It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreadDrifter

In this post you are basically saying that the polls are meaningless yourself, in your next post you act like these poll results might disclose life saving information.

You can't have both.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . Oh really?

Perhaps in your construction of ATS 'realities,'

you construe it that 100% of everyone on ATS is a cloned identical twin*.

Sooooooooooooooo, 26% of American ATSer's do not have their consciousness scratched by some polls on some topics.

Whoooooooooooooop T do! Big deal . . . it's not, per se, a problem for ATS at all.

26% are not wonderously impacted by the ATS polls. Oh, Dear. Oh me. Oh my.

Other than the operating system, I'm not sure what ATS factor WOULD impact 100% of everyone identically. And even the operating system doesn't do that because each individual is NOT an identical clone.

Nevertheless, the 26% still found the poll interesting enough to respond to. That evidently provided some at least entertainment or distraction value for them in their Walter Mitty or other kind of day.

74% Were aware and evidently found the poll interesting about a topic they had noted and followed to some degree. Even if only 25% found the polls informative enough to make some useful judgments from . . . that's more than enough to satisfy me.

Evidently some are still having a hard time wrapping their understanding about how a poll could be useful in a crisis situation related to globalism or some other conspiracy goings on. I'd have thought that would be self-evident but that was a silly notion for me to have.

If it becomes evident from an ATS poll that a huge percentage of former skeptics or former globalist sympathesizers have suddenly or reasonably quickly changed their perspectives . . . THAT could be a very critical bit of information that TPTB certainly would have already been aware of from their 100% surveillance of the culture and the citizens . . . and be therefore planning a Draconian response.

It could be helpful for ATSer's to realize that BEFORE the Draconian response.

Sigh.

= = =

*I don't

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
But if you polled those 26% who never heard about the missing flight, 100% of them probably know about who the Kardashians and Honey Boo-Boo are. I weep for this country.

Plus I wonder how many people who say they never of it, gave that answer as a sarcastic goof answer.
edit on 10-5-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

On that score, I GREATLY AGREE with you.

And I've grieved over that sort of phenomena for at least 30 years.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

A wise man once said

...and seeing as this incident isn't, it's understandable.

edit on 10-5-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
But if you polled those 26% who never heard about the missing flight, 100% of them probably know about who the Kardashians and Honey Boo-Boo are. I weep for this country.

Plus I wonder how many people who say they never of it, gave that answer as a sarcastic goof answer.

I wish I had an extra finger, then I could grab more cheese balls
--Honey Boo Boo

see 1:29 into the following vid

I'm sure that's going to make it into medical books some day as an example of why there's an obesity problem in the US.

edit on 10-5-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eNaR

Thanks . . . I think . . .

for my first exposure to Honey Boo Boo.

Sigh.

. . . as an illustration of the fact that most of us have gaps in our awareness.

edit on 10/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Unfortunately, this video shows she's on her way to becoming an obese, ignorant, piece of white trash just like her mother. No doubt she'll be joining the other 26% of those who are unaware of the current events of the world taking place around them.

And to think she has her own television reality show which is one of the highest rated on cable, and probably gets paid and is worth more than I'll ever make depresses me even more.

edit on 10-5-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I am not shocked by the results. As a (youngish) adult American I know very well that my peers and older adults in my demographic often show no interest in world events, or only look at what is happening in their local community. The notion of "world news" is foreign to many Americans. Educational standards are poor, and intelligence is often a stunning surprise to other people ... 'wow, you're really smart!' A lack of intelligence seems to be the thing people shoot for here. It's not shocking, but it is very, very sad.
edit on 10-5-2014 by dovdov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov

I am not shocked by the results. As a (youngish) adult American I know very well that my peers and older adults in my demographic often show no interest in world events, or only look at what is happening in their local community. The notion of "world news" is foreign to many Americans. Educational standards are poor, and intelligence is often a stunning surprise to other people ... 'wow, you're really smart!' A lack of intelligence seems to be the thing people shoot for here. It's not shocking, but it is very, very sad.

That lack of intelligence, while I agree, is prevalent in the US, is not exclusive to the US. Keep that in mind. I reckon 99% (at least) of the entire 1st world population is retarded in some shape or form, and like I said, that's not even counting the 3rd world. That number is based on the average IQ, and that for some strange reason 145 beats out over 99.8% of all people. That's unreal. Saddening to say the least.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Unfortunately, this video shows she's on her way to becoming an obese, ignorant, piece of white trash just like her mother. No doubt she'll be joining the other 26% of those who are unaware of the current events of the world taking place around them.

And to think she has her own television reality show which is one of the highest rated on cable, and probably gets paid and is worth more than I'll ever make depresses me even more.

