It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Taliban UFO" -Are we "hurting belief" in the the UFO phenomenon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
Let me see if I understand, you guys can't find one credible ufo report (video or eyewitness) yet you believe there is a reason to keep looking? Does that mean you are just being optimistic of something you claim has no credible proof? Are there any specific accounts you believe?

There's a big difference between "it hasn't happened" and "it can't happen". Plenty of reasonable people feel that extraterrestrial visitation will happen on Earth given enough time, but hasn't happened yet. If it does happen in our lifetimes, well, that's enough reason to check these forums every so often.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Those who fake UFO videos are down there with the ignorant hicks that slap on a pair of fake Bigfoot feet and go stomping ...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I agree with you but I think that anyone who makes a fake video and posts it online is nothing but a sad pathetic person who simply wants attention.
p reply to: canucks555

edit on 10/5/14 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
It is not the videos..it is the gullible believers that are willing to believe anything put out there.

The fake videos are being made because there is a group bright eyed believers that question nothing.

There are a ton on here.

This ^^.
I am a firm believer that ET UFOs exist, and there are a many credible witness accounts and documents that point to this and even a handful of pics/vids that may be legit.

However, there are people out there who will see bird UFOs, rock bunnies, and fully debunked (admitted CGI) UFOs that can't be swayed in any way shape or form. I have argued before with people who should know better about how much this hurts the legitimate research in this area, and the conclusion I have come to is that there is just a large population of people who have no ability to perform due diligence coupled with a very strong desire for attention. I truly think that they literally can't discern details and lack critical thinking skills that drive many of us to dig through the obvious.

This is not to say that there is some infallible way to separate fact from fiction, but when someone posts the original video dated three years prior (general example), and there is no UFO, it's over. Done. Move along. It's not a conspiracy cover-up.

To these people, if it flies through the air on film or picture, it must be a UFO and there are plenty of revenue seekers willing to post junk for these people to link to.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Let me see if I understand, you guys can't find one credible ufo report (video or eyewitness) yet you believe there is a reason to keep looking? Does that mean you are just being optimistic of something you claim has no credible proof? Are there any specific accounts you believe?

Please describe what you would consider credible eyewitness testimony. You have claimed that none exist, yet what are your standards for credible?

There are also people like yourself who would accept no evidence in any form short of being abducted. You have to be pretty closed-minded to discredit 100% of the countless eyewitness testimony from extremely credible sources like pilots and high-ranking military officers, mass-sightings, polygraphed witnesses. To say that 100% of that is not credible shows the other extreme.

Just basing this off your statement of " ...can't find one credible ufo report (video or eyewitness)..."

Credible does not mean infallible. It just means that the eyewitness likely saw something that was similar to their claim and is likely not lying. Pictures/Vids aside, I really think you have to be pretty closed-minded to think that not one credible eyewitness testimony is out there or your standards for credibility are beyond anything that is possible.
edit on 10-5-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: conundrummer

what do you mean "given enough time"? how much time do you need? the universe has existed how long? the details and characters change from culture to culture and I think that is because of language but it is proof that people have been interacting with them for a long time. I think it's difficult to look at the nature of these accounts and make sense out of it. just because it doesn't make sense to some people that doesn't make it improbable. there definitely WERE times of interaction and I'm leaning toward the idea that the interaction hasn't stopped, but instead they are staying behind the curtain sort of like taking off the training wheels. they've always had "spies" or emissaries walking around down here and every once in a while they stand out and influence people down here on Earth. Maybe every so often they come out of the closet to clean house? I think they're trying to get us to grow up and stop destroying our environment. they're saying "hey look you guys there is something else out here but first you have learn how to #1 not destroy your biosphere because they are very important and #2 you have to learn how to live with other kinds of people some of whom are way smarter than you so get off your high horse" Hopefully they will next give us a technology upgrade and we can advance to a Type 1 civilization on the Kardashev scale. But with this new ability to survive as a species and thrive without destroying and poisoning our ecosystem comes a big responsibility and maybe we DO get judged in a way and put back to square one every couple hundred thousand years or so in order to start over and get it right the next time?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede
my comment was directed at conundrummer who is in the- we haven't been contacted yet- school. I believe we HAVE been contacted and it usually happens on an individual basis but sometimes on a grand scale.

I agree with you about closed-mindedness. enjoy my you tube channel lol www.youtube.com...

that video is in defense of why I believe the object I recorded is not conventional balloons not to mention I saw the exact same object about a month earlier and after that sighting carried my recorder around everywhere. I even told a friend about the first sighting, the difference between the first one and this one I recorded is the first one was moving below the clouds steady from N to S. This one was going from W to E hazy hot humid late in the afternoon so the direction of the sunlight is very important to keep in mind when trying to figure this object out. and please anyone spare me the "partially deflated balloon" theory www.youtube.com...

here's a crop circle a year earlier almost to the day www.temporarytemples.co.uk... it is #30
edit on 10-5-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Of course they are a disservice. The fringe is self defeating, those who take any video they find on youtube and run with it without being skeptical are enabling those behind the cover up. Critical thinking is crutial when it comes to ufology. I myself became desensitized and lost interest in the subject, one i use to be passionate about thanks to the hoaxters charalans and ilk of blind faith alone making the subject in to a circus. For many of them it is a belief system, they practice religiously despite any investagation or looking at the data itself.

