It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual object photographed in Arizona sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Something like this, probably. At a slightly different angle:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: htapath

Bird perhaps, caught in the moment the wings flaps down.

Just the right size.
Can make out a head with beak.
Wings on a downward stroke.

I agree its a bird, also. Image was captured with the bird at an angle toward the camera, which is why the tail is not visible.

SNIP

I will keep an open mind, however. Perhaps someone who is on a computer will run this photo through some filters and offer up another perspective.

Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 5/8/2014 by Blaine91555 because: Insulting comment removed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak

originally posted by: htapath
a reply to: Mianeye

That would have to be an extremely large bird! Larger than a 747 in my estimation.

I don't know about that mate, the object in the picture looks like it could fit safely on the paved road where OP is taking the picture from. it looks no more than 4x bigger than the road sign below. that road sign would cover maybe 1 of a 747's passanger windows...

I am the OP and the author of the post that you quoted. If you are convinced that the object is a bird, then there is nothing else to discuss with you concerning this photo. The alleged road sign might also be a box that someone threw at just the right instant. And the supposed clouds could possibly be smoke wafting up from a small campfire. The chances of capturing an oddly colored and shaped bird that nobody saw with its wings on a perfect downstroke is not highly probable.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Something like this, probably. At a slightly different angle:

Right. Except the bird pic you posted is obviously a bird, without question. The object in question has no discernable feathers and looks solid, similar to floating chunks of earth. The clouds are in focus but the object is not. If the object was closer to the camera than the clouds, then there wouldn't be as much pixelation. This is just my opinion, of course.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Right. Except the bird pic you posted is obviously a bird, without question. The object in question has no discernable feathers and looks solid, similar to floating chunks of earth. The clouds are in focus but the object is not. If the object was closer to the camera than the clouds, then there wouldn't be as much pixelation. This is just my opinion, of course.

It's flying in the air. It has a very similar shape. It is also dark. Now if you want to quibble about how it's not exactly this thing, given the limitations of your camera and the various angles involved, then fine. "Here is a thing that is pretty similar to this other thing, but I'm convinced that the differences are enough to make it an entirely different thing."

So it's an alien or military drone with a shape that looks a lot like a flying bird. Congratulations.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Bird. This one is white and turned at a bit different angle but there is a similar shape.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hmmm? That sounds odd to me. How about you?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It's flying in the air. It has a very similar shape. It is also dark. Now if you want to quibble about how it's not exactly this thing, given the limitations of your camera and the various angles involved, then fine. "Here is a thing that is pretty similar to this other thing, but I'm convinced that the differences are enough to make it an entirely different thing."

So it's an alien or military drone with a shape that looks a lot like a flying bird. Congratulations.

I haven't offered up an answer as to what the object is, my friend. I am, however, of the opinion that the object is not any of the things you have suggested. I'm not in a competition, and I admit that I don't know WHAT it is exactly. The clouds in the image are oddly shaped for sure. The object is shaped similarly, and has qualities which are not consistent with anything I've seen up to this point in my experience.

Birds' bodies are proportional, and the object does not fit this criteria. Also, there is no apparent flapping motion happening. There is no discernable head, tail, or feathers on the object. These observations are unbiased and quite easy to verify from my viewpoint. I don't have an agenda, nor do I have any status to gain by swaying this discussion.

The Native Americans to whom I've shown this photo have not suggested that the object in question is a bird. Not even one of them has suggested exactly what the object might be with any certainty. Their ancestors have been in this area for over a thousand years, and they are closely connected with nature. I did my homework before creating this thread, you see. An open mind must be maintained; otherwise, new knowledge cannot be attained and applied.

This has been my stance from the outset of this thread, and this is also how I approach each experience in my daily life. Thank you for the discourse.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Looks like a large bird caught flapping, wings are bent, tips pointing down. My guess.

Edit: After seeing that pic a few posts ago, this is def a large bird. You can't see detail in your pic, for obvious reasons. More likely than aliens, govt., or a drone.

edit on 5/8/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow...

I am disappointed in ATS. I am the ONLY one who sees the two faces within the object? (Bright face right, dark face left).

That being said, I do not think it's an actual object caught on cameram I would guess it's a piece of something/dust/debris etc. within the camera.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hi htapath,

"Unusual" is right! Great catch! Nice timing, you were in the right place at the right time.

I'm gonna say that the object in the sky - that looks like a bird - is rip in our space-time fabric and that there is a face looking through the hole in the sky. Why not? I can't prove it so I get to speculate. If it is a face, the eyes appear to be positioned in front (see image #5), which might make it a predator instead of prey. The bird-shape is an adequate camouflage but the clouds are an eye-catcher. Notice the difference in the clouds in the images that I edited?

My question is why would someone want to peek into our space-time and why not do it over a busy metropolis?

Maybe the Matrix is failing?

Here is a screenshot of the object followed by some simple effects that I added using my desktop Google Picasa. All I did was add the effects that are already programmed into Picasa, I didn't touch these pix up in any other way except for maybe add light or shadow to bring into better focus/clarity without over-doing it to the point of manipulating the images or force them into what I see, etc. I tried to tamper with them as little as possible.

