page: 1

join

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just getting headlines now ...
Looking for more info ...

MORE COMING

Dover Site

A suspicious individual was reported near Building 706 at approximately 11:00 a.m. here.

As a precautionary measure, base officials implemented base lockdown procedures and instructed all personnel to shelter in place.

“The safety of our people is our top priority,” said Col. Randy Huiss, 436th Airlift Wing vice wing commander. “We take this report very seriously and are taking the necessary precautions to investigate this matter.”

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Hopefully it's nothing. But Dover is pretty open. The highway goes right through the center of the base. You have to have clearance to get on, but there are ways around it. Lots of airstrip space ... that kind of thing ...

edit on 5/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

www.delawareonline.com...

Dover Air Force Base has been placed on lockdown due to a report of a suspicious person on the premises.

The person was reported seen about 11 a.m. near Building 706, where several arrival ceremonies take place.

As a precautionary measure, base officials implemented base lockdown procedures and instructed all personnel to shelter in place.

"The safety of our people is our top priority," said Col. Randy Huiss, 436th Airlift Wing vice wing commander. "We take this report very seriously and are taking the necessary precautions to investigate this matter."
edit on 5/8/14 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The guy has an AR15. Stamp it!

Hope everyone stays safe.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyprex

Yep, I just edited as you posted ... I think it was a tie.

I'm looking at the national news stations and I'm getting nothing.

Local news has it up.

CBS has it up on their site, but with no information.

Hope this is just a mistake and that it's nothing ...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's all good, I just edited in a different source.

Very little info coming in at the moment.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
CBS took their headline down.
The Air Force Base is still on lock down. Has been since 11:30.
I'm thinking this could be a 'nothing'.
It's been an hour and a half and the major networks aren't swarming on it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No one died....so no one cares.

But thanks for the information, I care.

Regards,

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Just getting headlines now ...
Looking for more info ...

MORE COMING

Dover Site

A suspicious individual was reported near Building 706 at approximately 11:00 a.m. here.

“The safety of our people is our top priority,” said Col. Randy Huiss, 436th Airlift Wing vice wing commander. “We take this report very seriously and are taking the necessary precautions to investigate this matter.”

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Hopefully it's nothing. But Dover is pretty open. The highway goes right through the center of the base. You have to have clearance to get on, but there are ways around it. Lots of airstrip space ... that kind of thing ...

Could this relate to the White House lockdown?

Oh, someone is playing Anonymous games, methinks.

top topics

join