It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why are y'all still fighting? Is this really news.
Some Americans are dumb and ignorant? Woah - hold the front page!!
Get over it for Pete's sake.

If you needed a poll to tell You this then you're just as ignorant.
There is a reason that most of the world has the opinion it does of America.
Its not fair on the clued up, intelligent and worldly majority of US citizens.
But then a dumb, loud minority tainting a group of people isn't exactly exclusive to the US and her citizens is it?
edit on 10-5-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am not shocked by the results. As a (youngish) adult American I know very well that my peers and older adults in my demographic often show no interest in world events, or only look at what is happening in their local community. The notion of "world news" is foreign to many Americans. Educational standards are poor, and intelligence is often a stunning surprise to other people ... 'wow, you're really smart!' A lack of intelligence seems to be the thing people shoot for here. It's not shocking, but it is very, very sad.

So how many of those people that you're talking about are members of ATS? I doubt there are many. Yes, there are far too many Americans who lack a proper education and many more that don't see much beyond their boarders - heck, some don't ever leave the state they live in - but I would think anyone that logs onto ATS and does any amount of reading knows about MH370.

As for sarcasm and why someone would skew a poll, I don't know exactly why but, back when I used to get a lot of junk mail in my mailbox (the one out by the street), I would send back the "no postage required" cards without filling anything in just so the sender would have to pay for the stamp! When I get calls from corporate America or political groups and ask me to take a poll, I really enjoy giving BS answers. Why would I do that? Simply because I don't like someone trying to figure out how to make more money by adding me to a statistic so they can optimize one thing or another.

By the way, I'm foreign born but now a US citizen by choice

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's ok here in France the majority of people I know, think the plane, debis and blackbox have been found, as it just stopped being reported over a 24h period, from hours of news a day to a couple of minutes a day
edit on 10-5-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: brianporter

Hah. You made the claim. Typical.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I didn’t claim anything I stated the findings of a study and from your answer I’m inclined to believe their findings are accurate assuming you are a north American.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's quite shocking that 17% of ATS members and 26% of American members of ATS haven't heard of MH370! There has been numerous threads on that plane! What in the world! It's quite mind boggling actually.

If this had been a poll on the general American public, not just ATS members, that I could understand. Many Americans don't pay attention to anything that's going on in the world outside of their little bubble.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Who knows how honest those responses would be but at least we could subtract out from the 26% and see what was left.

I have no problem with saying how I voted... After watching the wild goose chase for days, I couldn't help but be convinced that probably it will become a modern day "Amelia Earhart". If the plane WERE to somehow resurface, my gut feeling is it will be so blatant that all bets are off and a planet-wide-war will flare up again.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If the purpose of this poll was to cause division and in-fighting as opposed to members opinions on what happened to mh370, then it would have succeeded admirably. I'm as lost as everyone else as to how this outcome came about. As for sarcastic jokey responses by Americans, I'm not buying it. I thought us Brits were the kings of sarcasm.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Very true, however the number of people in the US who are ignorant to a ridiculous level is worrying.

It is such a contradiction, so many incredibly smart people yet so many idiots.

Which way will the balance tip is the question.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: defcon5

I'd be willing to bet that more Americans know who Justin Bieber's current beard is than what happened with some Malaysian plane.

Pathetic.

Maybe the little 12yo kids. I don't think many adults like him, but I agree with the gist of what you're saying, though. Some people here are sheep with zero common sense.

I'm pretty confident that it was deliberate sarcasm.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I do believe the polls reflect alot of sarcastic Americans. It was all that was on the news here for a month.. so most average Americans know, but the average ATSer? Yeah, if they visit this site at all they know.

If the poll is true? Honestly I wouldnt see that as a bad thing as many do here apparently do. I mean what does this info really mean to anyone not directly involved? Maybe it means more American ATSers arent chronically plugged in.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow

Wtf is going on in the states

They also had next to NO ships in he search even tho the US is the most dominate navy in the area of interest

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Certainly speaks to the general devolution favoring "belief" over education, awareness and evidence.

Sorry. Feeling a bit disgusted.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
How do 26% of American members not know about this?
Its all that's been on the news for months.

I don't watch the news .. but ..

turn on ANY channel and BAM .. all day every day

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Thanks for the results SO.

The only thing I found shocking was. The 26% for the United states who claimed to have never heard anything about it, compared to the other countries in the same category.

Des

I know, what is up with that?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So in summary, 26% of U.S. users on here have a sense of humor and or trolled you by saying they had not heard of such a thing. I mean, it's only been plastered all over this website...every news station...every social media site...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You guys seem to be forgetting that a lot of people that vote, vote for the most silly option just to be jerks and skew the results...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedoctorswife
If the purpose of this poll was to cause division and in-fighting as opposed to members opinions on what happened to mh370, then it would have succeeded admirably. I'm as lost as everyone else as to how this outcome came about. As for sarcastic jokey responses by Americans, I'm not buying it. I thought us Brits were the kings of sarcasm.

Oh come on! Everybody knows Bill Murray is the King of Sarcasm! He's also an American...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak
So in summary, 26% of U.S. users on here have a sense of humor and or trolled you by saying they had not heard of such a thing. I mean, it's only been plastered all over this website...every news station...every social media site...

Exactly...why do people forget this all of sudden? I know why, it's just a chance to jump on the old anti-America/bash America wagon. Candians and Brits, I'm looking at you!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, considering the US in many states (especially California) spend more money on the prison system than the education system, this kind of result really shouldn't be THAT surprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join