Did you notice the white-looking object on the side of the road? It's suspicious under the circumstances. At first I thought that it was a plant that's been covered to keep off winter frost and someone left it covered BUT there is no frost in Arizona that I'm aware of. Possibly it's a branch that someone covered cuz it was broken and they want it to heal? Or maybe it came out of the hole in the sky and it's shapeshifting to hide it's true identity? I know, I have an "over-active imagination" like a child.

There you have it for what it's worth. Feel free to share these pix freely without permission. You can credit me if you'd like, that would be nice, like this...images edited by Antoniastar.

Keep your eyes to the skies,

Toni

edit on PM5312014545pm0631pm by Antoniastar because: cuz there's no frost in Arizona and also the eyes are facing forward.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Wow...

I am disappointed in ATS. I am the ONLY one who sees the two faces within the object? (Bright face right, dark face left).

That being said, I do not think it's an actual object caught on cameram I would guess it's a piece of something/dust/debris etc. within the camera.

Most of the people to whom I've shown this image did see the 'white face' on the right. A few also mentioned the darker one. As for the lens being dirty, this is highly unlikely. I took another image of a different part of the sky just seconds after the first image. There were no anomalous objects present in the second photo.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Close-ups...

Very interesting. I'm working on a sci-fi novel and now my brain is itching. lol

It reminds me of the movie 'Pans Labyrinth' when Ofelia, at around minute 4:50, starts drawing a shape with chalk to make a door to escape a cyclops, a door (or window) that's not there to begin with.

edit on PM5312014516pm1631pm by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

Cha-ching! That's what I'm talking about Antoniastar! So nice of you to take the time to help us peer through the mask of this object(s). And no, I hadn't noticed the object on the ground at all! Kudos for that as well. There are no houses within two miles of that junction, so it's not a plant covering. Will have to meditate on that one heh.

As for the eye in the sky, it looks like the bird hypothesis has taken a tailspin. It's too bad that some members tend to make snap judgements on things that don't conform to the accepted normalcy bias. I say join the party and look around with a new set of eyes.

Anyway, this entire area is a sacred place where all kinds of energies are hanging around. Some things just have to be experienced first hand to gain a complete understanding. Grand Canyon is a good example, and it's not far from the photographed location. I could go on for pages along these lines. Suffice to say anyone who is on an inward path should visit this area for a few weeks. It's where serenity lives and fear dies.

I'm still no closer to putting a specific label on the object, I must profess. But I'm moderately confident that it's some type of non-local intelligent energy. Whether or not the anomalous object on the ground is directly related is beyond me.

Those little dots that outline the left side of the object are also very curious.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser! Thanks for the close ups and touch ups. I'm quite interested in the white thing on the ground, as well, and also the fact that the clouds were looking pretty unusual in the first place. Perhaps the thing in the sky was also interested in the thing on the ground...

I would not rule out a rip or vortex. The more I look, the more I think a bird would not have been flying just where the strange formations were formed in the clouds because it looks to my inexperienced eyes like those may have been caused by an interesting mix of down and up drafts.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Antoniastar

The close-ups are revealing, in that the object on the ground seems much more connected to the one in the sky. Did the camera catch something in transition, or is a transition occurring because the object sensed it was being digitally imaged? Questions, questions.

I will be more alert to the presence of these kinds of clouds from this point forward. When I took the picture, I felt the clouds were somehow looking back at me. I got goosebumps when I finally saw the object and it was dead center at the top of the photo.

Your participation in this thread is mucho apprecianado Toni!!!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I immediately thought "bird" as well...

A big bird, but a bird none the less.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antoniastar

Close-ups...

Very interesting. I'm working on a sci-fi novel and now my brain is itching. lol

It reminds me of the movie 'Pans Labyrinth' when Ofelia, at around minute 4:50, starts drawing a shape with chalk to make a door to escape a cyclops, a door (or window) that's not there to begin with.

Sorry, but why apply "effects" to the photo? You've essentially just distorted the original image by applying them, so these edits shouldn't really be used to identify the object (bird).

I'm not trying to be rude, btw. Not at all. I believe you have the best intentions, just not the right software.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The chances of capturing an oddly colored and shaped bird that nobody saw with its wings on a perfect downstroke is not highly probable.

How is that an oddly colored bird? You DO live here in Arizona, right? My god, that could be any of a NUMBER of birds here.

That being said, from someone who has lived in Arizona over 40 years, it is just a bird.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

The same can be said in regards to our perceptions and our awareness. We have the equivalent of filters in place that work much the same way. More to the point, most people wouldn't have even noticed the unusual clouds in the first place. Further, a minuscule percentage of the people who noticed them would have stopped to capture an image. As is evident by the replies in this thread, the vast majority see nothing special about this picture. Some see a face, some see more than one, and some see no face at all.

If applying a filter in order to see a different perspective is indeed distorting what is 'real', then who among us has the 'right' software? The object in question is what it is. Looking at it through a filter does not change what it is. To see from many perspectives is one of the best ways to learn.

I respectfully disagree with you on this issue, lovebeck. I don't know what the object is exactly, and neither do you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join