It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: stargatetravels
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

It just reinforces what most of the international members already know about many of the American members on this site.
And people wonder why there's so much hatred, ignorance and bigotry on ATS?

WOW.

Sigh...right right...ya.

Its the Americans...they are the dumb ones in our societies.

Right. Stupid Americans...

MM

For all those that keep saying oh it's a error etc.... If it was an error then why just on the American vote??

Also...

If you think it is a protest or troll vote... why only the Americans???

Korg.

I think you misunderstand my post. Its not that I think its a troll vote or a mistake. I think a missing plane is not important enough to judge stupidity of any populace. Or the superior intellect of any other.

The very countries that call "Americans" dumb as a whole are just as stupid and enslaved as the rest. In most countries- even more so, with a populace just as brainwashed and lost as my little American dystopia.

My point is...using this poll to bash American stupidity is hilarious when coming from countries stocked with people just as stupid as Americans.

MM

I'm not bashing anyone or stating that I think Americans are stupid....

My point is that the vote results are not surprising given that Americans are very encased within America... and as such issues in the wider world are often totally overlooked.

So this has nothing to do with Intelligence and has everything to do with knowledge necessities.

An example would be... do you know how to disassemble and reassemble a standard Carbine? Or even know without google'in what it is?

O.k. you might know what it is, but unless you were in the army the necessity to know how to disassemble and reassemble it would be zero.... This is true of the self contained nature of the American Culture when addressing issues beyond the immediate influence of America ...

I might also that a great deal of Americans don't even know what it's like outside their own state, let alone what's going on in the Pacific Rim.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 12-5-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

It just reinforces what most of the international members already know about many of the American members on this site.

WOW.

Sigh...right right...ya.

MM

For all those that keep saying oh it's a error etc.... If it was an error then why just on the American vote??

Also...

Korg.

I think you misunderstand my post. Its not that I think its a troll vote or a mistake. I think a missing plane is not important enough to judge stupidity of any populace. Or the superior intellect of any other.

The very countries that call "Americans" dumb as a whole are just as stupid and enslaved as the rest. In most countries- even more so, with a populace just as brainwashed and lost as my little American dystopia.

My point is...using this poll to bash American stupidity is hilarious when coming from countries stocked with people just as stupid as Americans.

MM

My point is that the vote results are not surprising given that Americans are very encased within America... and as such issues in the wider world are often totally overlooked.

So this has nothing to do with Intelligence and has everything to do with knowledge necessities.

An example would be... do you know how to disassemble and reassemble a standard Carbine? Or even know without google'in what it is?

O.k. you might know what it is, but unless you were in the army the necessity to know how to disassemble and reassemble it would be zero.... This is true of the self contained nature of the American Culture when addressing issues beyond the immediate influence of America ...

I might also that a great deal of Americans don't even know what it's like outside their own state, let alone what's going on in the Pacific Rim.

Peace,

Korg.

What you are talking about is a symptom of human nature sir. Not "American nature". I 100% assure you that the populace of any country only knows what is around them unless they seek information abroad. And most humans usually only know what is pumped into their minds by a propaganda system.

Not always. Some individuals seek all forms of knowledge. But every country is FILLED with bumbling idiots who only know what they are programed to know.

MM

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

WOW.

Sigh...right right...ya.

MM

Also...

Korg.

MM

Peace,

Korg.

What you are talking about is a symptom of human nature sir. Not "American nature". I 100% assure you that the populace of any country only knows what is around them unless they seek information abroad. And most humans usually only know what is pumped into their minds by a propaganda system.

Not always. Some individuals seek all forms of knowledge. But every country is FILLED with bumbling idiots who only know what they are programed to know.

MM

As I said I am not accusing Americans of being bumbling idiots, or though I'm sure there are plenty of them. And I agree it is human nature but only in so much as it is human nature to respond in such a way when embedded within the American Culture itself.

I think the American Culture blinkers it's populace to only what they are focusing on within their own life's radius, blocking out all knowledge that is deemed irrelevant to the persons life.

If we could only have made available the actual data the poll generated we would be able to make some sensible analysis of the so called surprise result.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

MM

ABSOLUTELY, INDEED.

I know that in one Provincial capital . . . in Asia . . . there were 70-80+ year old folks who had NEVER been outside their NEIGHBORHOOD. I forget how many million souls lived in that capital.

Of course . . . gossip is also, somewhat curiously, the most trusted communication, news channel in many neighborhoods and regions. Certainly they don't tend to trust the State ran media . . . nor the VOA . . . nor even the BBC.

