It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

310 people killed in latest Boko Haram attack; hundreds of girls remain missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The abductions and an attack this week that left more than 300 people dead have focused worldwide attention on Nigeria's fight with terrorists. The world still doesn't know what happened to the 276 girls kidnapped almost a month ago, except that Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said he plans to sell them.

edition.cnn.com...

I feel the uniform designs of Boko Haram are quite ugly on that video they released.Scrubby.

(Those guys in 2:45-3:15)
Seem they have problem to reading also.
edit on 8-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

(post by Telos removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Meh, before ATS, stuff like this was the reason my mindset was to pave the entire ME and Africa into desert glass.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

If I were President.
I would mount a silent raid.
Send in men and just take out all those guys and release the girls.
And not take credit for it.

Sometimes roaches need to be stepped on.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Good thing Hillary declared he was not a terrorist while she was Sec of State. But those evil ranchers are!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Where are the men of Nigeria? I'd think with a terrorist group running amok, someone would think to form a resistance group and not wait for the West to intervene. Just my two cents.

Even if, Boko Haram could be wiped out yet there would still be some sort of atrocity somewhere in Africa.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos
Some people are real animals including those "Muslems" in Boko Haram, but you can find animals in any other religion/race as well...Discriminating a faith based on the act of a minority belonging to that group is a reflection of pure ignorance and racism and It represents the complete lack of reasoning and logic....Sorry but that's what it is.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shapur

Minority? Dude, I don't care how you label me and if you think it is racist or not. Muslim savagery has been a breaking news in the past two decades. I don't name it, I just read it as it is.

I don't want to reason or logic in the regards as I cannot stand religions. To me are just a tool created by man to control man and them who act this way in the name of this fakery are just a bunch of idiots and animals.

I just call it as it is.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'd like to say let's do this to all the scum of the earth, but then i thought "wait a min, didn't some crazy guy try that in the 40's?"

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Where are the men of Nigeria? I'd think with a terrorist group running amok, someone would think to form a resistance group and not wait for the West to intervene. Just my two cents.

Even if, Boko Haram could be wiped out yet there would still be some sort of atrocity somewhere in Africa.

I think the point here is to get the US military involved in Nigeria and neighboring countries. they tried to pull us in with the KONY 2012 fiasco already. My feeling is this is all designed to pull us in for "humanitarian" purposes. I agree, where are the Nigerian men? Where is the Army? I say let them worry about their own.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hillary and Michelle did their part. A sternly worded tweet with the latest trendy hashtag ought to do the trick!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I think the point here is to get the US military involved in Nigeria and neighboring countries. they tried to pull us in with the KONY 2012 fiasco already. My feeling is this is all designed to pull us in for "humanitarian" purposes. I agree, where are the Nigerian men? Where is the Army? I say let them worry about their own.

Nigeria is loaded, they have money coming out of their arses and had previously refused 'our' help with this situation, but neither has the government shown any real concern for the welfare of the girls or had any intention of rescuing the girls. However, this second attack, coinciding with the meeting of the World Economic Forum has stolen the Nigerian President's thunder. Mr Jonathan was supposed to have stood before his peers and been lauded for turning Nigeria into a real economic player, instead he has spent his time fielding intense questions about the girls and about what he is going to do about Boko Haram. His response, seemingly put on the spot, was to say that this is the beginning of the end for terrorism in Nigeria, oddly (or not) reminiscent of Barack Obama's statements a few days before. The UK and US are sending 'experts' to help. That is going to cost Nigeria a pretty penny, one way or another. The long and the short of it is though, that the Nigerian government are being made to care about the situation due to international pressure. Left to their own devices, eventually, it will get bloody, lead to instability and therefore threaten oil production. Nobody wants that, not at this point in the game anyway.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

Villages fomer armed militias and Boko went in after them and slaughtered them. This not some small group in a small part of the country. They operate in a very large part of a country that has very little centeral control. The Nigerian Army when they can find them can hold their own but, that is not very often.
edit on 8-5-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
This Muslims are really animals and savages. anythingw Christianity in the distant past has shown the same savagery and ruthlessness but that has long disappeared. Islam's mentality is still in the year 600.

No "Muslims" are not Savages! Boko haram are not recognized as "Muslims" by the umma (Islamic nation/community) . boko haram are a group of misguided sick disgusting people who have a first class ticket to hell

that is a link that explains who they are and where they stand in Islam..

I am LSH a Muslim ,father, libertarian who understands love and compassion because of islam.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ask me anyrhg

Peace and blessings
edit on 0214043152154th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0224043152254th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0244043152454th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0274043152754th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos
The problem with "breaking news" is its never good news..there are seldom "goodnews" stories so if the news is your source your not getting the whole picture, the majority of muslims are not Boko Haram or think like them.

edit on 8-5-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

(post by Telos removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join