It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The predecessors of the Bavarian Illuminati.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is not a subject that anyone seems to be researching. Most of the research involves celebrities, fearmongering and sensationalism with little evidence to back anything up. Any black person who's successful must be Illuminati, that's good logic. The Illuminati has been turned into a silly Internet meme. It's become mainstream, but it's a mainstream joke, people see a triangle light on a rapper's head, turn that into an Illuminati meme. I think the Illuminati, if it still exists is massively over rated as being a world power. You don't need a secret society to have corrupt and power hungry leaders. You don't need a secret society to have bankers who lust after money. A lot of this is a conspiracy of human nature rather than some over arching bogeyman. There was corruption, lust for power and money well before the Bavarian Illuminati and there will be that long after too. I'm someone who thinks the psychopaths run the world, not some bogeyman organization that loves killing celebrities for no reason. Do people think that the founder of the Bavarian Illuminati just happened to come up with the word Illuminati? This word was floating around Europe for at least a few centuries and this was an occult organization more than anything else. The Illuminatis that came before it were focused on the occult and mysticism and not worldly power and money.

www.ageofaquarius.cc...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MayorOfCydonia

I'm not sure how much you're willing to reason on this point, but turn on the news and you'll see that things have gotten much worse. It seems that the shadow government behind all governments has been able to concentrate their efforts. You may ask, but what do they get out of making this world bad? Being that they're evil by nature, they find meaning in their lives by knowing that they've caused it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afda8c7d5b01.png[/atsimg]
I think the OP is a coherent train of thought. Even better the train contains more than just an engine, it actually has a number of cars hooked too it. But best of all, he actually got the train out of the station and headed in one direction. In the age of texting and l33T speak, the original post is Mozart by comparison.

As to the topic raised in the OP, I would like to say something, If I may. About enlightenment.

Light sits in judgment of fire,
for all the lives taken, and
says "an eye for an eye, and
a tooth for a tooth"

Does fire have an eye, and does it have teeth.

What if some laws are true on multiple levels, for multiple life forms, and multiple perspectives .... simultaneously, even at different scales?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

With all due respect, I have no idea what you're talking about. No clue. I have no idea if you're agreeing with the OP or not.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

No offense but I think you may be combining the idea of what the "illuminati" are with the modern depiction of them.

First, the word illuminati was not really floating around; it's a Latin word which literally translate to, "one who is illuminated," or, more specifically, "one who is enlightened." This aimed more at people who were higher thinking in the fields of religion, spirituality, metaphysics, philosophy, and the sciences. The reason the Bavarian Illuminati was underground and "secret" was because it was composed of scientists who were trying to avoid persecution by the dominating religious group of the time: the Church of Catholicism.

Looking at it more in an abstract sense, why would a group of enlightened individuals partake in greed, fear-mongering, and other negative activities if they are by designation "illuminated" and enlightened? It seems extremely contradictory, especially when considering that a major part of enlightenment is realizing that are all One, all connected, and that material pleasures and desires are but illusions and distractions from our true purpose of ascension. This has been spoke of time and time again in every major religion.

When I think of the Illuminati as far as a global entity that pulls strings and has power, I think of an onion. There are many layers, and the more you pull back, the smaller and smaller the actual size gets. Once you get to the heart of what forms the Illuminati, you realize that they're not bankers and media moguls and what not; that's like comparing court jesters to KINGS.

One of the best analogies I've ever heard for this "Illuminati" entity has to do with video games:

Imagine there are two brothers, one older and one younger. They're playing a two player video game. The older brother, obviously being older and having more experience, is at level 10, while his younger brother is at level 1. In order for both of them, playing together, to reach the next level, the younger brother must be the same level as his older brother or else they won't survive. Both would "perish." So, how does the older brother get the younger brother to level up?

Does he sit back and let the younger brother gain knowledge on his own, over time? Well what if the younger brother doesn't know what to do?

So the older brother purposefully leads the little brother to different places where he might learn to play the game better. Instead of waiting around for the younger brother to also become "older," the older brother purposefully sets up scenarios to make the younger brother realize how to get better.

