It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: What happened to missing flight MH370? -- A shocking result!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
From what I see of the USA on TV (and on these forums), the 26% doesn't surprise me. It is IMO an ailing society. Sorry, but it's what I see. It's a place of extremes and at times great ignorance. It is a country that is leading the way in the destruction of our planet. It's a shame because the West needed to be an inspired and wise leader during the last fifty years or so. Instead we have greed. My apologies to the more sentient members of the American population.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScreenBogey

So, you watch a lot of TV?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

So, you watch a lot of TV?

Thank you for posting. Your opinion is important to me.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Totally agree nefermore.
I just don't understand why the other US members cannot see or just admit what most of the world knows.
It's not all Americans since 74% DID know but it's a large enough number to add to the already firmly and widely held belief that some Americans are very isolated and don't really have a grasp on the wider world.
And some are just dumb.

Regarding your radio show - I've tried listening a few times and I like the odd bit here or there but mostly it's just not very good. I am honestly not trying to be mean or harsh but it's just not.
It's mostly an overview of threads or a couple of very opinionated members spouting off.
I like you nef and maybe one or two others here and there and when you have an interesting guest on its fine.

I think most people are well aware you have a show on, they just choose not to listen.
I suggest a shake up, New blood and changing the format a little.
But hey if you're having a blast and you like the people on the show then ignore me and keep on having fun, that's more important than viewing figures, or should be.

edit on 10-5-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Surefire
Well, I find it a bit odd that such a large amount of American members who neither read the news nor read anything on ATS suddenly decided to answer a poll regarding something they apparently had no interest in.

Must have been difficult avoiding the front page topics concerning this matter up until this poll showed up and they flooded in to vote.

On the face of it, that's a very interesting point.

However . . .

1. Some folks like polls. It gives a chance to folks who may well feel extra UNHEARD, to have a voice. Such folks would be attracted to virtually any poll whether they had heard of the topic, or not.

2. Some folks are, no doubt, attracted to S.O.'s posts of virtually any kind--regardless of whether they are familiar with the topic, or not.

3. Some folks, no doubt, enjoy any chance to respond to any of the 3 Amigos' OP's.

There's probably another reason or 3 that folks would be likely to respond to such an OP without being aware of the topic ahead of time.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Sadly, I have to agree with you.

The oligarchy flushing the USA and thereby the planet literally down the chute to hell is evil to the core. Their genocidal intentions and plans for all but 200-500 million of the planet are orders of magnitude worse than Hitler--who they set up and paid for in the first place.

And, sadly, vast chunks of the populace ARE blithely and glibly wholesale ignorant of crucial things affecting their own lives, livelihoods, welfare, safety etc.

And, increasing numbers feel utterly helpless and hopeless to do anything to better themselves, their lot in life or the lot of their families. They see their beloved country and home being shredded top to bottom, inside and out ruthlessly by extremely greedy, hideous, horrific PTB. They are, imho, increasingly given to head-in-the sand willful blindness just as a BARELY COPING mechanism.

Many people who are not even very informed FEEL the vibes of the above and cringe in the corners of their lives, so to speak. They don't want to see or hear of the evil. They just wish it would go away and leave them and their loved ones be in peace. But they sense that's not to be the case and they cringe in their mental closets waiting for the escalating train load of 'other shoes' to drop.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

And I don't even have tv and I knew about it.

American here.

SO, most of those members who knew nothing about it were probably running through the religious threads making fun of religious people.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I wouldn't blame S.O. if he trashed the whole effort. While, actually, polling the unique ATS family has a LOT OF POTENTIAL FOR GOOD--EVEN FOR SOME LIFE-SAVING GOOD. There are some extremely bright people on here. And we can analyze things probably better than a lot of think tanks. Trouble is, the trashers and naysayers pollute the analysis so much that it often gets bogged down in destructive negativity sooooo much that the potential usefulness of the analysis is greatly diminished if not trashed, too. That's greatly sad. However, the oligarchy is working hard to flush the whole planet down the chute to hell at a faster and faster clip. Polling the ATS membership is one way we all can better discern the emerging trends and possibilities in terms of what's looming on the near horizon and how to better prepare for it. THAT COULD BE INCREDIBLY LIFESAVING. I hope enough of us will cheer S.O. on and help out enough to make the polls a very useful and powerful VALUE ADDED feature of ATS--in spite of those who seem to get their jollies compulsively flinging poo 24/7/365.

I don´t see the added value of the polls, especially with regards to the polled subjects. All they show is something about the membership itself. How is this usefull to the research and understanding off the topics at large here?

How are these results ever going to be life saving? How is anonymous voting going to be as meaningfull as actual discussion and the adding of thoughts by comments?

This thread proves it. Instead of adding something of value to the polled subject the focus is now on one single aspect of the poll result, namely the apparent lack of knowledge about current events among American participants.

Although interesting and somewhat amusing, it has no added value to the subject whatsoever.