....than most everyone here at ATS.... btw, I'm betting that she'll probably eat her way to an early death.

It's a sad reality that people actually watch such garbage and then show how stupid they are by talking about it at coffee and lunch breaks...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
'SHOULD HAVE' . . . according to . . .

YOU per YOUR . . . EXPECTATIONS . . . and constructions on YOUR 'reality.'

No, actually, it has nothing to do with opinion. As we can clearly see, three out of four of the countries have nearly identical votes in all categories. One country, in particular, has polarized votes in the categories that would be considered very odd, considering the poll was made on a forum that is all about alternative and breaking news.

The reason why that single category is 'odd' is also not based on opinion. It is odd that anyone in a first world country (a type of country littered by media outputs) would have in no way heard about this incident within the course of its initial occurrence and when the poll commenced. I am in no way projecting an opinion that all people within those respective countries should have heard this. Not everyone in these countries willfully has TV or lives in places in that country with stable internet, or what have you. However, if you are on this site, this factor alone means that it would be statistically impossible to not somehow see a single thread that referenced the flight.

This isn't opinion, this is fact. What's worse is that nearly everyone else seems to be perfectly capable of realizing this fact, but you. This entire topic is about the realization that 'something is off', when it comes to the poll results. The realization is that, for some reason, the USA has polarizing votes in the least likely category to all other countries. So much so that their number one voted option is everyone else's least voted, by far.

ACCORDING TO . . . drum roll . . . YOU and YOUR DEFINITION OF "insanity!" . . . according to YOU and YOUR EXPECTATIONS of reasonable and 'proper' behavior of Americans . . . according to YOU and YOUR perceptions and constructions of American 'realities.'

I don't know why you are arguing this, considering the phrase was clearly not meant to be literally taken. I do not assert that 26% of American citizens are literally insane. Your responses thus far, however, are very questionable.

Nor is it my opinion that Americans should be "behaving properly" all because of the results of an online poll. It is odd that every other country has the exact opposite position on the most 'odd' category within the poll. If it was any other country who had this occur to it, I would be responding the exact same way as I am with the USA's poll results. It has nothing to do with which country has these votes, but what the votes were themselves.

Once again, this has nothing to do with opinion. It has everything to do with facts.

Whoooop T Do. I could probably, with RELATIVELY minimal effort . . . find you 50-150 Navajos who haven't heard of the incident at all.

I could probably find you a more or less equal number of Caucasians who either haven't heard of it or who are only slightly aware of some lost plane of some sort overseas.

I have no doubts that you could achieve this. The point is not that "everyone should know this in the entire world". The point is that the results of all countries should be nearly indistinguishable if the poll is conducted on a site that offers Alternate and Breaking News. Again, this should be the case not because everyone should "follow procedure" or whatever the heck you're accusing me of saying, but because that news is literally everywhere. The news is outside of this forum, on every TV and news outlet, and it has been for quite some time. If you are on this site - which is where the poll was conducted, mind you - then it would be virtually impossible to be able to not see anything about it. You don't even need to open and read the topics in order to know what has been happening. The titles alone will tell you.

I have no doubts that some people in all of these first world countries will somehow 'escape' the onslaught of news outbreaks regarding this issue. However, it is statistically impossible (as every other country's poll results show) that even any sort of increased population would have similar occurrences. That is, until we get to the US's poll results, which just so happen to be the majority of all of their votes.

This is extremely concerning and questionable.

There you go again . . . ABSOLUTELY INSISTING THAT EVERY AMERICAN ON ATS

VIRTUALLY HAS TO SEE THE ATS FRONT PAGE

MORE OR LESS EXACTLY AS YOU DO!--registering on their brains, seeing all the information AS YOU DO, REMEMBERING ALL the information EXACTLY AS YOU DO! Valuing ALL the information EXACTLY AS YOU DO! Considering, filtering, filing, labeling, all the information more or less exactly as you do. . . . resulting in more or less similar statistics as you'd respond with.

NONSENSE.

As I clearly stated before, this has nothing to do with opinion. Again, if this were any other country, I would be stating the exact same things. You do not have to ever look through any topic about the crash, in order to be aware that there was a crash at all.

Not only that, but if your "logic" were to apply, it would be applied to all other countries as well. It is not a trait of America (or its citizens) to blissfully skim through ATS, whilst ignoring the majority of most other posts for no apparent reason, as you are suggesting.

Anyone can do that. However, as we see in the poll results, it is actually only Americans who have any respectable population (in fact the most population according to their poll results) that are completely unaware of the situation.

Does this mean that all other countries are tedious, OCD ridden news androids that must read every word of ATS in order to live? No, it means that something is wrong, and we don't entirely know what.

