It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual object photographed in Arizona sky

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Could it be an Arizona Butterfly in mid flight with both wings down swept?

...interesting Cirrus cloud formations in the background there

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Antoniastar
a reply to: htapath

Close-ups...

Very interesting. I'm working on a sci-fi novel and now my brain is itching. lol

It reminds me of the movie 'Pans Labyrinth' when Ofelia, at around minute 4:50, starts drawing a shape with chalk to make a door to escape a cyclops, a door (or window) that's not there to begin with.

Sorry, but why apply "effects" to the photo? You've essentially just distorted the original image by applying them, so these edits shouldn't really be used to identify the object (bird).

I'm not trying to be rude, btw. Not at all. I believe you have the best intentions, just not the right software.

Hi OSI,

The reason that I apply effects is to accentuate certain aspects of the image that I wish to further investigate and extrapolate etc etc. but they are not meant to detract or replace the OP's original image in any way, shape of form (not that you implied as much). I advise against using my edits to judge for yourself the origin and nature of the original.

Yes, inevitably there will be distortion when adding photo effects with Google Picasa. However the pros outweigh the cons because I get to bring into focus things that I might not have otherwise noticed so it is worth my time and effort to do so. Sure I'd adore using better quality editing software and I will do so when it's becomes available.

In the meantime I'm having a ball creating new images from the original.

TTFN,

Toni

edit on AM5312014515am3031am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

just beamed down to be exact.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'm really glad that you're comfortable in yourself but your assertion that "Your conclusions, or anyone else's, don't affect me." sort of goes against the whole point of you starting this thread in the first place, does it not?

You asked for others opinions about what was shown in your photograph. Why would you do that if your mindset was that it was a photograph of an unexplained object?

We, collectively on this site, have stated that it is, in all likelihood, a bird.

If you wish to continue thinking it is something other then continue to think so.

You'll still be wrong.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye I was going with Rodan. Other then that I haven't a clue. Interesting though.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This guy has the answers.

But seriously, I agree about it being a bird flapping it's wings.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Bird perhaps, caught in the moment the wings flaps down.

Said the same thing in my head, then scrolled down and seen your post!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dead fly/bug/insect on the windshield. Explains why OP and passenger's couldn't see it. Camera focused on the black object against the backdrop of a blue sky, that to the camera is just a vast sea of nothingness. It needs to find something to focus on thus the dead bug on the windshield.

Same phenomenon occurs regarding 'orbs' we can't see them, so when a camera captures them it's supernatural. (it's not, it's airborne particles reflecting light 99% of the time - see below though for additional story)

Off topic:
Just an off topic post on orbs. We went on a ghost tour and were taking photos and having experiences throughout the night. We got to a stairwell in a haunted hotel and the tour guide is indicating an area with his hand where people say they see the ghost of a lady and where people often misstep and fall down the stairs. We took a picture and sure as spit there is a large orb basically in his hand and it appears to be casting its own light. More than the basic 'orbs' photos this thing actually appeared to have physical mass and be casting light. I have the picture somewhere i need to dig for it, I'll actually probably post a thread about it, be on the look out for it

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's very clear that it IS a bird. If not, it is some type of winged object with a downward flapping motion at the exact moment the photo was taken. The "faces" are simply our minds trying to make sense of the way the pixels are laid out. It's the same reason we can see faces in the trees/sky/wherever.

But, it's pretty clear that the OP has made up their mind and either A) Knows something we don't know about the photo and is waiting until someone notices what they want us to notice OR B) Just really, really, really, wants this to be an unidentified object so bad that they are willing to dismiss everyone else's opinions unless they match their own. The latter is my bet because of how the story progresses every time a logical dispute is made by someone else. Rather than give us the full story about who he has talked to etc, he is adding things in to deal with opinions he dislikes.

It's a bird. And I'm sorry, but you'll just have to deal with it OP. The distance and movement of the animal itself has distorted its own image slightly. Along with that, it's flying at an angle that buries its head in the blob of pixels.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i will also add my "it's a bird" comment. that would also explain why you didn't notice it. where i am there are large birds in the sky all the time (usually vultures). that's exactly what it looks like to me.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

Its not the mistakes that get pounced on. It is the absolute refusal to apply occams razor and simple logic.

I, for one, am a firm believer in ufos and aliens. I have had personal experiences.

That doesnt mean I am going dig my heels in at every piece of 'evidence' that comes along and refuse to see what it for what it is.

All of these 'false' ufos are far more damning to those searching for truth than anyone calling them out.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

Happy Saturday Toni! There is so much more to this world than what is visible on the surface. Being blessed with eyes to see through the facade can be challenging when walking amongst the blind. But the process of journeying inward requires these hurdles to be overcome, and an entirely different perspective blossoms within us. Sometimes a cloud isn't just water vapor carried on the wind.

As we peel away the layers of this earthly illusion, everything slowly changes as we build a bridge back to the greater reality from which we come. This realization dissolves time as we fully understand our purpose for being here. We all have guides who are eager to make thems known when everything is in its proper place. The urge to share these discoveries is strong, and the resulting difficulties are also tests within tests.

