nobody" knows what happened to the plane.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think it would have been interesting to have a category of "I don't give a damn."

You may find a lot of "I have never heard of it" ending up as I don't give a damn.

I am not saying that Skeptic does not have the skill set but as one who used to create polls it is always a nice choice to put in. Of course, when I was doing this ... way back ... the idea was to get honest results to make decisions on .... and these days it is very hard to find a poll that does not lead one by the nose.

It may show US centric views in the US population .... which would be sad.

P

edit on 9/5/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

GTFOH! SO's jerk'n our chain! He has to be!
Right?

Holy!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

EH!

What are Americans doing that 26% of them have never heard of this flight.

It's mind boggling!

Shocked!!!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Even though I sometimes like to throw shade on you guys (just for the fun of it) this would be too easy.
I'm certain those are mostly troll votes, people who thought it would be funny and such.

Let's ban them

edit on 9-5-2014 by Exitt because: .

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt
Even though I sometimes like to throw shade on you guys (just for the fun of it) this would be just too easy.
I'm certain those are mostly troll votes, people who thought it would be funny and such.

Let's ban them

yea your right...
It must be Russian shills.. playing games.

If the data provided identifies the Shills
then the hammer should fall on them.

May God have mercy on their soul!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
To Skeptic Overlord. Don't take offense to the results. I think most of the 26 % Americans voted out of spite. It was akin to spoiling an election ballot if one is disenchanted with the options/candidates.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I don't think this result is surprising at all.

It is a well known fact that a lot of Americans often are so rapped up in America that they are simply blind to global issues.

Peace,

Korg.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

These are results for people on ATS, they are obviously curious people. To me it's certainly a glitch.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
i cant watch 2 minutes of news without seeing russia, afgan or ukraine blab constantly.

This flight has been buried pretty much.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It has to be that 26% of americans are total pricks and had to make fun of the poll.
It was all over the news, how could you not know about it

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This highlights the astonishing ignorance of many American people. Many Americans still consider their nation to be king of the world and are uninterested in the world at large outside of the US & Canada.

It is a big problem which I believe is a reason behind many foreign policy mistakes of the US, a general ignorance of things which are not American. You simply do not find that level or scope of ignorance in Europe, or the other Anglo sphere nations. The Americans need to wake up and realise that even though the US is a huge and interesting place, there exists a whole world of far less homogeneous culture outside their borders. I personally believe that in the British Isles we have more cultural diversity than the US, and this is great because it drives peoples awareness of the WORLD.

Americans who realise you are PART OF, not THE WHOLE world need educate your fellow citizens, please. Your country is the home of many great and inspiring people, but also the home of the most ignorant and uncivilized people in the whole western world. Many Americans give westerners an awful name.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

Many Americans give westerners an awful name.

Yes and many americans are westerners themselves.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

How do know the data is valid? how can you be sure that every vote that was cast, was serious vote? How can you be sure that many respondents did not vote in accordance with what they actually thought?n How do you know many people did'nt just think it a toungue-in-cheek poll and voted accordingly.

How do you know respondents didn't just cast a 'take the p...... out of em' vote?

Many people like me may have cast a deliberately inaccurate vote as a protest at having a floating advert in front you when you went to open a thread only to find that you had to vote and had to keep voting. Its not like you vote once and the floating advert disappears.

I don't thing there is any real integrity in these so call 'polls' at all, specially when you have a floating advert covering most of the screen and you click something in it in an attempt to get it to go away.
edit on 9-5-2014 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join