It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: How concerned are you about "Global Warming"?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
You obviously know more about climate than the majority of climatologists. You should consider a new job?

Also funny the only scientists using the same argument as you are all paid by the energy industry.

There was a time conspiracy theorists would pick the good side in their combats. Now they just want to contradict for the sake of it.

I bet 50 years ago you would side with the doctors saying cigarettes or asbestos are totally healthy and that they had studies to prove it.

No, because I am able to tell facts from lies. These "climatologists" have been caught lies, more than once. They have zero credibility.

I contradict because I know a scare tactic when I see one, and that is what "global warming/climate change" is. It's a mechanism used to control people, and it's pretty effective.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Keep your blinkers on then.
Good job many around the world agree with the science and want to do something about it.
Climate change is happening but please continue putting your head in the sand and just believe in fairy ghosts instead eh?.

It's called "weather". Weather goes through cycles. The "science" has been shown to be manipulated and flat our fraudulent too often for me to give it any credence.

"Fairy ghosts"? Never heard of such a thing.

There is a huge difference between climate and weather, you admitting that you don't know this speaks volumes.

I said climate change is called weather, not climate alone. You are about as accurate as the data they offer to "prove" this nonsense theory.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Nope.
Don't care about it actually.

But the ongoing rising CO2 levels because of us is a very different story. Especially knowing there's no realistic way to tackle this issue.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

The global average temperatures have risen the past decades. Hard fact.

The global average tempareature has been doing dramatic ups and dramatic downs for hundreds of thousands of years. This is hard fact, not cherry-picking on Earth's last decades, but instead considering a more complete picture of the Earth's geological history.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe you should read more on the subject?

Maybe you should do what you preach, eh?

Nothing you said contradicts my post the slightest.

I specifically said it's a fact that temperatures are currently on the rise but we are not sure of the exact cause.

What you posted above basically proves my point.

Anyone saying there is no warming is lying. The only thing we are unsure is whether it's the result of CO2 levels.

Thanks for proving my point and showing you did not understood what I posted.

It's also funny you quoted all my post excepted the part I explained the above, shows how much shills are used to manipulating people by selectively picking the arguments they answer to.

Finally, what you don't seem to get is that in the past, the CO2 spikes and current warming were caused by natural events like volcanic eruptions. Unlike now where the CO2 levels remained steady or increasing for decades, because of human activity. So we DO have a role in the current warming, even if it happened naturally in the past.

If your only argument is "warming already happened cyclically the last 400.000 years", it doesn't mean:
- it did not impact the humans living at that time
- we play no role in the current wave.
edit on 15-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I contradict because I know a scare tactic when I see one, and that is what "global warming/climate change" is. It's a mechanism used to control people, and it's pretty effective.

No it's not.

All the big powers have refused to sign any treaty regarding global warming.

If it's a scare tactic coming from the political powers, it's a miserable failure. Nothing has changed as proven by this poll showing how much most Americans don't care the slightest about global warming or even CO2 levels.

If anything, the US government always said they are against any regulation of CO2 levels. So your point is incorrect.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Good job many around the world agree with the science and want to do something about it.
Climate change is happening but please continue putting your head in the sand and just believe in fairy ghosts instead eh?.

It's called "weather". Weather goes through cycles. The "science" has been shown to be manipulated and flat our fraudulent too often for me to give it any credence.

There is a huge difference between climate and weather, you admitting that you don't know this speaks volumes.

I said climate change is called weather, not climate alone. You are about as accurate as the data they offer to "prove" this nonsense theory.

What qualifications do you have to label this as nonsense? All you have is fox news am radio talking heads and oil industry researchers. 97% of all scientist say this is true, but you claim nonsense. Taking this stance will get you lots of stars, but what kind of world are you leaving to the future generations?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

What qualifications do you have to label this as nonsense? All you have is fox news am radio talking heads and oil industry researchers. 97% of all scientist say this is true, but you claim nonsense. Taking this stance will get you lots of stars, but what kind of world are you leaving to the future generations?

97% of ALL scientist?
I would love for anyone to prove those numbers.

I can see from the poll that most people are not concerned about global warming.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Global warming? What is that? Even msm doesnt use the term anymore but climate change.

And why would i bother with climate change? It is inevitable so why stress over it? Whatever scientists think they can do, they will never truly bend nature to their will. Wait and see. Many civilizations were destroyed in the past because of cyclic cataclisms, called climate change. And we are at the verge of one of those, aint it more like a blessing to be able to see it happening within one lifetime? The current times are crazy for more reasons than one can count. And the current climate changes are a major one.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So the Globe= Earth and the average temps are still rising or warming so.. that says to me = Global Warming. Let's not play with words. If 97% of the smartest people in the world are telling me that the earth is warming due to man and our activities here. I'm going to listen to them over the windbags on talk radio and fox news. Do some research there are so many links, blogs articles etc with sources links about all of this on the internet. Do some research and don't keep drinking the Fossil fuel company Kool-aid.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This came across my Facebook feed this week...

