It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual object photographed in Arizona sky

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

That's strange, I edited my post before, but for some reason the edit was not applied, so I'll quickly restate;

I'm a teacher, and I did an informal poll of my class. They're English as a Second Language (ESL) students. I passed my iPad around the class with the image on it, and then got my students to write down what they thought they were seeing. Out of 12 students, 9 wrote down 'bird', 1 student thought it a plastic bag, 1 student said a piece of floating rubbish, and 1 student gave no reply.

I think Rob48's image is pretty conclusive, but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth. 14 pages of discussion on what is a largely unanimous conclusion, with the exception of the OP, and a few random posters.

I am still bewildered as to what the OP was trying to do with this thread, unless he was simply doing something that starts with 'T'.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
I am still bewildered as to what the OP was trying to do with this thread, unless he was simply doing something that starts with 'T'.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it isn't deliberate trolling. He could just be the type of person who latches onto an idea and won't be dissuaded no matter what.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: htapath
a reply to: lovebeck

The same can be said in regards to our perceptions and our awareness. We have the equivalent of filters in place that work much the same way. More to the point, most people wouldn't have even noticed the unusual clouds in the first place. Further, a minuscule percentage of the people who noticed them would have stopped to capture an image. As is evident by the replies in this thread, the vast majority see nothing special about this picture. Some see a face, some see more than one, and some see no face at all.

If applying a filter in order to see a different perspective is indeed distorting what is 'real', then who among us has the 'right' software? The object in question is what it is. Looking at it through a filter does not change what it is. To see from many perspectives is one of the best ways to learn.

I respectfully disagree with you on this issue, lovebeck. I don't know what the object is exactly, and neither do you.

This was wayyy back on page three, but I feel a need to respond to your comment. First of all, I know it is a bird. As for the photo editing, applying a filter to the photo does distort and change the photo. Regardless of how you try to spin it, it does change the photo because it no longer accurately represents the original image. Zooming, cropping, adding/decreasing contrast, raising up the shadows, curves, etc. are ways you could ENHANCE a photo of an unknown object, but applying generic filters is not.

You posted the photo of a large dark colored bird in the aliens and ufos forum...As many respected ATS members have pointed out, the picture in the OP is neither an alien, nor a ufo. It's a bird. A BIRD. We have all sorts of vultures flying around where I live. In fact, two come back every spring to hang out in the woods behind my house. I've seen them flying, walking, squaking, you name it. That is a photo of some sort of vulture, period.

When you apply "artistic" filters to any photo, you distort and change the original image. That is what you did to the image you posted here in order to, well actually, I am not sure what you wanted or expected by posting it. Anyhow, applying filters does, in fact, diminish the integrity of the image. Anyone with even a minimal amount of photo/graphic editing knowledge will tell you this.

Idk if you felt the filters made the bird morph into some sort of unknown object, but that is what many would call "photoshopping" or if done in video format, CGI. Photoshopping and CGI do more harm than anything when it comes to unknown phenomena.

You claim that seeing from many perspectives is one of the best ways to learn, but you're not practicing what you're preaching. You want to fuss and argue with those of us who have tried to respectfully (and patiently) explain to you that it is a bird. Isn't that why you posted the photo here to begin with, to hear what other members have to say? Or are you only interested in those opinions that somehow support your claims that the object is some sort of alien space craft?

Idk why are unable to accept this, but it's a bird. If you had a better camera with a decent zoom lens it would have been a decent shot, of a bird in flight.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This thread got murdered by shills!

With that said, it honestly doesn't look like a bird to me.

The "wings"are pointed straight down.

From calling it a bird, to trash, to chastising OP over a filter, to accusations of altering the image.. among many other things.. I'd say you photographed something important.

No offense to anybody who thinks otherwise.
edit on Wednesday2014vAmerica/ChicagoxWednesday0130331 by loveXlight because: misspelled werd

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveXlight

With that said, it honestly doesn't look like a bird to me.

From calling it a bird, to trash, to chastising OP over a filter, to accusations of altering the image.. among many other things.. I'd say you photographed something important.

Yeah, cuz birds wings don't ever point down [funny how you can identify them as "such" in a particular position].

And shills? Really?

Yeah, we all got emailed by TPTB that some anonymous guy will be posting a photo of what looks like a bird in flight as a "very unusual object" on a UFO/Aliens forum, and if we posted that it was what it looked like [a bird] we would all be paid for our efforts.

Love and light to you too.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Did you get your cheque?

