Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Official White House Photo - Obama on Iron Throne (Game of Thrones)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There was a day when the Presidency of the US was above this sort of silly crap and a staffer (if that is who pulled this stunt) would have had their ass handed to them for doing it.
It just seems like the office has no respect anymore, even from the one holding the office.

I guess I am getting old.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not really. Presidents are people and many have had wonderful senses of humor. Among them, Abe Lincoln, Calvin Coolidge and Ronald Reagan. During a debate, when the aging Reagan said, “I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience" no one gasped and asked, "How dare he have a sense of humor!!!"

This is a boatload of manufactured outrage by what seems to be a bunch of old ladies at a quilting bee.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Man the more these kinds of photos come out from the White House, the more I begin to think that they are just trolling the extreme right wingers.

Lol

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Obama the internet troll. I love it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Man the more these kinds of photos come out from the White House, the more I begin to think that they are just trolling the extreme right wingers.

Lol

LOL Well, knowing they're going to make a big deal out of WHATEVER Obama does, I don't blame him for having a little fun with it. I know I would.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Not really. Presidents are people and many have had wonderful senses of humor. Among them, Abe Lincoln, Calvin Coolidge and Ronald Reagan. During a debate, when the aging Reagan said, “I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience" no one gasped and asked, "How dare he have a sense of humor!!!"

This is a boatload of manufactured outrage by what seems to be a bunch of old ladies at a quilting bee.

Yes....
But do you remember when an open microphone caught Old Ronnie saying that 'the bombing starts in 5 minutes' ?

That was his sense of humor again. Did it slide right on by without any Democrats mentioning it?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens." --President Abraham Lincoln

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't even remember that at all, so I don't remember if the old hens got upset. Got any links?

And I see a big difference between the president saying that we're going to bomb Russia and posting an obviously photo-shopped picture from the White House Correspondence Dinner to TWITTER.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Politico.com

I remember Democrats being upset about it, but I am not finding anything concrete. It was almost 30 years since he did it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seems as though some people think that I don't believe that US Presidents are allowed to have a sense of humor or be humorous.
I think that alluding to the President being a King is not what this country was founded on, in fact it was founded on the opposite principle. That is the part that I think is over the top.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I think that alluding to the President being a King is not what this country was founded on, in fact it was founded on the opposite principle. That is the part that I think is over the top.

What do you mean "alluding to the President being King"? It was a JOKE. If he was serious about it, you'd have a good point. But since he wasn't, you don't, and you have to manufacture one... I'm sorry. If you don't have anything better to bitch about than this, it just shows how desperate the right is.
edit on 5/8/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
You are calling me a righty again.
I take offense to that.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah... who wants to be seen as a dead immature king who was born out of an incestuous relationship between brother and sister.

It's beyond the pale to think Obama would have paid his net-savvy servants to do such a nefarious deed.

Shocking. Truly shocking.

Watch FOX News for all the important details to follow.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This topic is rock bottom in my opinion. I am fairly convinced that Obama could give CPR to a lifeless child and there would be right-wing outrage over it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Someone please tell me this is a joke or something.

Yes, I think that is exactly what it is...a joke....or did you really think Obama has an iron throne?

Are people seriously mad about this?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's my thread so ... thanks so much for that rhetoric.
If it were Bush in the picture, I"m sure you'd be all 'it fits' with your supposed 'manufactured outrage'.

Now on topic.

Normally a White House is very careful with image. And while I get the supposed comedy behind this photo, the fact is that it is still an image that no one should want to be associated with. It's a press failure in my opinion.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Are people seriously mad about this?

Not 'mad'. Just really really surprised that someone would put out an official photo of their POTUS in the trappings of a mad king who mass murdered and tortured people. It's not exactly the kind of thing that a POTUS would want to be associated with. There could easily be massive chants of 'IT FITS' ... bad PR.

If it were Bush43 in that chair with the crossbow, I'm sure that the usual lefties who defend their buddy Obama and say this is no big deal ... they'd be saying the picture fit Bush43 and that it was a PR misfire for the administration.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It's my thread so ... thanks so much for that rhetoric.
If it were Bush in the picture, I"m sure you'd be all 'it fits' with your supposed 'manufactured outrage'.

Now on topic.

Normally a White House is very careful with image. And while I get the supposed comedy behind this photo, the fact is that it is still an image that no one should want to be associated with. It's a press failure in my opinion.

Ok

link   

originally posted by: muse7

Lol

I agree, I think they are trolling and laughing hysterically.

I'm just floored that this causes people to get upset.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Imagine... rhetoric in the ATS mud pit forum. :shk:

Wonders never cease, do they?

I'm surprised no-one's called anyone else an idiot yet.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join