Official White House Photo - Obama on Iron Throne (Game of Thrones)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I'm just floored that this causes people to get upset.

Again ... where do you see 'mad' or 'upset'?? No where. This is a DISCUSSION about the photo and if it was a good idea for the White House to depict their buddy Obama with the trappings of a mad murdering king. Joke? Sure. Good one? No - in my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
I'm surprised no-one's called anyone else an idiot yet.

I'm thinking it. Does that count?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I guess I just don't see a PR issues with this.

This photo will only get the attention of two groups of people.

1. Fans of Game Of Thrones
2. Conservatives that hate Obama.

The first group is going to love the photo and not read anything into it besides "Cool, Obama likes game of thrones".

The second group will be outraged, or think it's a bad move, no matter what the photo contained.

I don't remember Bush or his administration having a sense of humor at all, I think it would have done them some good if they did. If Bush did this, I would have the same reaction as Obama doing this, "Oh, he likes Game Of Thrones". I constantly hear people saying they hate Obama because of his policies...but then people complain about stuff like this and it just doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Yeah... who wants to be seen as a dead immature king who was born out of an incestuous relationship between brother and sister.

I apologize for having never watched the show.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
It's my thread so ... thanks so much for that rhetoric.

Sorry, I thought I was posting in the OTHER important thread on the subject, which I had already posted in.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No. Personal thoughts are dangerous to the public peace. Groupthink should be encouraged to take its place. I recommend 100 hours of FOX News and 100 Hail Ruperts to change that dangerous thing called thinking.

A perfect Groupthink; all Democrats think King Joffrey is a Republican and all Republicans think Democrats are Rob Stark.

A perfect non-American Groupthink; Obama is really one of the three dragons, Putin a second and Angela Merkel a third.

Which of the three dragons best describes each? (Putin being the Red Dragon is a no-brainer, of course)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

GoT is central to this thread. Binge-watching highly recommended.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My nephew is into it.
I am a bit busy most of the time for too much TV, especially series that you need to keep watching.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

To us, its a game. To them its real.

They really believe they are the Kings, not elected representatives.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I recommend 100 hours of FOX News and 100 Hail Ruperts to change that dangerous thing called thinking.

I'd give you over four million stars for that one but I see you already have them.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The parallels between the GoT series and batcrap crazy people & politicians of the 21st century is remarkable.

I love the series, personally.

There's this character called 'The Spider' who represents the NSA to a tee, another called 'Littlefinger' who sure sounds like Snowden, a beautiful teenage blonde who wants to rule the world and will do everything to get it, like Miley Cyrus, and a guy called 'The Hound' who acts a lot like Dick Cheney.

I could go on, but there's an Imp telling me not to say too much.
edit on 8/5/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

1% of my stars are well-earned and 99% are because, being as I'm a Lannister, Joffrey granted them to me for jailing the Imp.

It comes with a gold cloak, you know.
edit on 8/5/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
This topic is rock bottom in my opinion. I am fairly convinced that Obama could give CPR to a lifeless child and there would be right-wing outrage over it.

Just as I am convinced Obama could kick on the same dying kid and the liberals would claim it was the newest form of CPR.

People have their favorites and it blinds them one way or the other.

That is the reason we are in the mess we are in a s country I would imagine.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
But it's clearly an old photo because the dragon eggs hatched ages ago ......

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Maybe Obama bought another set of Dragon Eggs at a Grove yard sale.

My question would be: Does he have the jones, like Dany, to walk into a funeral pyre and have them hatch?

I say no: He'd rather think they're big colourful pine cones and keep them on his coffee table as decoration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join