It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very unusual object photographed in Arizona sky

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
OP, lets assume that you've captured a photo of an otherworldly craft and it's not the bird so obvious to many of us.

Now what?

Send it to Obama?

All you have is a picture of something unclear to you and some other people (not many) which even if it was an alien-interdimentional-timemachine or whatever unconventional craft, you still can't provide any substantial information whatsoever, be it flight characteristics, sound, speed, direction, etc.

In reality, all you have is a photo of pretty clouds and a bird, but if this wasn't the case, then you still have nothing of much value to add to the general UFO lore.

Don't get me wrong, I personally am convinced of the reality of the UFO phenomenon, undoubtedly. But whoever is behind it - not so easy to explain away as aliens or military. The plot's much more comlicated than that.
edit on 11-5-2014 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2014 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If this doesn't prove it is a vulture looking for food then nothing ever will.

That bump in the original is just the shoulder of the wing. Vultures are really bony and knobby that way..

This image is enhanced and is clear enough. Some people can't stand it because they can't do the same thing with a low res image. Because they think if they can't do it, then it just isn't possible. (that, plus they feel they have the monopoly on knowledge and skill).
edit on 11-5-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: htapath

Again: I showed your picture to my son. He said it was a bird with absolutely no prompting from me at all. When I asked if he was sure it was, he said it was obvious as you could see it's wings in down flap.

Now I just showed it to my wife and asked her the same thing, with again, NO prompting at all.

And she said it looked like a bird to her too.

Tell you what. I have a scout meeting tomorrow night. I'll print the picture out (both full sized and zoomed in) and I'll show it to the Webelos boys (they're ages 9 and 10) and ask them what they think it is. Then I'll go down the hall and ask the Boy Scouts (ages 11 to 18) and do the same. I'll keep track of the results and see what they think it is. All without any prompting from me.

I'll get input from the adult leaders too, so it's not just kids.

Then we'll see how your insulting statement holds up (the fact that you think even a 2 year old would not think it's a bird).

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: htapath

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

You must be kidding me.

No,

Because in the same post you posted this

Why do you keep insisting it's a bird when there are obvious anomalies which suggest otherwise? A headless, featherless bird with no tail or feet? A bird with out of proportion wings that appear to be rigid, perfectly vertical, and show no evidence of lateral motion? A bird that has a face-like appendage protruding from the inside of one wing and dots of light along the perimeter of the other? Oh and it just so happens that the bird is the same shape as the clouds and wasn't visible to the photographer?

You have to be kidding, all this was addressed in a logical and rational manner but you need there to be some unknown anomaly because the clouds looked strange or what not.

Yes I'm kidding, because you can't be serious. A two year old knows that isn't any bird or what not. The image still speaks for itself, and let me tell you it speaks volumes. Logic and rationale are excellent tools to possess when they are applied in the correct context. To say that the object is a bird is both illogical and irrational, however.

I would love for this to be a UFO, an interdimensional creature, or something else anomalous. From where I sit, it looks like a bird. I know a few other posters in this thread to be fairly consistent with regards to what I consider rational thought, and with the exception of one who suggested it may be a kite, there seems a pretty solid consensus among the rest that it's a bird.

To the OP, you are adamant it isn't a bird.

Could you please enlighten us as to what you think this 'birdlike' image actually is?
edit on 11-5-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Bird perhaps, caught in the moment the wings flaps down.

This was my first thought when I saw the 2nd photo.The wings are clearly visible.

ETA:Looks like a buzzard or vulture.
edit on 11-5-2014 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Could be a Turkey Vulture. Showed this to a friend, who lived in Kayenta, and said it was a Turkey Vulture. His wife, who is Navajo, also said it was a Turkey Vulture....with no prompting at all.

Your claim of physically shown it to "hundreds of people" is quite a stretch. Maybe dozens, sure, but hundreds? Where did you assemble hundreds of people to physically show them the photo? Hundreds? wow...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am honestly surprised about the many replies in this thread saying this is supposed to be a bird.