The saying that all politics is local politics is also plenty true.

Individuals are quite ego-centric . . . family-centric, neighborhood-centric, town-centric . . . first and foremost.

AND WHEN the onslaughts of dangerous, frightful etc. stimuli from a wide diversity of serious sources reach sufficient numbers and proportions . . . the organism begins to cut back on what is attended to; if not retreat into a fetal ball in the corner wholesale.

I think people are still very much minimizing to ignoring the powerful factor that SELECTIVE PERCEPTION IS. IT INCLUDES THE CAPACITY to read the MOST RECENT or front page listings of topics on ATS and consciously LITERALLY NOT SEE whatever types of things have become too uncomfortable and tooooo disturbing to see. Such a phenomenon HAS been experimentally verified.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been suggested yet but; could we not compare by percentages the nationalities of pollees in relation to ATS members? In other words, do ATS members from the US outnumber UK members 5:1, Canadians 10:1 and Aussies 14:1? If not, that could suggest multiple votes by one or two individuals. But, if the poll percentages are indeed an accurate representation of total ATS members, well.....

edit on 5/14/2014 by Firewater because: ?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

That would certainly be interesting.

I keep hoping that S.O. will weigh in again on such issues.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater
I don't think you've quite grasped the concept of percentage.

Whilst I'm here, I've read many posts from our American chums suggesting that the 26% outcome for USA in this poll was down to Americans deliberately skewing the results with "spoiler" replies.

Statistically this would mean that Americans are 13 times more likely to spoil a poll than Brits and 26 times more likely to do so than Canadians and Australians.

Now what would that say about the relative mind-sets of each of the nationalities?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I think SO is still huddled in the corner face-palming.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
One thing that troubles me is the pings. All detected in the same area but not one scrap of debris or any oil sheen/slick from fuel etc. Is it possible that those pings were intentionally generated by devices dropped there in order to focus the search away from where the REAL activity was going on. If, as has been speculated, the plane was diverted and landed somewhere for later use, perhaps the perpetrators set that up to draw the search effort away for their actual location.

edit on 14-5-2014 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

Welllllll, That's a LOT better than sucking his thumb or muttering incoherently.

I do hope he comes on and shares before long.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Ah, these days, truth is stranger than fiction ever wanted to be!

That this is possible "out there" -away from ATS - I can imagine, but here? Since this happened, I have seen the stories on the main page. I keep hoping some people were just joking.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thanks for your kind reply.

I understand your perspective .

HOWEVER . . . by what "magic" have ATSer's become

IMMUNE to the hazards of SELECTIVE PERCEPTION?

I've said that sort of thing repeatedly on this thread but few to none seem to appreciate the SCIENTIFIC REALITIES involved.

SELECTIVE PERCEPTION involves--for whatever reasons it is generated--the ACTUAL MIS-PERCEIVING OF REALITY.

It is MORE THAN PLAUSIBLE that folks

for whom

CHRONIC DISTRESSING NEWS has or has nearly pushed them over the edge--begin to block out major chunks of certain types of input--to NOT EVEN REGISTER THAT KIND OF INPUT ON THEIR SENSES.

I don't know what all is going on with this poll. But SELECTIVE PERCEPTION HAS to be a part of the mix of things influencing the results.

I do know that increasing numbers of Americans are about full up with distressing news. Increasing numbers are blocking it out--avoiding the news altogether.

It is more than plausible that even on ATS there are many thousands who find certain topics for entertainment and studiously avoid other topics--FOR THEIR OWN PEACE, SANITY AND SLEEP AT NIGHT.

I don't understand what is so difficult about such a concept.

There is the issue of why would that be so much worse for Americans than others.

Welllllllllll . . . I'd say because of America's unique history, culture, gestalt, set of memes etc.

Americans are being drug, kicking and screaming, into a complicated awareness of horrific factors in modern life . . . that most other Nations have had varying degrees of for centuries.

Most other nations have long mistrusted and hated TPTB in their various incarnations.

Americans were brought up respecting greatly their founding documents and thereby their government. Now, increasing numbers realize that trust was trashed to extremely evil degrees long ago. That's a mind-numbing fact that most Americans would RATHER deny and push out of their consciousness.

Many Americans are increasingly realizing that the ROT goes foundationally deep AND IT INVOLVES ALL THE MAJOR INSTITUTIONS IN THE CULTURE.

That fosters a bewildered feeling of hopelessness for any American who thinks about it longer than a few microseconds. THAT'S EXTREMELY DISTRESSING to a point of hopelessness. JUST TO COPE and live another day, millions distort reality by blocking out major portions and PRETENDING that those inputs and realities simply do not exist.

