It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse Gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hope I'm violating the T&C of the site, I am in no way trying to promote this site Zprepared, just all the stuff they have collected on this subject is incredibly cool!
Link to Zprepared
Everything is centered around what one would need in a 'zombie apocalypse'. Whether or not you are into that sort of thing, I still wish I had about $500k to spend on some of these items, everything from heavily armored vehicles to everyday razors for shaving. They are very diverse in selection and some items would be impossible to find otherwise, but your going to need a lot of cash!
Personally, I could easily see myself stepping out of a Conquest Knight XV, dawning a shark bite diving suit, Sig Sauer SIG50, Compound Crossbow and Shotgun, sort of like a female Mad Max.

Anyway, I love looking at equipment like this, if anyone knows any other cool gear sites, please list them, I would love to check it out!

AB

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

the only thing you need is coffee
and a lot of it.

only thing that works against Zombies.... trust me

Click here to read why

edit on 8-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sync! I saw yesterday, just by pure chance, that Amazon has a Zombie Protection store!!
www.amazon.com...

I guess it's time to re-watch those zombies movies.........World War Z........28 days later........etc.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ill stick to leather and my trusty baseball bat if its the slow walkers. Im a demolitionist so im used to swinging a sledge hammer all day, ill stick with what I know. lol

Of course if its the running zombies, were all scewed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's been my experience that the more stuff you have, the more broken stuff you have.

I'm a fan of simplicity and reliability.

A rock sling, with practice, can be very effective.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

That is definitely the truth!
That is why zombie movies are so prevalent now, it is a reflection of what we have all become to some degree.

a reply to: Agartha

I haven't seen WWZ yet, was it worth watching?

a reply to: TheMainEvent

You are right to some degree, firearms will only get you so far being proficient in close combat is essential. This is why the shark bite diving suit was so appealing to me, eventually accidents will happen. I prefer a katana in which I went to great lengths to get the right one eventually.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I haven't seen WWZ yet, was it worth watching?

The movie was okay...The book however is a real page turner.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I'm not too good with a sling and with multiple targets it probably won't end well but the use of readily accessible weapons will prove invaluable in situations like this.
Two years ago I went looking for a katana and after much research and debate finally decided to get an Oni Katana made from Bainite. It is about as indestructible as you can make though it does take some extra care to keep it in good quality. I've punched through windshields with it and car doors are like butter. I first tried a 9260 Silicon Alloy Spring Steel Katana, but as durable as it is I still worried eventually it wouldn't 'cut it' in the field. I'm a sword geek but nothing beats some of the newer firearms that can take several types of ammunition but unless you have access to ammo they are dead weight.
edit on 5/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The best survival information for any circumstance is knowledge.

Zombies, natural disasters, economic turmoil...all these things can be handled correctly if people take the time to learn how to adapt and survive with everything in their own surroundings. Guns run out of ammo, knives dull, weapons fail, and food runs short. But learning how to make a fire, how to gather food, and collect water will never run out.

Having all the things that these sites sell is nice in the beginning, but try running full speed with a 75lb. rucksack on your back full of all the unnecessary crap acquired from a website.

A good set of skills and a great knife can make life much easier. Of course, having an AK with grenade attachments and an armored vehicle is just COOL!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I read quite a bit of zombie/apocalyptic fiction and the one item I would take above any other in that scenario is the one item they seem to leave out of the books.
That item is a good ol military tank-drives anywhere,and won't get bogged down even if there are zombies on every avalible peice of ground,OK not too good on MPG,but I would also commandeer a filling station.

Some fun stuff on that site though,although I didn't see a chainsaw there-That would be another real peach for fighting the undead,with a modified extra large fuel tank of course.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

The original or new version of the book are my favorites! The audio version is amazingly well fine too. I may listen to it again!

The movie isn't bad, but it's definitely not the book.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Link to Zprepared: Chainsaw & Jawsaw

Chainsaws scare me but that jawsaw looks pretty interesting. . .

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Oh blimey I missed that-that Jaw saw thing is insane!
I would go with the Husky though,for speed and reliability.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have a ton of survival gear, gun and plenty of ammo AND..... I know where all the fat people are in my neighbor hood.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum seen this a while ago its pretty badass. not really a zombie survival site though, although I could easily spend a couple thousand there on random ass stuff

edit on 8-5-2014 by sheepy01 because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I never read the book and, despite the low reviews, I loved the movie........I loved it so much I've already watched like three or four times! lol

I know many disagree, but I would recommend you watch it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i have such a real fear of zombies its not even funny. i have dreams about them constantly and thankfully woke up in time before i've been got, and im my own worst enemy as i've seen all the films. i hate them. had a dream about them the other night that loads of us hid out in the loft and we went looting the supermarkets.

the only plan i have is to hide in the loft/attic with my son and dog and just hope for the best. if i had a gun i would shoot us all. we're all doomed if they're quick and can run.

i didn't think much to world war z, waited ages for that aswell. my favourite (wtf?) was George A Romero's original Day of the Dead

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
In a scenario such as this, you need to be a master of improvisation. you can kill almost anything with a straw, if you know how......

The movie World War Z.....not impressed, The book however.......very well the loss of a nights sleep.

I highly doubt it will happen, if it does, we are all screwed anyway.........

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, u might as well start getting fit, just in case... consider this your baseline...

Vimeo
thezombierun.com...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My old home town had a perfect little bomb shelter that would have rocked for a zombie apocalypse. That being said, I would really try to do the whole "Twilight Zone" with a million books--sans the broken glasses. (Tragedy.)

I'd die so fast.

top topics

join