It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: White House on lockdown, suspicious items thrown over fence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
My brother age 8 at the time threw a ball over the white house fence. A ninja secret service agent climbed down from a tree and returned it to us. This was 20 years ago

These days you would go to jail ... no matter the age.

Times have sure changed. I liked it way back when, when police and such were nice and helped people and everyone was thought to be innocent unless they were caught in the commission of an actual crime.
edit on 8-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yup, we still have cars with cassette players here....but then we've always been a nation that appreciates and values our 'old' stuff

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

It clearly was a joke and even the most dimwitted NSA/FBI/CIA (add any alphabet agency) would have probably seen it that way as well (in my opinion at least).

Those alphabet soup agencies are truly well known for taking a joke well! Perhaps you will get a pair of the "dim-witted" ones dropping by.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

It clearly was a joke and even the most dimwitted NSA/FBI/CIA (add any alphabet agency) would have probably seen it that way as well (in my opinion at least).

Those alphabet soup agencies are truly well known for taking a joke well! Perhaps you will get a pair of the "dim-witted" ones dropping by.

Just throw in some liquor and some hookers and they'll forget the reason they're there.

Seriously...they will.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

throwing object-missiles.

The guy must have some arm if he is hurling missiles at the WH. Any reasonable person knows a cassette isn't a missile but then it is DC.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: KawRider9
Good deal.

Being locked down = not screwing something up!

Yes...now if they would only throw away the key, and nail the doors shut...we'll all breath a little better.

Des

Actually Des, they should just build a 200 foot solid wall around it.

Then you all can fill it with water ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Just invite us Brits and candians back to finnish the job of last time

And to that I must respond with our semi-national anthem!

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: ProfessorT

@ABC: White House on lockdown after 2 suspects throw suspicious items over different sections of compound's fence, Secret Service says.

@fox5newsdc: Update: Secret Service is investigating items thrown over fence at White House. More: t.co...

@ChristineAhern: The White House in lock down for the second time in 3 days-- Two people in custody for throwing items over the fence. @TheTodayShow

@WNEW: White House lockdown has closed both E Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue NW between 15th and 17th streets. t.co...
I wonder what these suspicious items are. I'm sure the White House was on lockdown a few days ago too. According to the Washington Post one item was thrown over the North fence and the other over the South fence by two individuals.

The British preparing for another Bonfire

I know it sounds trite, and I haven't committed it to memory: but
I thought there was some near-divine passage in the Treaty of Galt
that spec'd the Yanks couldn't be chastised by fire again.
Or was that Harp? We all love it and you know it.

Back strictly to the OP: Leaving the contents of the plain looking
package a mystery smacks of intrigue... I'd be looking toward the
Eastern Front for another spook job while we're watching the
alleged virulent lettuce flop onto the WH lawn.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Aww, wonder if some poor soul made the POTUS a circa 1980's mix tape?

My hypothetical mix tape would have songs like (hopefully) A Change Is Gonna Come, 99 Luft Balloons, Whip It, and, of course, Master of Puppets by Metallica...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Good deal.

Yes...now if they would only throw away the key, and nail the doors shut...we'll all breath a little better.

Des

Cheers - Dave

There comes another one. I as many could have assumed the job
of popping the colonies was pretty much complete when the White
House was burned to a bent matchstick. Now if I could direct your
pyrotechnic expertise toward Wall St. I'll hold your coat, mate.
And watch how you spell them up above 54-40.. it hurts when ye awaken.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Maybe its a job seeker tossing his resume over the fence. It probably reads something like: Talented, bag of dung thrower, have coordination and logistical skills, motivated, unemployed, seek employment. Suitable fit for any vacancy. References upon request.

...or something like that.

Personally, I hope its harmless. The individuals in charge of clearing the questionable objects have families too.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow, someone openly joking about using a nuke on the Whitehouse and people cheering it on with stars.

I'm all for Obama bashing where appropriate, done a good share of it myself... But this is so far over the top that it is disturbing.

How far we've come, or gone that people can hate that much.

Odd sign of the times and sentiment I suppose, it seems like yesterday people were making similar jokes about Bush.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac
Locked down for the 2nd time in three days? Can someone please tell of the first matter.
A man followed a motorcade that contained President Obama's daughters through a barrier that he wasn't meant to go through.

OK, thankyou.Hadn't Heard of this

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Wow, someone openly joking about using a nuke on the Whitehouse and people cheering it on with stars.

I'm all for Obama bashing where appropriate, done a good share of it myself... But this is so far over the top that it is disturbing.

How far we've come, or gone that people can hate that much.

Odd sign of the times and sentiment I suppose, it seems like yesterday people were making similar jokes about Bush.

Well said my friend
This is how I probably should have came across in my first response, but I was pretty fired up right after I first read it.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: MessageforAll
Nuclear suitcase... Nuclear suitcase... *crosses fingers*

You know the tactical ones, with a range of well... The Oval office

Im sorry but this has got to be the STUPIDEST comment I have ever seen! Are you advocating the use of a nuclear device not only being used, but thrown at the oval office? Disagree with the government all you want, (hell, I dont like Obama either), but to wish for a nuclear device to not only be used in general, but especially against the president, ON AMERICAN SOIL, you sir, made a HUGE mistake. I would expect some kind of visit from government cronies anytime now. These kind of idiotic comments, should not be used in a public forum, if at all. Honestly, makes you no better that the criminals you are verbally attacking. Good luck

You think he was serious ?

Should have been a drone,if potus can even kill Americans in another country with no trial it's only fitting any American could serve him the same treatment

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
How many secret service agents does it take to identify a beach ball?

As many as you see standing around the foreign objects that were just thrown over, scratching their heads, wondering when plastic inflatable toys started being manufactured in an array of colors.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Funny how the those who think they are the most powerful in the world ..are the most s^%t scared of all! ..someone so much as farts around the white house ..and they go in lock down ROFL ..!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's is just the same amount of BS coming over the fence from inside the gates.....

People are just tossing it back.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

Good deal.

Des

Cheers - Dave

There comes another one. I as many could have assumed the job
of popping the colonies was pretty much complete when the White
House was burned to a bent matchstick. Now if I could direct your
pyrotechnic expertise toward Wall St. I'll hold your coat, mate.
And watch how you spell them up above 54-40.. it hurts when ye awaken.

You think so?

I should warn you that Washington DC is full of people with illegally obtained firearms. And the proximity of DC to other areas full of people with illegally obtained firearms. Unless you offer them higher welfare benefits, I don't see you doing too much damage.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

White House on lockdown, suspicious items thrown over fence

Must have been a couple copies of the constitution.

That would make em panic.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's probably Kerry throwing someone else's medals over the fence again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join