My own 90+ year old Dad did that--evidently for those reasons. He simply would NOT ALLOW any evidence to exist as remotely valid in his eyes. He just defined it out of existence as to it having any weight or validity or even existence at all.

Part of me wonders if S.O.'s seeming reluctance to return to this thread and discuss his own perspective on the shocking revelation in the results . . . has something to do with HIS OWN SHOCK at how serious such a type of denial is among the American Populace--even on ATS.

All of us like to think of ourselves and our fellow ATSers as greatly more AWARE, enlightened, informed, perceptive, discerning etc. than the average bear. The results on this thread jangle that conviction too seriously for comfort.

I don't pretend to exhaustively understand the results in toto--or even near so. I just know that SELECTIVE PERCEPTION and denial HAVE to play a big part in the results observed.

Glib, stereotypical, shallow, simple explanations of the results are not likely to be true or accurate.

Life is very complex. The responses of large numbers of people to said life are also very complex.

There may be some simple principles, truths, factors in the vast array of life's components. But as a whole, the entire mix is VERY COMPLEX. And simplistic answers just don't wash very thoroughly nor for very long.

edit on 15/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: grammar/tense

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm intersted, and my whatever deity you choose to believe in have mercy on my soul (should it exist) but....

Why - as is apparrent - can't some people simply accept that the poll results are an actual reflection, and that a large portion of US posters simply hadn't heard of this?

Its not like not knowing about it is a crime.

I see such fierce debate, some outright denial and so much passion over what is - ultimately - a trivial matter.
edit on 15/5/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You know, I hadn't considered that, but it's very plausible. Very likely, in fact. I have gone through time periods when I avoided the news, because it's almost never good. I know other people that have claimed they would "stop watching" because of one really bad story after another. So, you might have hit on the cause of this, a "selective blindness" to bad news.

It's always good reading your posts, because you put such thought into them.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words.

That's just the most plausible considering all the known factors . . . to me.

We have an enormous capacity to block out what is too frightful or uncomfortable.

That's a pretty merciful capacity for abused children--though it's costly in the long run.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Very true. For this to be that strong, though, one has to wonder how else our minds can be fooled. How else, more specifically, they can be manipulated to be fooled.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Wellllllll, the oligarchy has been working very skillfully pushing the limits on THOSE issues and factors . . . for more than 60 years.

Certainly since 1915-1917 when they bought out the leading newspapers and began twisting the news to their strategies and goals.

In the process they have turned our founding values on their head; shredded manhood and masculinity along with fatherhood and the family; shredded the Judeo/Christdian ethos, culture, values . . . etc. etc. etc.

. . . and . . . they have exalted the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM while trashing the spirituality of Christianity into nothing or a hollow RELIGION.

All that has ALSO led millions of folks to TUNE OUT disturbing information--all the more--because their old foundational securities have been pulled out from under them without their even paying much attention to the process.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I believe the result is accurate. As an American, I've been watching this phenomenon of non-interest in current events for some time now. It seems to have started with my generation, the GenXers.

By contrast, my parents generation were what's called baby boomers and lived through the Civil rights movement, Vietnam, Watergate, and were the children of those who fought WW2. They always seemed to have a perception of their place in history, and while growing up I would often hear them comment on the news and politics of the day. Because of this, I developed an appreciation for history and current events.

But sometimes I think I was the only one. I never hear the so-called "water cooler conversations" at work anymore with regard to the news. What I hear instead is a lot of garbage. Case in point: I recently was in attending a training class with some female co-workers of mine, and was subjected to the conversation they were having. The subject matter was this: One of them had spotted another lady while shopping at the mall, and was shocked by the tacky way this woman wore her bra underneath her shirt. This conversation went on FOR TEN MINUTES.

Before we lecture our children to focus their efforts to toward achieving excellence in intellectual pursuits, we should first begin by setting a better example with our own behavior.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Very accurate assessment. It doesn't help that many now believe, as a result of all those practices, that some truths are "fairy tales", or the purview of the "weak-minded" or easily deluded. Values have to be taught, and when negative ones are pushed, things deteriorate at an exponential rate.

We are seeing this happening now, at an ever greater pace. Crime rates, the rise of violence among younger and younger people, immorality, and so forth.

Ah, but God is still in control, and we should not be dismayed at seeing His plans carried out, His prophecies revealed to us.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
And you think Americans who read ATS fit that theory? As people who dont care about or notice current issues? The readers/commenters of/on a co spiracy site???

a reply to: Flatwoods

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join