It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual object photographed in Arizona sky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gavron

originally posted by: htapath

The chances of capturing an oddly colored and shaped bird that nobody saw with its wings on a perfect downstroke is not highly probable.

How is that an oddly colored bird? You DO live here in Arizona, right? My god, that could be any of a NUMBER of birds here.

That being said, from someone who has lived in Arizona over 40 years, it is just a bird.

Let's not get overly emotional over the differences in our perspectives, gavron. If I thought for one minute that the object in question was indeed a bird, then this thread would not exist. The purpose of this thread is to share something that I feel is significant. I did not expect that everyone would see the same things as I do in the image.

Maybe we can just agree that the clouds in the image look unusual, and leave it at that.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Again, this is no bird in my honest and sincere opinion. A kite is even more laughable.

Really? Why do you say that?

They can look like birds or the object above when flying. What I find laughable is your want to ignore mundane explanations in favor of..... what exactly do you want this to be?

edit on 9-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It doesn't look much like a real bird up close, and it has too many angular edges, totally unnatural for a bird..

It has odd markings and a glowing effect or something in the very center of the back, like where a pusher prop would be placed.. But It doesn't look like a pusher prop up close..
Also, some symmetrical markings on the visible wing edge facing camera..

Look at how blocky it looks up close, I have never seen a bird looking like this hummer... Sure, it still has the possibility of being some kind of creature, but it's the nuttiest looking bird I have seen to date. And if it is a device, it is the wackiest looking contraption I have ever seen also...

And the light glowing equal distant glowing marks are odd.. Maybe this bird has a new type of propulsion and was meant to look like a bird... lol
this one is enhanced more, and the next is not enhanced except for being blown up in size.

Zoom in a bit and see a rod sticking straight up, plus a bump on top could be a radar dome.. I bet this sucker is a black project, but it sure looks funny. Maybe they figured it would be easy to deny that way.

Now if I wanted to just be a bird person, I wouldn't have investigated this like all the vocal bird people should have done, because looking at this closer is at least revealing some details that SHOULD NOT BE THERE. Instead of simply blowing off what does, at least upon a cursory view, appears as a bird.. Looking at it a bit more says maybe it it actually isn't. What is that round bump above the wing? And a rod sticking up, for instance.. Find a bird pic with a prop blur between the wings that is really a bird, and then maybe I would think it's a bird..Also, that is a funky looking head being snubbed and round like that.. Strange s*it goes across the skies of AZ, and it isn't the first time..
Over the years a few reports of a pterodactyl being seen in AZ too I think... Lol too strange.
edit on 9-5-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Again, this is no bird in my honest and sincere opinion. A kite is even more laughable.

They can look like birds or the object above when flying. What I find laughable is your want to ignore mundane explanations in favor of..... what exactly do you want this to be?

Only no wind, no line, and no "pilot" [it's close enough where they would appear in the photo].

Same reason I'm leaning away from airborne plastic bag... supposedly calm day. Assuming the OP was accurate in his description.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Bird? I'd say more of a moth or butterfly....but yeh...something like that. Birds are aerodynamically different than the shape this has...but moths and butterflies would fit almost perfectly.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: htapath

definitely looks like a flying bird on the down flap of wings.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The image has about as many pixels as an icon. Maybe it isn't a good representation of what was actually there. Lots of info is lost.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My best guess would be a turkey vulture, or maybe a black vulture.

link

edit on 9-5-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Those are Altocumulus clouds in your image which normally form from 6,500 to 20,000 feet. Given the amount of streaking in them (caused by high velocity upper level winds), these are closer towards the 20,000 feet area.

If the object in your picture is "as high as the clouds" as you say, and given the angle of your shot, then the object would have to be very massive, as it would also be quite far away.

Such a massive object, strangely shaped, flying around in the sky surely would end up having quite a bit of reporting on it, as it would be visible from many miles away.

In your OP, you state that you took the image in order to capture an image of the clouds, not the object, meaning that the object did not capture your attention (else I assume you would have taken as many pictures as possible and posted them).

IF in fact, this is a object that is "as high as the clouds" and would have to therefore be quite massive, and if not there long enough for you to notice, would have to be traveling at great speed......then the clouds themselves would be disturbed by the turbulence of such a massive object moving through or near them.

I'm not seeing any evidence of that in your image.

Why is it not possible for this object to be much smaller and closer? Why is it not possible for it to be a bird?

Pretty obvious that this image these are birds, but take a look at the one in the bottom right:

Down flap of the wings look very close to what is in your image. The angle of this shot shows us a bird with a long neck however.

