It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: White House on lockdown, suspicious items thrown over fence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

My god, i don't know what got into your pants but lighten up man. The thread is a joke, every comments is a joke, including mine,

Yeah... I was also dead serious about the squirrel with the "lazurs".

These kind of idiotic comments, should not be used in a public forum

... ... ...

I had this great comment lined up, something with American hypocrisy, but on second thought... honestly... cheer up mate.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Cigarette butts.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

lol, make sure you have plenty of cold beverages, and cookies available, for when the secret service comes to question you..

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
How boring. A cassette tape and miscellaneous papers. source

At least it could have been a copy of the Constitution so they could have called it terrorist propaganda leaflets.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Alright I'll lighten up

-but know that we are in some tedious times right now. With Russia and this Ukraine thing, I don't know how many here remember the cold war, what's going on right now (imo) is a lot more dire.
With Russia holding tactical nuclear drills, I'm not saying they're bent on nuking but things can happen. you know?

anyways happy happy....

no nukes!

...happy

edit on 8-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
How boring. A cassette tape and miscellaneous papers. source

At least it could have been a copy of the Constitution so they could have called it terrorist propaganda leaflets.

Cassette? Who uses them anymore?

Maybe it was a taped interview of a government official and the transcripts of an interrogation?

If there is one cassette, someone was surely smart enough to make a copy.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
My brother age 8 at the time threw a ball over the white house fence. A ninja secret service agent climbed down from a tree and returned it to us. This was 20 years ago

Now day they would likley shot him and detain you and torture you for being enemy combatents

edit on 8-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Hmmmm...I'm selling cassettes on eBay...Ssshhhhhhh!

No seriously I am!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They have really fallen in love with that "lock-down" concept these days, haven't they? A couple items get throw over the outer perimeter fence of the most secure "public" building on the planet and they have to "lock-down" like kids in a classroom?

I wonder what we pay them for if this creates THAT severe a threat, hundreds of yards away at the main (reinforced and secured) building? I mean...short of nuclear hand grenades, requiring tech we don't have yet...or some kind of chemical or infectious weapon (which lockdown will insure everyone stays in place to die from) I just don't get it.

Lock down schools.. Lock down businesses... lock down whole NEIGHBORHOODS...now it's lock down the White House over this?

How about lock-down the fear of our own shadows and the over-eager response to almost any form of break to the status quo. It's getting silly....but hey, another day, another lock-down. Who will it be tomorrow, I wonder?
edit on 8-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: KawRider9
Good deal.

Being locked down = not screwing something up!

Yes...now if they would only throw away the key, and nail the doors shut...we'll all breath a little better.

Des

Actually Des, they should just build a 200 foot solid wall around it.

Then you all can fill it with water ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Just invite us Brits and candians back to finnish the job of last time

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
They have really fallen in love with that "lock-down" concept these days, haven't they? A couple items get throw over the outer perimeter fence of the most secure "public" building on the planet and they have to "lock-down" like kids in a classroom?

I wonder what we pay them for if this creates THAT severe a threat, hundreds of yards away at the main (reinforced and secured) building? I mean...short of nuclear hand grenades, requiring tech we don't have yet...or some kind of chemical or infectious weapon (which lockdown will insure everyone stays in place to die from) I just don't get it.

Lock down schools.. Lock down businesses... lock down whole NEIGHBORHOODS...now it's lock down the White House over this?

How about lock-down the fear of our own shadows and the over-eager response to almost any form of break to the status quo. It's getting silly....but hey, another day, another lock-down. Who will it be tomorrow, I wonder?

FlyersFan posted that Dover Air Base was on lockdown as well today.

I don't think it is just coincidence that both places deeply connected are on lockdown the same day.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ewok, don't tempt us... If they keep feeding this pure culture of fear and uncertainty like food to a starving man, we might just take you up on it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Hmmmm...I'm selling cassettes on eBay...Ssshhhhhhh!

No seriously I am!

Rainbows
Jane

People still use cassette players?

I didn't realize.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Il go dust my redcoat off

Sad thing is I really do have a 1812 era redcoat!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: MessageforAll
Nuclear suitcase... Nuclear suitcase... *crosses fingers*

You know the tactical ones, with a range of well... The Oval office

Im sorry but this has got to be the STUPIDEST comment I have ever seen! Are you advocating the use of a nuclear device not only being used, but thrown at the oval office? Disagree with the government all you want, (hell, I dont like Obama either), but to wish for a nuclear device to not only be used in general, but especially against the president, ON AMERICAN SOIL, you sir, made a HUGE mistake. I would expect some kind of visit from government cronies anytime now. These kind of idiotic comments, should not be used in a public forum, if at all. Honestly, makes you no better that the criminals you are verbally attacking. Good luck

Causeyou know free speach and all is illegal....o wait.

Plus what makes the US presidents life any more valuble than any other American.

He probably got the most replaceable job going!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw that right after I posted here, wondering what they'd panic to lock down next.

Silly me.. I should have known that was a stupid question. (sigh)

I do recall a time when these things, if they happened at all, were NOT made into press releases for all 50 states of the Union and wider world beyond to fret and wonder about. Local news was local news and regional, regional. Now? Well.. If it fits criteria to the points Media seek to push? It can be local to a neighborhood but lead headlines from Cancun to Calcutta within moments..and frequently seems to. A culture of fear...and I fear it's getting absurd.

@Ewok

LOL.... Now why doesn't that surprise me a bit?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Heres an update all.

Evan J. Graham and Vaughn Greenbrier Lerriche are charged with "throwing object-missiles."

Graham threw a cassette tape over the north fence. He was taken to George Washington University Hospital after complaining of a medical issue during questioning. D.C. police will then take him in for processing.

Lerriche threw miscellaneous papers over the south fence and has already been taken in for processing.

www.nbcwashington.com...

Is that how hard it is to address the government these days? Is that the only option to actually get a word in edge wise? Either protest at a meeting (and get arrested) or throw letters and tapes over the fence… and get arrested.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Indeed, the "terrorists" won, didn't they? It's been nearly 15 years since the last big alleged terrorist attack by some guys with box-cutters, and the country appears to be in a state of incredible fear and paranoia like never before. White House on "lock-down" over some trash thrown over a fence. SMH.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yeah, I saw that right after I posted here, wondering what they'd panic to lock down next.

Silly me.. I should have known that was a stupid question. (sigh)

I do recall a time when these things, if they happened at all, were NOT made into press releases for all 50 states of the Union and wider world beyond to fret and wonder about. Local news was local news and regional, regional. Now? Well.. If it fits criteria to the points Media seek to push? It can be local to a neighborhood but lead headlines from Cancun to Calcutta within moments..and frequently seems to. A culture of fear...and I fear it's getting absurd.

@Ewok

LOL.... Now why doesn't that surprise me a bit?

Yup colonal rank. Fancy dress costume but me being me made sure it was accurate down to the buttons!

To be fair I was thinking yankee civil war calvery officer next time, i do like that blue!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Stop poo stirring Crazy

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join