I myself am one of the very skeptical persons here, I obviously don't think it's an UFO, in fact I don't even think it's an actual object caught in the picture. But I *definitely* say it's not a bird, for various reasons.

The contrast (darkness) of the object seems unnatural for me. An object in decent distance on a photograph would not have such a high contrast to the rest of the scene. The outline shows no motion blur, the patch/object looks like...let me find a word...."an outcrop" within the picture. It simply looks "out of line" for an actual object in the scene. Using other words: It looks too clear and doesn't have characteristics like some other objects in the picture, say if you look at the sign pole or similar. They all have a certain amount of haze/blur due to distance..this "object" doesn't.

In addition I think he should have seen the bird if he took a pic of the clouds.

For me it's a piece of debris/dust inside the camera or possibly on the lens.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just to answer the no motion blur aspect: The EXIF info on the photo says the shutter speed was 1/3333 , so quite capable of stopping motion. Heck, when I photograph humming birds at 1/2000 its enough to stop its wings.

As for darkness, it if is indeed a Turkey Vulture, they are black, with some white markings under wings. Would easily fit the description of what was captured in that image.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed
Debris on the lens would not show up in focus. Debris on the sensor would have a sharp edge but would be a totally black silhouette with no detail.

The air is obviously very clear, looking at the sharpness of the clouds. The bird would be much much closer than the clouds song wouldn't expect much if any haziness.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Tell you what. I have a scout meeting tomorrow night. I'll print the picture out (both full sized and zoomed in) and I'll show it to the Webelos boys (they're ages 9 and 10) and ask them what they think it is. Then I'll go down the hall and ask the Boy Scouts (ages 11 to 18) and do the same. I'll keep track of the results and see what they think it is. All without any prompting from me.

Can you take a video of this? I'm doing a presentation on the pitfalls of internet discussions.

We all know its a bird.

edit on 12-5-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Can you take a video of this? I'm doing a presentation on the pitfalls of internet discussions.

We all know its a bird.

Would love to, but then I would be violating the youth protection policy of the scouts.

I'll get with our scout master and see what he says.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Would love to, but then I would be violating the youth protection policy of the scouts.

I was kidding, but if you do make a video, can you dress up like the Viking in your avatar?

The point I am trying to make is that its a bird and you don't need subject your scouts to such nonsense to prove you are right. But I guess you could turn it into a real learning experience.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I was kidding, but if you do make a video, can you dress up like the Viking in your avatar?

The point I am trying to make is that its a bird and you don't need subject your scouts to such nonsense to prove you are right. But I guess you could turn it into a real learning experience.

One of the main objectives of scouting is teaching the boys how to think for themselves and to take care of themselves, and help other people.

The internet is life. Having someone ask your opinion on something is again, life.

I shouldn't have to do a video, simply because of the 12 points of scout law:

"A scout is:
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Revrent

Our scouts would be more than happy to take a look at something and give their opinion. We teach them how to identify all manner of flora and fauna. It's important to know what poison ivy or oak looks like. It's important to know what snakes are poison and which are not. It's important to know what insect may have bitten you.

Not just because you go camping. But because you can run into those things in everyday life.

So no, I shouldn't have to make a video. I was a scout too when I was younger and remember the scout law and promise quite clearly.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Honestly, it looks like one of those party balloons that has "wings" and they are deflated.

This one is shaped like it. www.walkingballoons.co.uk...

In the right light??

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

and he was all excited to tell me that had a sighting of the same thing near the same place.

So did your friend say its massive, larger than a 747?

I have to wonder if some of you are even looking at the same image. The object looks NOTHING like a bird, to the point of being utterly ridiculous.

Nah ATS members have just Google d a bird pic and come into your thread to discuss other photos.

You have lost the plot if you insist it being utterly ridiculous that it looks nothing like a bird.

The majority isn't always right,

I never said they were, stop trying to change my words around to make them mean like I said something else.

You said it was a ludicrous statement that the ATS collective has concluded its a bird, I replied that it was an opinion of that poster and an indication of a majority of posters concluding the same, never said the majority was right or wrong.

sometimes the perceived majority is actually a small minority who have multiple accounts and have an AGENDA.