Now look at our world.... Our planet is FULL of messed up stuff, but it's not really secret! People are willingly ignorant; they are caught up in living a material life. To use the game reference, they're caught up on getting the junk loot and trying to get scraps of gold rather than adventuring and exploring what's out there and ENJOYING the game. The secrets that we "open minded" people or the (for the most part) wrongfully labeled "tin foil hat" people find aren't that hidden; it's blatant and obvious.

I honestly believe that we're being set up right now with negative situations to realize how negative we have become as a society. We've lost our place on this planet, with each other, and it's only by our own destruction and experiencing ourselves that we will come to realize that WE are the problem, not some global shadow entity, not some "omGZZ LOOMENAHTEEZ," not politicians, not media moguls, but US. WE let them survive; WE let them continue; WE give up our freedoms... and only WE can make the changes necessary. WE are all the Illuminati, we just haven't realized it yet.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Kroovistos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

With all due respect, I have no idea what you're talking about. No clue. I have no idea if you're agreeing with the OP or not.

The respect is mutual,
I have been admiring your work quite a bit.

The op made an appeal to the predecessors of the "illuminati" (as titled) and the link spends quite a bit of page space talking about magicians. As such I have framed my response in the more ancient world view of animism coupled with the elements. The older "secret language" as it were. But you know all this already, probably my lack of transitory steps that caught one unawares, or at least uncertain.

My first paragraph above is in no way sarcastic. Sarcasm is in the sound not in the written form. If I _ever_ use sarcasm in print I always mark it with a backslash sarcasm, and /end sarcasm.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 9-5-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I prefer Modern English, but since ATS helms such a large community, I would assume that someone here understands you. Lol. I for one wish I did, because what you are saying sounds interesting.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
With regard to the OP, I would not comment on any links or otherwise between The Bavarian Illuminati of Adam Weishaupt and the current alleged organisation rumoured to have that name but a lot is known about Weishaupt's group.

He drew extensively on Islamic mystical sources - in particular the teaching of a 12th century Sufi Shahab al-Din Suhrawardi which was called 'Illuminism'.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I finally understood what you mentioned in your first post. Apparently I'm too tired. You do make sense, though. I have to read your second post tomorrow, as I'm ready to go to sleep.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The true Illuminati, which in reality had little to do with the Bavarian Illuminati and may not have even carried that name prior to the Bavarian's existence but appropriated for themselves after, is a powerful oligarchy of families. They are a line descended from the first civilization, that of Atlantis. After its destruction their line founded the dynasties of Egypt where they ruled as the pharaohs and high priests. From there the families moved on to the Roman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the British Empire and into America and so forth. They call themselves the Illuminati not because of spiritual enlightenment but because they have knowledge of most of the secrets of this world that we "peasants" are undeserving of having.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SonsOfTheMeek

That's pure speculation, though. Where have you gleaned this information from, so that I can give you the benefit of the doubt? I prefer it when people make assumptions about something as mysterious as the Illuminati based on what they've observed in society. We don't have to go back to some hypothetical Atlantis to feel pure evil operating around us.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
its a form of mockery that desensitizes the masses. the clues are so abundant that you see them in everything and yet from an uninformed desensitized perspective this is just how its always been. i don't think there has ever been a time in history where humanity has been so bombarded with advertising and marketing, all of it imposing others ideas and beliefs upon us so that the norms of society are followed. the illuminati has many names don't get stuck on one. its not just a group of people it is a plan, idea, system, and a belief of society. 6000 years of this plan is relatively new to humanities existence on earth. thats why it works so well. this idea permeates our modern society so much that it has clouded our perception of reality all while mocking us. like a magic trick. we focus on one aspect while oblivious to whats happening behind the scenes. its a great deception. a spell on our minds because we have been told what to believe and how to perceive. take a step back from the world and look at who is in control of the things you see and you will find the truth.

