It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Ignored Boko Haram’s Slaughter of Hundreds of Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Another Revelation....

A letter to Government officials from MoveOn.org ....

Petition to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Attorney General Eric Holder, President Barack Obama and Members of Congress

We urge you not to support the formal designation of Boko Haram in Nigeria as a “Foreign Terrorist Organization” (FTO). Such a move would be a counterproductive mistake with far-reaching negative consequences for both Americans and Nigerians.

FLASHBACK: MoveOn.org Petitions Hillary Clinton Not To Declare Boko Haram A “Terrorist” Organization

About MoveOn ...

.... MoveOn.org Political Action represents the collective will of MoveOn’s more than 8 million members at the ballot box by helping to elect progressive candidates to office and defeat candidates who stand in the way of progress.

But in contrast to most PACs, which funnel industry contributions to candidates in exchange for access, MoveOn.org Political Action bundles hundreds of thousands of small donors together to elect progressive candidates who will represent the American people. ........

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: buster2010
That makes sense let's blame Clinton instead of not blaming that nation for not dealing with their own problem. Enough of America being the world's police let it deal with it's own problems for a change. I'm fed up with my tax dollars being spent dealing with problems that are not ours. If the armchair generals care so much why not join up and request to go and fight these people.

why don't YOU save us some money and enlist.

do something for others for a change.

I have already done my time in the military how about you? You may want to work on your reading skills btw I said it is none of Americas business let Nigeria deal with their own problems.

never had the pleasure of serving. viet nam was ending when i was old enough.

if they were branded a terrorist org when they should have been, helping nigeria would be no problem.
besides, it's a humanitarian problem and everyone should help.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do you know why they did that?

I'm just asking because I'm not sure if you've really thought through what the potential of an FTO designation does to no-name, small-time organizations does.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Do you know why they did that?

I'm just asking because I'm not sure if you've really thought through what the potential of an FTO designation does to no-name, small-time organizations does.

I will let you explain.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Sharia law is hardly their goal, where in "Sharia law" does it say kidnap pilliage and kill innocent people?these khawarij groups always claim this.. They can't even figure out that their own actions are Haram (sinful) and against Islam . so how can they impose Sharia law when they are in every way violating it ?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

But it outrages you so, lol! Surely you could take a wild guess?

I'll help...it acts as a kick starter for monies funneled in from bigger organizations like Al Queda and also legitimizes them in the region they operate by formally establishing them in opposition to Western powers and not just local governments. In other words, it gives them street cred they wouldn't otherwise have.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I'll help...it acts as a kick starter for monies funneled in from bigger organizations like Al Queda and also legitimizes them in the region they operate by formally establishing them in opposition to Western powers and not just local governments. In other words, it gives them street cred they wouldn't otherwise have.

And guns, it seems the world economics forum paid for peace with schoolgirls.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It gives the group legitimacy on an international scale. They would have gone from Nigerian troublemakers to international terrorists drawing in support from every extremist organization in the world. They would have been able to recruit and train dozens, if not hundreds, more people like them due to that support.

Giving a small group a major designation like that does nothing but empower them. Unfortunately, they may have just gained the notoriety they wanted with these kidnappings. Nigeria is not a simple 'us vs. them' kind of place with simple issues. You've got a whole bunch of groups doing a lot of terrible things to one another. The Nigerian government has been unwilling to pick any side except for its own and has, for the most part, asked that the US stay out of its business. Until now.

I said most of this on the first page. Not in such specifics though. That could be why you're still confused.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You "assume" I'm outraged ?

And I think the Bokos had plenty of support and money before the "classification" last year.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Hmm. Not outraged? Then why the thread? I guess it just all goes back to my original post.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A word about the Bokos financing prior to being an "official" terrorist outfit....

Financing

What is certain about Boko Haram (BH) is that the organization is very well funded; without an ever-increasing cash flow, the movement would have died out long ago. Government and private intelligence organizations believe that BH is sponsored mostly by foreigners, along with Nigerian ex-pats and locals. The American Foreign Policy Council’s World Almanac of Islamism (last updated August 21, 2013) indicates that BH has received funding with the help of Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), and from organizations in the UK and Saudi Arabia. A BH spokesman claimed with a degree of reliability that Boko Haram leaders met with Al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia during the lesser hajj (umrah) in August 2011. By successfully mounting spectacular operations throughout the Maghreb and Sahel regions with worldwide media coverage, and providing advance training and financing to groups like the Movement for the Unity and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), and others. AQIM’s value to al Qaeda (AQ) in Pakistan and the jihad cause has also grown and significantly spread its influence beyond its Algerian base, deeper into Central and Western Africa. AQIM has become the premier AQ franchise that everybody wants to buy into it, including BH. In addition, the Nigerian news organization PUNCH recently confirmed a September 13, 2013 US Congressional report that BH is being supported by AQIM. The Los Angeles Times had made the same conclusion two years prior in an article dated September 13, 2011, “Nigeria militant group Boko Haram's attacks attract speculation”.

Interesting site...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Hmm. Not outraged? Then why the thread? I guess it just all goes back to my original post.

No comment thanks but no thanks.

too off topic.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Hmm. Not outraged? Then why the thread?

It's an easy shot at Hillary Clinton because she's the supposed Democratic nominee in 2016...even though I won't be voting for her in the primary, neither will a lot of Democrats.

But hey, 'the media' is telling us she's the one and some conservatives have already resigned themselves to the next Clinton presidency.

This is why we're going to have threads on an almost weekly basis that will somehow relate to Hillary and what a terrible person/leader she is.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
it makes sense that the U.S Gov had previous knowledge due to the fact that Africa has oil.
Look at Kony 2012, the results were very promising that it wouldn't take much to deceive the public.

The U.S wants control of Africa so that they can have all that oil all to themselves. Just another way to get troops over there.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And just what, pray, would you say if she had suggested military intervention (not authorized, the secretary of state doesn't have that power)? Because I bet it would be some histrionic nonsense about Obama and Clinton starting another war without the support of the American public.

And with regard to your title, what difference does it make if the victims may have been Christians? Are Christian lives somehow worth more than others?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i'm seeing a whole lot of back slapping, and "hillary is t3h devil"...and while she is kind of a crap person, almost everyone seems to be missing the bigger picture, and more important issue...

it's a sad day, indeed, when the ONLY person saying anything even close to what i'm thinking, is buster....seriously guys?

what people need to be asking, especially the OP, is "how is this an american problem?"...does this impact the U.S. at all? are the people being kidnapped, and killed, americans? if the answer is "no", then why do ANY of you think there is any need for the american state department to be involved, or to have EVER been involved?

why is it a problem that they weren't designated a terrorist group years ago? is it because it was a missed opportunity to stick our noses in yet ANOTHER country's internal affairs, and send in troops, and drones, to blow the hell out of yet ANOTHER country?

what POSSIBLE benefit would we derive from spending money we don't have for MORE military adventurism?

clinton sucks, but i fail to see how this is even an issue...you guys are seriously pissed at her because she DIDN'T take steps to waste money, and lives, on another useless excursion?

sometimes, i really don't understand folks around here...at least not american people, when it comes to things like this...
edit on 10-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join