But take a look at this next image:

Image of many birds flying and at different angles, some of which do not even look like a "bird"

Remember also that many birds are different: shapes are different, lack of tails or very long tails, wing shape, whether or not they fly with their necks tucked in.......

So if you and others put on your critical thinking cap:

Is this a very massive UFO flying around at high speed....that no one else saw or reported.......

Or did you happen to capture a bird flying by?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I would agree with Turkey Vulture. Just so everyone can see the coloring and how their wings bend when in mid flap, here is a reference image. Regardless.....it is a bird.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I don't want it to be anything other than what it is, JadeStar. There are aspects of this reality which cannot easily be explained or categorized. The mystery object is several magnitudes larger than a bird or a kite in my estimation.

Consider, for example, that the object could be 20+ miles away and 5000+ feet in the air. Also, I cannot overstate the fact that neither myself nor my passengers saw the object with our naked eyes.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't want it to be anything other than what it is, JadeStar. There are aspects of this reality which cannot easily be explained or categorized. The mystery object is several magnitudes larger than a bird or a kite in my estimation.

Consider, for example, that the object could be 20+ miles away and 5000+ feet in the air. Also, I cannot overstate the fact that neither myself nor my passengers saw the object with our naked eyes.

Are you reading the responses at all?

This was all addressed.

If neither you nor your passengers even noticed it how are you so convinced of its transcendental nature? You're technically not even an eyewitness, so your estimations of size and distance are no better than anyone else's who has seen the photo.
edit on 9-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alienreality

I'm also flabbergasted that so many posters continue to insist that the object is a bird. Did a memo go out or what? Who would want this information to be suppressed and why? Does this fit into the same category as the chemtrail cover-up and is there a direct connection?

What percentage of the posts on this forum originate from military bases? There appear to be groups of individuals who are tasked with marginalizing certain types of information. I won't be put into a box concerning any of these issues, and I will continue to hold the truth in the highest regard.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: Mianeye

Bird? I'd say more of a moth or butterfly....but yeh...something like that. Birds are aerodynamically different than the shape this has...but moths and butterflies would fit almost perfectly.

Can you post a link or an image that shows a moth or a butterfly with both of their wings pointing straight down? Also, if those are wings, how can they both be convex and still be functional?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: htapath

I'm also flabbergasted that so many posters continue to insist that the object is a bird.

Perhaps because it looks so much like a bird. That and the fact that you, and other people that were there at the time never noticed anything all points to it being a bird.

Or are you of the opinion that a (according to you) massive object in the sky would go unnoticed by you, and other people, when you were looking right at it?

It's much, much more likely that you didn't notice this object when you took the picture because it was just a bird and therefore nothing to take notice of. It's only when you later looked at the picture and you happened to catch it at just the right moment to where it looks weird that you found anything unusual.

By the way, according to weather records, the wind was blowing SW at 8.1 MPH on March 21, 2014. That's not a high wind, but isn't exactly what I would call a calm day either. Source - goo.gl...

Also, as someone else mentioned already, the fact that you didn't notice this at all while you were there means you don't have anymore information than anyone else re: it's distance from the camera. Yes, it could be 20 miles away and 5,000 feet in the air, but it's much more likely that it's 30 yards away and 50 feet in the air.
edit on 9-5-2014 by Pimpish because: Fix source URL

edit on 9-5-2014 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
100% a bird

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The image has about as many pixels as an icon. Maybe it isn't a good representation of what was actually there. Lots of info is lost.

The image is 1.64 megabytes.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A lot of strange things get airborne in Arizona. One day I watched a plastic children's wading pool spinning away several hundred feet in the air like some kind of UFO. On a hot day the thermal updrafts and dust devils can lift lots of strange things into the air here.

With that out of the way I would also like to say that our state is a genuine hot bed of unusual activity in the skies and this picture could easily represent some of that activity.
edit on 5-9-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for more genuine cajun spice.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

That's helpful information regarding the cloud formations.

I haven't implied that the object is moving at all. It appears to be stationary and not very aerodynamic. I see no evidence of forward motion. If I had to guess, the object appears to be two separate pieces which are side by side. The two parts also appear to be shaped in such a way that they are able to fit together and become one solid object.

Sometimes a digital image can show us things which our eyes cannot see.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I would agree with Turkey Vulture. Just so everyone can see the coloring and how their wings bend when in mid flap, here is a reference image. Regardless.....it is a bird.

If those are wings on the object, they are severely deformed. Two left wings flexing to the right, and showing no evidence of flapping. Where is the tail section?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join