Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Trey Gowdy Says People Shouldn't Fundraise Off Benghazi, NRCC Apparently Disagrees

page: 1

join

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Trey Gowdy Says People Shouldn't Fundraise Off Benghazi, NRCC Apparently Disagrees

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Wednesday morning urged his fellow lawmakers not to use the investigation he is leading into the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, to raise money, calling it a subject that "transcends politics." Minutes earlier, the National Republican Congressional Committee sent out a fundraising email tied to Gowdy's role leading a select committee to investigate the attacks. The timing of the two events points to a problem that Republican leadership will likely encounter as it looks into the Obama administration's handling of the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, which left four Americans dead. The temptation to rev up the base and raise money from it too could end up damaging the investigation's credibility even before it starts. Appearing on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday, Gowdy seemed aware of that particular pitfall. Asked by the hosts whether he thought members of Congress should withhold from fundraising off of the Benghazi select committee, he responded: "Yes, and I will cite myself as an example. I have never sought to raise a single penny on the backs of four murdered Americans.

This is sick. Looking to make money from Benghazi is low and the NRCC should be ashamed of themselves. Then you have a real lowlife Andy Tobin (R) from Arizona who is using it to raise funds for his campaign. The NRCC should listen to the person they chose to lead the investigation and drop this. Gowdy should stop being a Republican and switch to Independent because apparently there is no honor in the Republican party anymore.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Are you attempting to claim that no one has ever fund raised based on 9/11? or the War in Iraq? or the War in Afghanistan? or the millions of other situations where politicians and non-profit groups attempt to raise money based on the Dead? It happens ALL the time.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's kinda of odd to pick one instance in which republicans are doing it and not point out a few of the many times both major parties as well as minor parties, and others have fund raised on "the backs of dead people."

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Gowdy should stop being a Republican and switch to Independent because apparently there is no honor in the Republican party anymore.

This was your only personal reference to Gowdy.

I thought he would have deserved an 'attaboy' for making the right call here and not standing by quietly while members of his party did the wrong thing.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Gowdy should stop being a Republican and switch to Independent because apparently there is no honor in the Republican party anymore.

This was your only personal reference to Gowdy.

I thought he would have deserved an 'attaboy' for making the right call here and not standing by quietly while members of his party did the wrong thing.

So where I said the Republican party had no honor was implying that he did have honor meant nothing huh?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

So where I said the Republican party had no honor was implying that he did have honor meant nothing huh?

You inferred it.
I thought he deserved a bit more.
It actually seemed like more of a slam at the Republicans (deserved) than a thumbs up for him.
I gave you a star.

edit on b000000312014-05-08T09:20:54-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 08 May 2014 09:20:54 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is the real reason for the Rabid Right shouting BENGHAZI!

MONEY

From the National Republican Congressional Committee website.

You Can Become A Benghazi Watchdog Right Now

House Republicans will make sure that no one will get away from Gowdy and the Select Committee. This is going to be a national effort for a national investigation. Will you automatically add your name today to join us and become a Benghazi Watchdog?

Help fight liberals by donating today.

NRCC.org

Using the death of an Ambassador to fund raise for a political agenda?

Disgusting.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sure. I wonder how many times he will become a millionaire before it is over.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

This is the real reason for the Rabid Right shouting BENGHAZI!

MONEY

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well thats strange , because im firmly behind finding out what really went on with benghazi and the truth behind the coverup

AND IM NOT RUNNING FOR OFFICE.........

So i suppose every day Americans who want answers are just there to line their pockets huh?

Speaking of rabid, the support this administration gets in the face of all their blatant lies, screwups, and desecration to the office and the constitution just dumbfounds me......

Fast and Furious, Benghazi, his foreign policy with.......well just about EVERYONE......the failure of Obamacare and the lies theyve put forth........COME ON ......is it so important for his supporters to be seen as "holier then thou" that they cant admit when they were WRONG about this guy?

Even when the administration and people like Holder are blatant about it......

Sorry but your statement was absolutely ridiculous.........

top topics

join