So are you accusing some in your thread of having an agenda and multiple accounts posting at the same time?

Do you understand the word agenda and its connotation? Look no further than the 9/11 forum if you want a better example.

Yes. whats yours?

9/11 gets brought up a lot in all sorts of threads usually when a poster thats die hard on an idea and has no other avenues to explore so they bring up the 9/11 card.

You have some faulty reasoning going there.

edit on 12-5-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As promised, I just showed my two-year-old daughter the photo, zoomed in on my phone screen, and asked: "What's that up in the sky?"

She replied: "A bird!"

So there you have it: htapath's theory that "even a two year old knows it's not a bird" — disproven.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

To say that the object is a bird is both illogical and irrational, however.

well then the majority of people based on the statistical evidence in this thread is that they are irrational and suffer from a lack of logic.

But to say its seems stationary in a still image and its larger than a 747 is logical and rational?

If you believe so then obviously you could explain that logic, not tell us about your dream or tell us that A bird seems like a ludicrous idea because you cant see a head or tail.

Logic and rationale are excellent tools to possess when they are applied in the correct context.

So just say it then. This is obviously the wrong context in your opinion to use logic and rationale.

You captured and alien ship that you dream t of, it was miles away and larger than a jumbo jet.

Is that what you think it is?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Actually to vehemently deny the possibility that it is a bird common to the area in favor of some sort of pseudo Native American spiritual manifestation or whatever you were hinting at, that you didn't even witness, is both illogical and irrational.

Despite all your claims of open-mindedness, through the course of this thread your actual bias has been revealed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Antoniastar

Happy Saturday Toni! There is so much more to this world than what is visible on the surface. Being blessed with eyes to see through the facade can be challenging when walking amongst the blind. But the process of journeying inward requires these hurdles to be overcome, and an entirely different perspective blossoms within us. Sometimes a cloud isn't just water vapor carried on the wind.

As we peel away the layers of this earthly illusion, everything slowly changes as we build a bridge back to the greater reality from which we come. This realization dissolves time as we fully understand our purpose for being here. We all have guides who are eager to make thems known when everything is in its proper place. The urge to share these discoveries is strong, and the resulting difficulties are also tests within tests.

There are so many on this forum, and this world in general, who attack what they do not understand. This is really only an outward expression of the ongoing internal struggle. To have compassion for these individuals is also a requirement in order for us to exist in a state of forgiveness and appreciation. I know that almost everyone who reads this post will think it's all just hocus pocus, but the truth does not just go away and cower in the corner. Just like the object in the photo; it is what it is. Nothing can change that. Why would anyone want to change it, anyway? Just because one refuses to explore this reality with an open mind doesn't affect what might be discovered for another individual.

Your words strike a chord within me and I'm very grateful that our paths have met in this way. We all seek peace ultimately, and yes we all find it eventually. After the great struggle, making it home is a great release.

I've rambled enough. Much love and grace to all today!

well I think the most important part of this conversation is what's not conveyed which is your thoughts and feelings as you took the picture and that I believe is what's getting lost.
Just like ufo's accounts explain what you saw and what you felt at the time is two different things altogether and the farther someone is from the account the less likely it's believe...it's that voice inside that says something that's not quite right. After my 50 years of living I listen to that voice inside.
Unfortunately feelings are not evidence that can be seen.

I really believe some things are not meant to be shared with the world as the world is not as awaken as we thought.
Does it really matter as to what anyone thinks? no but all the same it is a cool picture and believe it was meant for your eyes only

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Actually to vehemently deny the possibility that it is a bird common to the area in favor of some sort of pseudo Native American spiritual manifestation or whatever you were hinting at, that you didn't even witness, is both illogical and irrational.

Despite all your claims of open-mindedness, through the course of this thread your actual bias has been revealed.

You and I must be the same posters with different accounts based on what OP suggested.

Hell there is only 3 or 4 posters in this thread. OP and 2 others with multiple accounts.

Now I am talking to myself.

I need to leave this thread where OP tell us we lack logic for suggesting a bird looks like a bird.

Too many brain farts

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join