people become aware of this and can use it for good or bad.
this clip below is a clue in the open. the throne a realm represents the deception the bald man is good the other bad. there are many truths present if you can recognized them. the more conscious you are of the ideas that enter your mind the more you recognize it. but if your senses and perception become dull you only see the deception.

edit on 9-5-2014 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The simple answer is the royal families and the mega rich....the conspiracy is a conspiracy of control of outcomes....
The ultimate aim is rule of the entire planet from the shadows....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Jay-Z made a clothing line with FREEMASON symbolism, NOT ILLUMINATI.
Jay-Z was on a track with "Rick Ross", called FREE MASON, NOT ILLUMINATI.
In this song, "Officer Ricky" proudly confessed to being a Freemason, NOT ILLUMINTAI.
In, this song, Jay-Z alluded to NOT being a Freemason, but didn't actually say he wasn't, but didn't mention the ILLUMINATI.
PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO SAY ILLUMINATI.

Rappers can be Masons. I'm not sure if they can join those southern lodges with the white hooded robes, probably not. I'd also venture to say there are are no rappers at the Bilderburg meetings.

Freemason does not mean Illuminati, or vice-versa.
Hell, they don't even mean what they're supposed to mean anymore, haven't for a while, obviously.

Google + Etymology + Public Library = Deny Ignance

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonsOfTheMeek
The true Illuminati, which in reality had little to do with the Bavarian Illuminati and may not have even carried that name prior to the Bavarian's existence but appropriated for themselves after, is a powerful oligarchy of families. They are a line descended from the first civilization, that of Atlantis. After its destruction their line founded the dynasties of Egypt where they ruled as the pharaohs and high priests. From there the families moved on to the Roman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the British Empire and into America and so forth. They call themselves the Illuminati not because of spiritual enlightenment but because they have knowledge of most of the secrets of this world that we "peasants" are undeserving of having.

THIS.

The only thing I'd disagree with you on SOTM is that this goes back further than the purported Atlantis civilisation. In a way one could argue that this goes all the way back to the first secrets, the first power structure.

The moment a caveman or ape first made use of a tool was the moment the brain begun to accrete power over the brawn. If that ape or caveman tried to hide this new skill he'd have an advantage and power over others. The first caveman who managed to learn the skill of creating fire was the first of the Priest Class who had authority and power over others, and consequently more access to disseminating his genes via the tribal women.

OP you are correct about the psychopathy angle. Psychopathy gives the psychopath an evolutionary advantage because they are not bound by the same morals and thought processes the rest of us are. Over thousands, hundreds of thousands, even millions of years this evolutionary advantage results in an increase in the percentage of the population who are psychopaths and the clever ones seek each other out and use the less clever ones for their own ends.

To Stirling, unfortunately that is an optimistic view. The real rulers are way above the royal families, bankers and super rich. We do't and most likely never will discover who these ruling dynasties are. They are so high up that there's never been a record of their existence in maimstream history. They literally live in a parallel much more advanced society than the rest of us.

Additionally their goals are not merely to rule the world. Their number one desire is immortality. Their second most important desire is to control the Omega Point- to control the future and the end point of the entire universe and eventually all universes.

I don't say these things flippantly but from a position of over 20 years of research. Indeed there are more aspects to this that are so seemingly ludicrous and mindbending that I cannot even mention them without the back up of a thousand sources, fifty thousand words, physics, and some Logical thought experiments.

OP rest assured people are researching this. However one must also realise that lots of illuminati/conspiracy references in popular culture are not deliberate 'plants' by the system but merely people jumping on a trendy bandwagon. Which in itself has occured in an environment designed to foster it- plant some seeds and these seeds eventually produce more seeds.

Dues I agree with some of what you wrote as well. It goes back further than 6000 years though, but I agree there was a distinct amping up of this around 6000 years ago with the Priest Classes using astronomical knowledge such as eclypses to their advnatage. Again it's all about knowledge, secrets, psychopathy and how power corrupts.

PS. I'm not a new member. Haven't posted for a few years, lost my details but felt I needed to post.

new topics

top topics

join