Maybe next time another group will be marginalized for holding a certain belief. Or people with a certain belief that had the most votes will think that their view is the right one because of its popularity etc.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThreadDrifter

I don´t see the added value of the polls, especially with regards to the polled subjects. All they show is something about the membership itself. How is this usefull to the research and understanding off the topics at large here?

1. The membership here has to be above average in terms of alternative news reading, understanding, summarizing, sorting and sifting, analyzing, hypothesizing etc.

2. We have to be above average in terms of knowing about and understanding the globalist oligarchy and the genocidal madness they are shoving the whole planet into.

3. There are flaws with our functioning as a think tank. Yet, on the whole, on average, I'd guesstimate that our functioning as a think tank about the globalist oligarchy hideousness, plans, strategies, actions, trends, timeline etc. HAS TO ALSO BE ABOVE AVERAGE.

4. I could imagine a number of contingencies wherein the think tank aspect of ATS WOULD QUITE PROBABLY come up with a more or less accurate assessment of the oligarchy's strategies, plans, near term actions WELL BEFORE it was widely known otherwise

5. THAT COULD QUITE PROBABLY give ATS members and readers sufficient heads-up to take personal and/or family action which might prolong their lives and activity options some days to weeks or months longer than the average bear in the population.

How are these results ever going to be life saving? How is anonymous voting going to be as meaningfull as actual discussion and the adding of thoughts by comments?

See above.

6. And, the polls trigger and add to the discussion and analysis of other data bits concerned. Witness the length of this thread. Polls can motivate further data collection and analysis.

This thread proves it. Instead of adding something of value to the polled subject the focus is now on one single aspect of the poll result, namely the apparent lack of knowledge about current events among American participants.

Although interesting and somewhat amusing, it has no added value to the subject whatsoever.

7. Says you.

8. It alerts some of us to the horrific degree of ignorance to willful blindness on a larger percentage of the population than we were aware of before.

9. THAT could well be important . . . when, in the future, we are in the midst of making crucial decisions about fight or flight; prepping, vetting people to join our group etc. Folks might THEREFROM evolve strategies for ferreting out the terminally ignorant and willfully blind as simply tooooo dangerous to include in their family or group in a crisis situation.

10. Life is tooooo complex to soooo arbitrarily DECLARE so glibly that such information has no use. Who knows the contingencies in which it might be far MORE THAN merely useful.

Maybe next time another group will be marginalized for holding a certain belief. Or people with a certain belief that had the most votes will think that their view is the right one because of its popularity etc.

Marginalization occurs on ATS and in the populace all the time for a list of reasons. I'm not sure I get your meaning here.

I doubt that the 26% ignorant/willfully blind Americans re the flight loss will key-in on their being a large popular sub-group. I suspect that such folks are just treading water awash in so much distressing information . . . trying their best to keep their mental quasi-stability somewhat afloat. I doubt they have a lot of time or emotional energy to luxuriate about lesser priorities.

edit on 10/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

1-5

We don't need a poll to give us decision making info. I'd rather weigh in what the vocal minority has to say in its posts in the threads than what the silent majority votes in a poll anonymously.

If you think that the majority holds the wisdom then you might be wrong.

6. And, the polls trigger and add to the discussion and analysis of other data bits concerned. Witness the length of this thread. Polls can motivate further data collection and analysis.

As pointed out, this thread is not about the polled subject at all.

7. Says you.

As proven by this very thread. what did this poll and thread add to the subject of the missing plane? Zilch.

8. It alerts some of us to the horrific degree of ignorance to willful blindness on a larger percentage of the population than we were aware of before.

This is common knowledge and I have observed this for years without needing a poll. Still, it has no added value with regards to the polled subject. Are you suggesting they should keep having these polls about different subjects just to keep showing the same known notion, namely that certain people are ignorant? Is that the desired point of these polls?

9. THAT could well be important . . . when, in the future, we are in the midst of making crucial decisions about fight or flight; prepping, vetting people to join our group etc. Folks might THEREFROM evolve strategies for ferreting out the terminally ignorant and willfully blind as simply tooooo dangerous to include in their family or group in a crisis situation.

Seems moronic to base such a decision on the outcome of an ATS poll.

10. Life is tooooo complex to soooo arbitrarily DECLARE so glibly that such information has no use. Who knows the contingencies in which it might be far MORE THAN merely useful.

If it was very useful it wouldn't be so hard to tell why exactly it is useful.

Marginalization occurs on ATS and in the populace all the time for a list of reasons. I'm not sure I get your meaning here.

You aren't? It is pretty straighforward. The polls can and will be used as an argument to support or attack certain positions or beliefs.

edit on 10-5-2014 by ThreadDrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: Surefire
Well, I find it a bit odd that such a large amount of American members who neither read the news nor read anything on ATS suddenly decided to answer a poll regarding something they apparently had no interest in.

Must have been difficult avoiding the front page topics concerning this matter up until this poll showed up and they flooded in to vote.

On the face of it, that's a very interesting point.

However . . .

