It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard turning high speed craft over New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just watched this video and it's fair to say it looks real enough!

The video was uploaded by Horsefarmer1000 who has his own video setup for Meteors, UFO Hunting, Strange lights e.t.c.

Here is one of his videos about his setup:

Here is what he says in his description about his UFO video:

While checking through older time lapse footage taken on Wednesday, ‎27 ‎November ‎2013, ‏‎10.42 p.m I found this Gem.

Camera was on Auto pilot taking a timelapse video of Orion.

I had just moved to the coast - bay of plenty New Zealand. Between Tauranga and Whakatane.

The video:

At first glance my mind says plane, but then you see it turn a hard left which no conventional aircraft can do that fast, and at that speed we never will do either.

I have noticed that he replied to a person about his equipment, whether this is what he used/is using now, i don't know.

This is what i'm using,..plus i use a canon fs36 camcorder.
to get colour i use a slower lens SMC pentax-M 1:2.1 50mm),.and i adjust the Hue setting in camcorder
to get a bright traditional green i use a fast 50mm F1.2 lens.

See what you think ATS.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The slowed down speed could be the actual speed, but I can't tell because there are no timing marks.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well considering this is supposed to be 'time lapse' how can there be 2.7 seconds of smooth film? Time lapse usually takes a picture every few seconds. Even the supposed slowed down footage is smooth.

Im guessing the is lying about the speed of the film and this is more than likely speeded up a LOT.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Pretty cool shot !

Not a clue as to what it could be. I do hope other members chime in..

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the turning object seemed to eject or originate from another source.

Can be seen a bit before 1:21

Snap:

In any case, good catch. S&F !

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Well considering this is supposed to be 'time lapse' how can there be 2.7 seconds of smooth film? Time lapse usually takes a picture every few seconds. Even the supposed slowed down footage is smooth.

Im guessing the is lying about the speed of the film and this is more than likely speeded up a LOT.

Or maybe it is what it is and there isn't a conspiracy..

He's hardly a fame seeker considering his views imo.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

He's hardly a fame seeker considering his views

Success is hardly an indication of intention.

Quite simply its impossible to have 2.7 seconds of time lapse that is smooth and also in real time. Its clearly sped up.

edit on 8-5-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

He's hardly a fame seeker considering his views

Success is hardly an indication of intention.

Quite simply its impossible to have 2.7 seconds of time lapse that is smooth and also in real time. Its clearly sped up.

Then wouldn't we have movement from the stars if it was sped up? which we don't.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That's definitely CG. Look at the stars in the background; each one has a slight light trail (probably from exposure), but the light trails don't change whatsoever in each individual frame, indicating a still image. You can see a similar trail on the "craft, " but that trail is obviously fading out with each frame.

Conclusion: Still image with CG added over the top. I'd say 100% hoax.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well that depends on the total length of time it was taken over. But yes you would usually expect to see star movement with time lapse.

With that in mind then its most likely a CGI hoax.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if this is time lapse its a strange kind of time lapse.
Absolutely nothing else moves whatsoever. Nada, zilch.
The stars dont twinkle.
Its a strange video, something does'nt seem right with it

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes its CGI.
The background stars are a still image, the "ufo" is added in
I call hoax bin...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

That's what I thought!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not going to offer an opinion on the authenticity of the vid, but I will give the skeptics some food for thought.

For those of you who are not from New Zealand, the area this was taken in is part of the Bay Of Plenty and the main city in this region is Tauranga. It has been a hotbed of ufo activity over the years and I have heard first hand accounts of a UFO going into the Tauranga harbour by my Aunt and Uncle.

I mention their testimony because My Uncle is a highly talented inventor and engineer. He is also a hardcore Atheist who refuses to believe in anything beyond what he can see and touch for himself. For him to come out with this story is nothing less than remarkable because for many years he rubbished ufos and close encounters as fanciful imaginings to put it politely.
edit on 8-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This video is filmed with a TVS-4A Starlight tube with a canon FS36 camera for a eye, twixtor slow motion software was used to slow this object down for a smooth finish.

Also

Horsefarmer10002 hours ago

my timelapse videos with the Night vision tube a made by video recording not photo's stacked together, this is why i get a
very smooth video in slow motion rendering with twixtor
You won't see much Star twinkling in 2.7 seconds for the Debunkers as mentioned i had Dew on my lens.
regards to Star twinkling
Stars don't twinkle ,the instability of the atmosphere causes this effect,
so on a foggy night you might not see nothing and in the rain and so on or depending on your lens too is it a fasts lens or a slow one,. twinkling is weather depended ,.the twinkling will be best on a very dark clear night.
This is as real as it gets 

The jump to conclusion that his video is CGI without the understanding of the person in question and his equipment, is typical ATS shill style!!

To quote Stan The Man:

You're not open minded when your objective is to discredit someone's claims. Skepticism on the other hand, is a healthy reaction.

OR:

There is difference between skeptics and debunkers.
A skeptic says, "maybe. lets check the facts."
A debunker says,"I know what the answer is. These things can't possibly be real." If the first explanation doesn't work, lets try a 2nd one. If that doesn't work, lets try a 3rd one.
Skepticism we need. Debunking, we do not need.

The latter being spot on with ATS of late..

edit on 9-5-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well here is a first for youtube a REALTIME TIMELAPSE

From his tube site

my timelapse videos with the Night vision tube a made by video recording not photo's stacked together

If it's real time video it's not a timelapse !

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Could be interesting! But ow, all the music, editing, speed, zooming... my head...

The unedited footage would be nice to see. The video above is too manipulative.

I'll make a judgement from the original clip at its original speed, not from this "edit" of it.

The end product of this video (music, editing, text, speed confusion, zoomings etc etc) is so far from whatever the start product of it was (just a clip) - leaves me too suspicious to want to try and judge it, is all, because I'm effectively judging "video editing" rather than "stock footage" or whatever the term for a raw clip (like a photo with EXIF data) would be called.

Like I say, COULD be interesting!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't know the first thing about this, but I would say CGI as well, based on the fact that the object appears to pass in front of one of the camera lines....shown in the below images:

Wouldn't an object being filmed pass behind the line in the camera, not in front of it as this one does?
edit on 5/9/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am interested in that nightvision build! However I have no sounds so I will check it out later if it is legit.

Now a Helicopter can bank at a 90 turn at a low speed..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Could be a bat or bird.

edit on 5/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Could be a bat or bird.

That's a good possibilty. I wish everyone else followed suit too first with a good explanation, rather then saying CGI, because the equipment and movement is unfamiliar to them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join