There are so many on this forum, and this world in general, who attack what they do not understand. This is really only an outward expression of the ongoing internal struggle. To have compassion for these individuals is also a requirement in order for us to exist in a state of forgiveness and appreciation. I know that almost everyone who reads this post will think it's all just hocus pocus, but the truth does not just go away and cower in the corner. Just like the object in the photo; it is what it is. Nothing can change that. Why would anyone want to change it, anyway? Just because one refuses to explore this reality with an open mind doesn't affect what might be discovered for another individual.

Your words strike a chord within me and I'm very grateful that our paths have met in this way. We all seek peace ultimately, and yes we all find it eventually. After the great struggle, making it home is a great release.

I've rambled enough. Much love and grace to all today!

edit on 10/5/2014 by htapath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What does all that have to do with a photo of a bird?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Could it be a giant bat?

www.freakingnews.com...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boston1023
this just went into a full blown tin foil hat zone with OP's summoning post.

Well I hope your hat is a good snug fit, because you would not want anything to penetrate and change your world view. That could be tragic!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
All talk of non localised electromagnetic anomalies aside, if we list in the order from most probable explanation to least probable, perhaps this would be a useful exercise.

Bird, plastic bag, kite, random floating detritus, drone, alien bird, alien being, alien spacecraft, interdimensional wormhole with interdimensional being emerging.

Which end of this list is the most probable explanation, and which end the least?

How likely is it that you were the one sperm cell that penetrated the egg? The most likely scenario is that you do not even exist. Yet here we all are, against all odds. Apply this to everything and a new set of possibilities can emerge.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

There was no fear or anxiety on my part; only curiosity and amazement. The location is on the Navajo Indian Reservation within a stone's throw of the Little Colorado River. Highway 2 ends right there, and I was sitting at the stop sign. Leupp, Arizona. You should be able to find it on Google earth easily. Whether or not the area will be blurred out, I can't say.

A Hopi friend also caught something similar on an image a couple of days later in the same location. He was pretty excited.

Stepping out for a while to mingle with the wonderful people of Flagstaff.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It looks to me like a giant butterfly, well I say giant
because in the first picture the object is obviously
pretty high up.

I'm not ridiculing the post. I absolutely believe
in flying saucers and e.t. craft.

I guess I have to go with what others are saying;
a bird, it's just the shape of the wings appear more like a butterfly.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hey OP

I've just read through this thread thanks for sharing.I know a lot of people on this site like to play ultra skeptics,well thats fine of coarse, critical thinking needs employing, but we also need to make that leap sometimes,because what is assumed by some as the pinnacle of understanding,is far from the truth (which is beyond comprehension i imagine)

After reading what both sides of this debate have offered i can say that no one can prove 100 percent that it is a bird,but also at the same time we cannot declare it is a UFO, based on what we have.

I personally would not discredit the photo you have provided, as being a UFO, just because it is of a composition that is not familiar to 'what we are used to' i have seen for myself on many occasions UFOs in the traditional saucer form,cigar form,morphing,orbs and the 'oddly shaped' catagory.I want to start a thread actually about these experiences and see what experiences others have had.

It is a shame you didn't see it at the time.I was wondering if it was static in the air? I assume there was no sound familiar with any crafts/planes etc, otherwise you would have said so, i guess?

It's true you can lose a perspective when viewing objects of all sorts in the sky.I would say whatever it is,it may be a few thousand feet altitude? it's hard to tell..The craft could potentially be a decent size though,also have you ever had any previous UFO experiences?

One last thing i'll mention is that there seems to be a catagory of UFO (i may have seen this once or twice) that i would describe as an 'entity' whether they may be biological or a craft? or like others have suggested an interdimensional entity etc? well the jurys out on that.There is a guy posting on DTV that has been filming many of these morphing entities regularly.He seems decent and geniune as well,not suprisingly He got slammed as seems to be the case on these threads frequently and given the weather balloon retort incidentally.

Anyways cool thread OP!!

Good Evening peeps

edit on 10-5-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seancwolfe
Dead fly/bug/insect on the windshield. Explains why OP and passenger's couldn't see it. Camera focused on the black object against the backdrop of a blue sky, that to the camera is just a vast sea of nothingness. It needs to find something to focus on thus the dead bug on the windshield.

Same phenomenon occurs regarding 'orbs' we can't see them, so when a camera captures them it's supernatural. (it's not, it's airborne particles reflecting light 99% of the time - see below though for additional story)

Off topic:
Just an off topic post on orbs. We went on a ghost tour and were taking photos and having experiences throughout the night. We got to a stairwell in a haunted hotel and the tour guide is indicating an area with his hand where people say they see the ghost of a lady and where people often misstep and fall down the stairs. We took a picture and sure as spit there is a large orb basically in his hand and it appears to be casting its own light. More than the basic 'orbs' photos this thing actually appeared to have physical mass and be casting light. I have the picture somewhere i need to dig for it, I'll actually probably post a thread about it, be on the look out for it

Nice try, but the picture was taken from the driver's side of the car with the window rolled down. There was not any glass there on which a bug could be stuck. I would suggest focussing on the object instead of objecting to its existence.

As for the orbs, the image I posted with the orbs earlier in this thread has an interesting story behind it. Suffice to say, they are not dust particles. But you might have already figured as much.

Post your pic on this thread if you find it.
edit on 10/5/2014 by htapath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join