They promised me a thousand bucks if I said it was a bird, but nothing, nada, and zilch. I emailed them, and they said it's in the post (the cheque). Which post? There are thousands on ATS, and the search function's not showing my money anywhere.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You're not supposed to tell them that, Drak!!!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

They promised me a thousand bucks if I said it was a bird, but nothing, nada, and zilch.

So do you think its a UFO now?

edit on 14-5-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

You're not supposed to tell them that, Drak!!!

Check bounced so the Hell with them.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I think whatever the person signing the cheque wants me to!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: loveXlight

Oh dear , It seems to me the people putting the effort in on this thread (the shills) are the only ones interested in finding the truth.

If you don't wish to cause offense then stop calling people shills ... it's just not nice.

edit on 14-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Those wings above are not pointed directly downwards, at a 90 degree angle.
Also, there is no space between the feathers on the OPs image like there should and would be. That thing isnt shaped like any bird i've ever seen, either. Which direction is it flying in? because at first glance it appears to be heading to the left. If that is a bird, it is very large. The responses I received for my opinions where very childish and defensive, as well. I expect better from ATS. I left another not nearly as good forum recently due to these types of things. My only issue with OPs story is how he seemed to not notice the object when taking the picture. With that said... who cares.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Also, there is no space between the feathers on the OPs image like there should and would be. That thing isnt shaped like any bird i've ever seen, either. Which direction is it flying in? because at first glance it appears to be heading to the left. If that is a bird, it is very large. The responses I received for my opinions where very childish and defensive, as well. I expect better from ATS. I left another not nearly as good forum recently due to these types of things. My only issue with OPs story is how he seemed to not notice the object when taking the picture. With that said... who cares.

The wings above are not positioned like the OP because that bird is at the end of the down stroke....the bird in the OP is at the beginning of the up stroke which is why the wings are bent at the joint. It is simple aerodynamics....when a bird flaps down the wings fully extend, when they bring them back up for the next flap down, they fold at the joint to bring them in close to the body and create less wind resistance....again...the BIRD in the OP is on the beginning of the up stroke.

As for not seeing individual feathers.....its a phone camera and that bird is at a distance.
edit on 5/14/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The responses I received for my opinions where very childish and defensive, as well. I expect better from ATS. I left another not nearly as good forum recently due to these types of things.

Maybe it's not the forums.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I hear you, and I appreciate your logic. It just doesn't look like any bird I've ever seen is all. I live about an hour from where the photo was taken.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: loveXlight

Seriously ?

Also, there is no space between the feathers on the OPs image like there should and would be.

It's an example not the same bird.

The responses I received for my opinions where very childish and defensive, as well.

Aren't you the one calling people shills , I'd say that is childish and defensive.

With that said... who cares

Not me , it's a bird.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

there is no space between the feathers on the OPs image like there should and would be.

Now if you have the power to think, can you think why.

Hint: resolution.

That thing isnt shaped like any bird i've ever seen, either.

Well you haven't seen every bird at every possible angle have you?

A majority of posters seem to have seen a bird shaped as such as they have said in this thread.

The responses I received for my opinions where very childish and defensive, as well.

well if your opinion is that posters are shills, that is an offensive opinion, why would not expect defensive stances?

Is it not childish and an attempt to stab at posters feelings saying this

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: htapath

originally posted by: Buddyman
Hey OP

I've just read through this thread thanks for sharing.I know a lot of people on this site like to play ultra skeptics,well thats fine of coarse, critical thinking needs employing, but we also need to make that leap sometimes,because what is assumed by some as the pinnacle of understanding,is far from the truth (which is beyond comprehension i imagine)

After reading what both sides of this debate have offered i can say that no one can prove 100 percent that it is a bird,but also at the same time we cannot declare it is a UFO, based on what we have.

I personally would not discredit the photo you have provided, as being a UFO, just because it is of a composition that is not familiar to 'what we are used to' i have seen for myself on many occasions UFOs in the traditional saucer form,cigar form,morphing,orbs and the 'oddly shaped' catagory.I want to start a thread actually about these experiences and see what experiences others have had.

It is a shame you didn't see it at the time.I was wondering if it was static in the air? I assume there was no sound familiar with any crafts/planes etc, otherwise you would have said so, i guess?

It's true you can lose a perspective when viewing objects of all sorts in the sky.I would say whatever it is,it may be a few thousand feet altitude? it's hard to tell..The craft could potentially be a decent size though,also have you ever had any previous UFO experiences?

One last thing i'll mention is that there seems to be a catagory of UFO (i may have seen this once or twice) that i would describe as an 'entity' whether they may be biological or a craft? or like others have suggested an interdimensional entity etc? well the jurys out on that.There is a guy posting on DTV that has been filming many of these morphing entities regularly.He seems decent and geniune as well,not suprisingly He got slammed as seems to be the case on these threads frequently and given the weather balloon retort incidentally.