Sums up perfectly the reality behind this globalist conspiracy being pushed by the agenda driven and their ilk.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I can see from the poll that most people are not concerned about global warming.

ATS poll.
So mainly Americans into conspiracy theory.

And it's sad to see that those very people who supposedly deny ignorance don't care the slightest the poorest nations will suffer increasing climate catastrophes.

Don't worry folks, your lifestyle won't have to change because some poor dudes face more floodings and hurricanes.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
This came across my Facebook feed this week...

Sums up perfectly the reality behind this globalist conspiracy being pushed by the agenda driven and their ilk.

Ramirez, the conservative (don't ask me to change anything) cartoonist.

How surprising

Also "globalist conspiracy" is like the poorest argument. How come neither the US, Russia or China never accepted to back the conspiracy?

Sounds like a very weak globalist conspiracy to me if they can't even get anything done...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So the real issues are rising sea levels and drought. Very hard to predict. But some cities could lose a lot of real estate with just 1 foot of sea level rise and we know what drought can do. Now think of all the refugees. Think of some of the poorest Asian and African countries and the millions of refugees. Then think of the better of countries. What happens when a couple of hundred thousand refugees from New Orleans flood LA or Las Vegas. What happens to housing prices in Miami and New York. The price of food and Gas and Oil. Carbon Taxes are going to be the least of your fears. You're going to wish you had some solar power then and some electric cars then or cars with higher gas mileage then, right?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Do you really believe global temperatures are declining as is written in this comic?

If so, that's absolutely hilarious and misguided.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So the real issues are rising sea levels and drought. Very hard to predict. But some cities could lose a lot of real estate with just 1 foot of sea level rise and we know what drought can do. Now think of all the refugees. Think of some of the poorest Asian and African countries and the millions of refugees. Then think of the better of countries. What happens when a couple of hundred thousand refugees from New Orleans flood LA or Las Vegas. What happens to housing prices in Miami and New York. The price of food and Gas and Oil. Carbon Taxes are going to be the least of your fears. You're going to wish you had some solar power then and some electric cars then or cars with higher gas mileage then, right?

Yeah and you've got to love when the US are all like "we need more energetic independence" (good idea) and the people here are like "there is a conspiracy to go for renewable energies!!! we can keep using oil and gas!!!"

The level of cognitive dissonance is astoundishing.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yeah and you've got to love when the US are all like "we need more energetic independence" (good idea) and the people here are like "there is a conspiracy to go for renewable energies!!! we can keep using oil and gas!!!"

Right! Even if you are die hard against Man Made Global Warming, how can you be against more renewable energy sources?? Or higher mileage cars? Less dependence on Foreign oil?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Right! Even if you are die hard against Man Made Global Warming, how can you be against more renewable energy sources?? Or higher mileage cars? Less dependence on Foreign oil?

You can if you are a shill for big oil and SUV manufacturers. That's why.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Do you really believe global temperatures are declining as is written in this comic?

If so, that's absolutely hilarious and misguided.

What? You mean the scratched out "GLOBAL COOLING?" That was what the same climatologists that are pushing the AGW agenda were running with in the 70s. It isn't my theory at all.

That said, how 'bout that winter the Lower 48 just had? :rolleyes: It's called "weather" and it changes just as it has since long before man ever stepped his first easily manipulated, easily scared foot onto the planet.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What? You mean the scratched out "GLOBAL COOLING?" That was what the same climatologists that are pushing the AGW agenda were running with in the 70s. It isn't my theory at all.

That said, how 'bout that winter the Lower 48 just had? :rolleyes: It's called "weather" and it changes just as it has since long before man ever stepped his first easily manipulated, easily scared foot onto the planet.

I'd thought it obvious what I referred to, but apparently not - look in the upper right corner of the comic:

An Inconvenient Truth: Global warming is not happening. Global temperatures are declining

Do you or do you not agree with this comic's statement?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Ever hear of coal? Ever hear of the Keystone pipeline? Why in the blue hell would anyone except for those with an agenda to push block the utilization of abundant, very efficient coal and natural gas in an effort to build more inefficient eyesores like windfarms and solar generators which actually do raise the ground temperature in their immediate vicinity?

We have enough coal in the US to run the country for the next 200 years... instead we're selling the stuff to China for pennies on the dollar because every attempt to build new clean coal fire plants in the US gets blocked by this nation's globalist lackey in charge.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join