However, nearly everyone else within this topic seems to agree with this position of mine. That is, after all, the entire reason for this topic to begin with. In fact, I have no idea how you can just shoo-away the poll results as being something of a coincident (if that is really your position, I actually have no idea what it is as you just enjoy trying to insult me for whatever reason).

You do not get a majority vote in a poll with 3000+ votes from a single country by accident.
edit on 10/5/14 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

Education is poor? You know we have 50 of the top 50 (slight exaggeration) colleges in the world right? People come here to learn....

Again. I voted I hadn't previously heard of it because it seemed like a stupid option on the poll and was a sarcastic response from me like "whaaaaaaat? A plaaaane is goooooone???"

There hasn't been single day where that story doesn't have 3-4 threads on the main page. A plane crashed. It's sad. There were kids on board. Until more physical evidence is contained I'm not going to get involved in a guess fest.

Edit: I graduated secondary school in Ireland and it did a good job of preparing me for college. I know many states in the USA fail at that. But the first year of college in the USA catches you up.
edit on 10-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Does this mean that all other countries are tedious, OCD ridden news androids that must read every word of ATS in order to live? No, it means that something is wrong, and we don't entirely know what.

That I'd agree with.

I simply contend that ATS is somewhat of a microcosm of at least the USA with some probable skewed bits here and there because it's an alternative site.

I simply contend that it is more or less about as plausible for folks to tune out, SELECTIVELY PERCEIVE, misperceive, NOT SEE, whatever items listed on the RECENT page as they are in other venues, contexts.

I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about SELECTIVE PERCEPTION. The research on it is decades old.

I agree that it's a dreadful commentary on the awareness of Americans--particularly about overseas events. That issue is not new information.

I think folks also underestimate how many Americans are sick to death of dreadful negative news and flipped a switch years ago to tune it out.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Studies have shown 25% of Americans don’t know that the earth revolves around the sun! if this insignificant little fact escapes them its no surprise 26% are completely oblivious to the loss of MH370.

Duh! I aint never know about some stupid airplane gone missin in china or some place I been sittin on da porch wid ma shotgun defendin ma home from squirrels and commie ninjas.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Maybe we need to ask folks on this thread . . .

HOW MANY OF YOU AMERICANS CHOSE THAT OPTION SARCASTICALLY, AS A JOKE, TO PLAY GAMES WITH THE POLL OR OTHERWISE DISINGENUOUSLY?

Who knows how honest those responses would be but at least we could subtract out from the 26% and see what was left.

edit on 10/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tags & words left out

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Link that study...

a reply to: brianporter

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
Find it yourself don’t be lazy and I’ve got news for you a Malaysian airliner went missing over a month ago

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about SELECTIVE PERCEPTION. The research on it is decades old

I do not dismiss 'selective perception' and it's existence, nor do I dismiss the possibility of there being 'sarcastic votes' that just chose whichever category based on that either.

However, we do not see any varying results with any other country. None. If we are going to apply your logic that there could have been "some of this and some of that" kind of votes, then it would apply only to a small percentage.

We're talking 1-5%, though. Not 26%.

26% of 3000 is a lot of votes to be considered "garbage" votes. Not only that, but to say that they all just so happened to choose the same exact category to place those votes in, is in itself questionable.

The only logical outcome to say is that something is off. It certainly has nothing to do with sarcasm and perception, though.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The only logical outcome to say is that something is off. It certainly has nothing to do with sarcasm and perception, though.

I don't think that's likely to be very accurate.

It MUST have SOMETHING to do with a range of things, including selective perception and sarcasm and genetic cluelessness and willful blindness . . . and, and, and.

It is clearly more than a little curious. I just don't see writing it off to a single uniform issue. I think willful head in the sand stuff is likely the biggest chunk but that's my opinion. And I don't think it's sufficient to explain the whole 26%.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was going to lecture you all on your behaviour, but I don't think it would do very much beyond add to the ignorant discourse from every direction in this thread. Those pointing the sh!t stained finger at the 24% deviance should really take a whiff before shaking it about.

Two words explain the deviation: SAMPLE SIZE.

To attribute 750 votes to coordinated trolling or mass ignorance, is pretty damn ignorant. The larger the sample group the more consistent the numbers will be. I'm confident that if Canada, UK, or Australian had an equal amount of members as the USA has the numbers would reflect similar bias. The smaller sample sizes are not an adequate comparison.

3000 vs. 300-500? Your bias is showing if you use these numbers to label US ATS'rs as ignorant.

The smaller the group, the larger the scope of their interest thus the larger breadth of information they seek and consume. This is not a question of ignorance on the US side, its a question of interest, consumption, and time investment. It's folly to use polls as a source of definitive labels. They are an inherently flawed barometer.

/ATS makes me cranky

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join