Anyways cool thread OP!!

Good Evening peeps

Thank you for posting in a polite and adult tone. This thread was created for members like you. In response to your questions, yes I've had my fair share of woo woo experiences. Some of them can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I don't recall hearing any unusual sounds, and no upsurge in static electricity was present. These questions lead me to believe that you might have had a few experiences of your own! Feel free to share if this is the case.

One must wonder why these kinds of threads receive all the hostility and baiting. Surely there must be some kind of a watch group which is responsible for damage control regarding certain topics. The efficiency and the methods tell me this much. When I first accessed the web in the mid 90's, it was the same way. I often wonder how many times I've dealt with the same individuals across many different conspiracy genre. Sometimes they have small tells that give themselves away.

Peace.
Your welcome man,it's nice to see your passion about this topic,you brought up some valid points certainly.Try not to lose heart with this forum (i know what it can get like with certain sensitive topics,they can attract certain individuals, agenda driven)-I also share the same passion for truth and welcome threads like this contributing to keeping this subject in peoples minds.

I have read your other thread,well some of it lol and it got me quite excited! an interesting read indeed,i want to share my experiences on there as well,so i'll get onto that as it might take a while to write.

Interestingly enough,i came across some info since reading this thread,in relation to you "not seeing the object at the time" whilst the photo was taken.It seems this is a 'fairly common' theme in UFO photos/sightings.

I can appreciate if a skeptic says it isn't 100 percent UFO..but equally you cannot 'prove' it is a bird..that is the scenario imo with the photo..(very curious image/s though i must say) and judging by your past experiences in the past (that i read) i would say that sways to the notion of it being a UFO more so now.

There will be some kind of disclosure soon, i feel,but i have mixed feelings about what the agenda of that announcement might be,as im curious about the real origin of these craft.I was reading the other day about a guy called Mac Tonnies (i hope thats spelt right) He coined the term cryptoterrestrial..Well He certainly had some very interesting theories indeed! which do tie in to my study so far.Mac died a few years ago very suddenly of a random heart issue,He was 34, so quite unexpected.There are also many who support the idea that Mac was getting 'too close' to the heart (bad pun sorry) of the UFO truth so was murdered.

I do beleive in other ET races don't get me wrong,with all the infite possibility of the universe.I can also entertain the idea of there being 'good ETs' (there are many examples of intervention with say, nukes,warring UFOs filmed and of coarse positive encounters such as yours and many more. But i do too, agree with the fact that the UFO for the main part-is what we could term "Watcher/Annunaki/the real powers that be, behind the running of our planet" Some people may comment -"when will a UFO land on the Whitehouse lawn"...well that will not be the case,as the 'invasion' occured millenia ago and Earth has just been covertly ruled behind the scenes,it was of coarse overtly ruled thousands of years ago.It certainly makes sense the more you study it.Here are a few examples.The lineage of ruling elites going back to Sumer/Egypt/Babylon/Atlantis-(Ros) We have skulls which are not human,DNA backing up a lot of info supporting human origins,ancient nuclear war and Uranium mining evidence,idigenous teachings and scripts corrobarating independently worldwide with their descriptions,out of place artifacts-ooparts,massive structures-say, the Great Pyramid and many more intricate and vast structures across the world including the sunken stuctures/cities all tying into so called myth i might add (all built on the energy grid of the earth,with sacred math encoded and technological feats we cannot manage today) we also have the structures on Mars with the same structural/mathematical/featural encoding,there are also structures/monoliths on Phobos,asteroids,Saturns Moon (i think Inceleadus?) as well has its 'abnormalities' in composition and of coarse our very own Moon with all it's anomalies,fitting the pattern....The list goes on...

Sorry to ramble...

I really recommend reading Wes Penre if you get the chance Htapath and peeps out there,of coarse discern for yourself, but He has certainly hit the nail on the head imo, in many areas, i think He offers a non bias approach and also turns some perceptions on their head and also exposing what is the root of 'the whole conspiracy' if you like on a soul/energy level and the holographic nature of reality amongst many other things are explored.

I'm sure your familiar with many of these ideas and info Htapath, as well as some other readers maybe, i just felt the need to introduce that as part of my response and perhaps to portray what has most likely has been going on over the years leading to our current scenario.
Keep your eyes open Dude,have a good one

edit on 14-5-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Strange, I came across this video after noticing the white glob-looking thing in the OP's photo. Could it be "fairy blood"? If so, then why?

Listen at minute 48:25.

edit on AM5312014542am3431am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join