1. Some folks like polls. It gives a chance to folks who may well feel extra UNHEARD, to have a voice. Such folks would be attracted to virtually any poll whether they had heard of the topic, or not.

2. Some folks are, no doubt, attracted to S.O.'s posts of virtually any kind--regardless of whether they are familiar with the topic, or not.

3. Some folks, no doubt, enjoy any chance to respond to any of the 3 Amigos' OP's.

There's probably another reason or 3 that folks would be likely to respond to such an OP without being aware of the topic ahead of time.

In this post you are basically saying that the polls are meaningless yourself, in your next post you act like these poll results might disclose life saving information.

You can't have both.
edit on 10-5-2014 by ThreadDrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The only conclusion i can draw is that US members were being sarcastic..kind of 'what? I really hadn't heard about THAT before!' rather than 'what? What's that then?'

Other than that...if i were an American, i'd be very worried about what is happening in my country.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
How do 26% of American members not know about this?
Its all that's been on the news for months.

A Warp in Space-Time like the Malaysian Event flight MH370....

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
When ever I've seen a poll's results broken down, I always wonder how this was done:

1) How were member's location determined? IP addys? Based upon what their profile says?

2) How was the poll itself carried out? Was it completely impossible for someone to not vote more than once? (in this case, the answer is NO, people using Chrome at least are able to vote more than once. I know, I tested this. That alone skews your entire poll).

3) Seriousness of the poll itself. You have already made one poll that was an obvious attempt at humor (your Putin poll). If you want your polls to be taken seriously, do not put out any more polls like your Putin poll. That one was a joke.

Before you take these numbers any more seriously, read through this thread. This thread shows what has be very obvious for a very long time here on ATS: there are large groups of people that are "anti-US", and have been for quite a long time. You do not see too many Anti-UK threads on here. Anti-Canadian, Anti-French, Anti-German, Anti-Australian.......

So you gave a poll, and it's a poll that can be "hacked" (IE people can vote more than once). A poll in which you've not stated how people's locations were determined.

Then the results given shows something that is insulting for US members, and it is QUICKLY pounced on by the Anti-US groups here on ATS......and you act surprised?

Fix your poll mechanics. Ensure that NO ONE can vote more than once. Show us how you determined location of members that have voted (I've yet to see that questioned answered in this thread).

MAKE SURE that before you introduce a new poll of any kind, that you give information at the top of the poll: Is this a serious poll? Is this a tongue in cheek poll?

If you have the mechanics to do so: Make voters post in the poll thread, explaining why they voted the way they did.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I think it would have been interesting to have a category of "I don't give a damn."

You may find a lot of "I have never heard of it" ending up as I don't give a damn.
-- snip --

That's why I decided to pass on responding to the "Putin" poll. There was no "None Of The Above" option and I wasn't going to select one of the others just to be joining in.

Frustration with the wall-to-wall coverage may very well be a partial explanation. I am, though, disillusioned with how many people I come into contact with who have adopted the "Ignorance is Bliss" approach to Life. One of my former employers told me that he'd never met anyone with a head full of more useless knowledge. Once something catches my attention I tend to take an Otaku approach out of reflex...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
BS talk. Who cares one flight in asia when there's so many people dying everyday in car accidents in your own country?
It's important only for you because you smell a conspiracy.
That sinking ferry with children burried alive - that was news! And it got almost no coverage here.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
BS talk. Who cares one flight in asia when there's so many people dying everyday in car accidents in your own country?
It's important only for you because you smell a conspiracy.
That sinking ferry with children burried alive - that was news! And it got almost no coverage here.

I'd have to disagree on that one. My first guess would be that I pay attention to some news sources you don't. It got a lot of coverage on Drudge, Fox, etc... I know there are lots of fellow members on ATS who consider it "slumming" to check out a site like Breitbart, but sometimes you have to be willing to look beyond your comfort zone if you want to have a reasonable grasp of what's going on.

No dig at you intended, so please don't take offense.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

I agree. I actually used ATS as my only news source for a while but I missed many news as they got 2 flags while Slayers morning back scratching got 50 flags and stars. You can't take it too seriously here. It's just a forum in the end.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Thanks for the (brutally honest!) review - each to their own of course!

The point I was trying to make is that some people don't know whats happening with ATS itself, let alone the world at large, and that the numbers aren't that suprising.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ThreadDrifter

You aren't? It is pretty straighforward. The polls can and will be used as an argument to support or attack certain positions or beliefs.

In terms of describing the usefulness of the polls . . . I don't think there's much I can do to persuade anyone who declines to see such possibilities. I offered some ideas. I understand that some find those inadequate to convince them. So be it.

In terms of using the polls to attack certain positions or beliefs . . . I guess, as usual, folks will have to 'cowboy up' and deal with it.

The attack dogpiles are still around ATS and resisting the assaults constructively and overcomingly is something folks have to learn if they are to stay around and deal with responses maturely and within the T&C.

Trying to make ATS 'safe' for all positions, beliefs, perspectives, interest groups will likely never occur in the sense you seem to be talking about.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join