This is why when governments around the world released all that documentation these past few years went ignored. It showed that there is fact a phenomena with physical evidence with a driving intelligence taking place for nearly a century. Yet we have been inundated with disinfo, endless CGI on youtube , opprotunists like Steve Greer taking ufology for a ride lining his pockets. A day late and a dollar short. I find myself back to square one , after 3 decades research in my rec time. Still the idea is inriguing we are being visited by another intelligence but i dont know what that is nor will i ever know. Thats how they want to keep it that way "people in the know" they need not send a team out to shut people up they have the fringe to muddle the waters and distract those away from the real cases.

edit on 10-5-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I wouldn't be surprised if someone who hosts one of those hoax video pages like thirdphaseofmoon or whatever sets up bs accounts here just to start threads with the hoaxed video just so people will link to their stupid site and give them ad money

Oh that Blake Cousins he is quite the snake oil salesman. Every video he does he sounds like a late night infomercial. He should go in to telemarketing . He comes off like a salesman selling a useless product. That product being hoax videos and phone calls from mentaly unsound people to pass it off as "disclosure" and youtube always pushes its fringe partners on to viewers in the suggestion section. Crack pots and partners like montagraph and dutchsince that manufacture disinfo faking news then sell it because people buy fear and fear cost nothing to manufacture same goes for fake ufo videos. Apple even has apps for hoaxing ufo photos and many will think it is the genuine thing. Disinfo is selling like hot cakes on the interwebs these days.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer

There's a big difference between "it hasn't happened" and "it can't happen". Plenty of reasonable people feel that extraterrestrial visitation will happen on Earth given enough time,but hasn't happened yet. If it does happen in our lifetimes, well, that's enough reason to check these forums every so often.

Umm i would not be so sure about that, i am hesitant to call them ET but ..... Notice the elephant in the room

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
At the heart of it all is the CGI artist. In the end it has to do with them, yes, but this thread wasn't directed at the CGI artists.
It's directed at the people on ATS that think we should all be in the "know" every time an obvious is obvious fake video is posted.
It makes me seethe when someone posts obvious bunk, but I don't know whether to pity them because they have absolutely no clue, or chastise them because they know it's bunk and are just trying to get a reaction out of us.
-I understand if it's a young person, that's fine, but adults posting obvious garbage? Grow up!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

I know ufo exists I have seen one once in enough detail to know they are true.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

that's cgi for sure.

note: sarcasm

and now more seriously, what is holding you back from full acceptance that we are past the point of disclosure? that's that slippery slope once you go there anything is possible and that scares a lot of people. I just trust in goodness being a ubiquitous virtue overall and trust that so far it's only US that we have to fear.

I've seen several and have some damn great footage when watched in better quality like 50" lcd and plasma tv. Anyone who discredits my footage on poor quality is making a mistake because when you see this one there is a lot of detail and high strangeness to it. It was at a point in time when I was seeing a lot of them and took so much footage of things in the sky my family started giving me strange looks. I even made another youtube channel on that particular type of object (not typical saucer shape) called the Amorphous Creature where I did balloon comparison experiments in similar conditions but for some reason the "debunkers" didn't care to talk about that part and how it clearly shows this thing is not a balloon or a couple balloons tied together. I even posted the raw file at two different file sharing sites and barely got a reaction from the "experts" ( don't worry Springer I won't bring up that story about how you even bragged about passing along the footage to some other "expert in the field" for analysis and then just kinda forgot about it). The footage I've personally recorded on my channels are mainly geared at presenting a skeptical point of view showing how some things can be mistaken for ufos (I have a great one of a glider which at first for a few seconds would've swore to be a ufo and could be easily mistaken for one). And even how some could be faked like the one mufonhq's zig-zagging ufo. He claimed to be an "expert" and had the lamest footage and all these little dirtbag friends..... that's another story in itself for another time lol.

(my wife is totally not even interested in this subject. isn't she in for a surprise? she loves me though and is a fantastic mother and wife and my mission in life is to keep her laughing. happy mother's day to everyone who has a mother)
edit on 11-5-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

what do you mean "given enough time"? how much time do you need? the universe has existed how long?

As much time as it takes for an ET to get here. How much time do you need for that? I dunno, we're on a planet a few billion years old and we haven't developed that tech yet, nor have we been able to spot life elsewhere on exoplanets.

We don't know how much "time you need".

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
The new age movement which has evolved in last 15 years has hurt ufology.

Oh, this kind of stuff has been going on since the 1950s with all the Space Brothers nonsense and meetings at Big Rock. Like everything else in the UFO field, there's nothing new.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

you're the one who mentioned time

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

that's cgi for sure.

Just how do y'all know it's CGI?

While I agree that the probability is very high on this, I don't really see it as all that different from other cases where the "CGI" aspect is less obvious.

So again; How do you know?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

you're the one who mentioned time

And?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

that's cgi for sure.

Just how do y'all know it's CGI?

While I agree that the probability is very high on this, I don't really see it as all that different from other cases where the "CGI" aspect is less obvious.

So again; How do you know?

-----------------------

That's kinda my point. If you view a video that shows a ufo with Snoopy tailing it on his dog house it's pretty damn obvious that it's a fake.
"But how do you know it's a fake??"
-just use some common sense.

Did you see the taliban ufo? You're willing to bet money that it's even 1% genuine? How about .0001% real?
-I highly doubt that.

If you think it's fake then do us all a favor and don't post it.

edit on 20-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

"But how do you know it's a fake??"
-just use some common sense.

"Common sense?!" Okay; quantify that!

Sorry man, that response doesn't feed the bulldog! What is commonsense for One is BS for another...so, can we have some a wee bit more definite, quantifiable, scientific.

And, Yes I've seen it...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join