It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Cops Are Pulling People Over For The Best Reason Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, in a country where police are becoming increasingly more violent and less respective of our rights on a daily basis, its sometimes hard to think of these men and women as human beings. Every once in a while officers show that they can have a humorous side. In this video officers in California are pulling people over, and then giving them ice cream. Yes, I said ice cream, and no, it doesn't come with a ticket.

My only question is, how much did the officers get to make this, and where is my expletive ice cream.

Source - Huffington Post

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They must be making people eat tainted ice cream to test them a little bit further and incriminate them
its the only possible explanation

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

It's a good video and all, and I like to think that LEOs are the good guys (most are, but some aren't), but ice cream or not, I would be annoyed with the stress of being pulled over and given a Ice Cream cone.

Places to go, things to do.

But their hearts are in the right place.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is just another trap by the man. If you take the ice cream they have another cop waiting down the road to bust for driving while stoned.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
mmmmmm

munchies

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ahhh, the friendly cop treatment.

How would you feel when you see lights flashing in your mirror, pull over and "get ice cream"?

Thats one sour stomach to put food into. Thanks officer, no I prefer not to get my steering wheel and clothing sticky.

Haven't you got a cookie or something?

I prefer not to see or hear them unless I need them. Thats their job.

Like when they call you up at home and cheerily boom, "This is office Stedenko, how ya doing today?

Uhhh…

"We just wanted to know if you wanted to donate money for our little league team?"

Uhhh… is this an emergency?

link   
a reply to: andr3w68

It's an add campain by a local ice cream store.

link   
Braver people than me; eating something a random police man has just handed to me.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I agree. Any time I see an officer behind me I get tense and worried. Even though I know I'm not doing anything wrong. At least these people got some free ice cream. Did I mention they made the young girl cry? Lol.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Im aware of this as the title of the video states it clearly. Lol. I even asked I wonder how much they got paid to do it in the OP.
edit on 8-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This has occurred in other states and the police actually got in trouble for doing it. Traffic stops are one of those areas where we cant just randomly pull people over when no crime has been committed. I forget the state but law enforcement were pulling people over and to give them thanksgiving Turkeys. The state courts said no ah ah.

With that said I like the idea and think it should be expanded to be honest. Anything that can increase communication / reduce paranoia both sides tend to have between Police and the citizens we serve should be looked at.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This reminded me of this guy lol...

As for this little stunt, I'm surprised it wasn't a form of legal entrapment; you know, like, give them food, and see if they drive off eating it and then bust them for distracted driving or something. California has some of the strictest road laws in the world, they have so many obscure laws, they can afford to do something like this.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is a media stunt to sway some good will back to side of the police. Now, nothing really wrong with that, and it should actually be part of the program for police services to bond with the public and also create awareness through the media, or other means.

Here's the problem.

1. You have rapid moving militarization of certain police services. This doesn't mean every single force, but since there are so many and each are of the same ilk, they all fit into the same category. It's hard to tell which ones are which anyway, when they are in their tactical gear or driving the armoured cars/trucks, etc, since certain gear and equipment doesn't always specify which unit they are a part of.

2. Police throughout North America (possibly the world?) need to start cleaning house. This isn't the days of Serpico and mob payoffs, rather more reminiscent of Rome and the Gladiators fighting for their names to be known in the Colosseum.

What do you mean Boncho??? You're speaking in riddles...

While corruption is always changing, something that hasn't is the blue wall. The code of silence. The blue shield. Whatever you want to call it.

Corruption, and the major distinction that needs to be addressed is this one. Whatever the underlying corrupt practices that are going on which make the blue wall be used, the actual code is what causes the police to lose face in the public's eye.

There are simply too many cases of police lying. Rampant, systematic lying. And they use logic like, "Well, I know he did it, he knows he did it, and since he's not fooling anyone I'm gonna fib hear and there when I testify at trial." and it doesn't take long before those lies are being used to cover up misbehaviour, or indict people who are completely innocent.

Cameras and modern technologies has brought so much of this to light in the last decade. The main issue with it though, is that because there is a code of silence, and because the unions are so strong, instead of this causing a ripple of sweeping asskicks through all the policing force in all of North America, instead, the blue code and the police unions went into overdrive.

And basically police have been given full privilege to do whatever they want and get away with it. The writing is between the lines, and they basically say through their actions and words that they are above the law. Because of technology, it has become a ongoing drama, which always ends up the same.

So much for condemning those, "stop snitchin' " t-shirts. Since police do the same thing they accuse gang bangers of.

Bottom line: Until this culture of protectionism is changed, and the services not only clean house, but also hand down real sentences to their officers who break the law (the very ones they are entrusted to uphold), the public will not have the kind of respect for them they may have in the past.

This should, and needs to be done, because there are a lot of good people who are police officers that deserve the proper recognition. Not only that, but I'd also like to raise my kids and teach them that police are the good guys and they are there to help you, or protect you should you need it, (which I'm sure others have the same sentiments), but in light of todays police culture and the rule of law, I'd probably just leave out that topic.
edit on 8-5-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm unable to watch the video at the moment, but are the cops giving them a ice cream cone, or a bowl of it or something? Seems like it'd be a bit inconvenient trying to hold a ice cream cone while driving. Or eat it while driving before it melted.. seems like there's better things they could be giving out if they really wanted to. At least they're trying to do good

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: strongfp

anytime an officer has contact with people where the cop gives / gets the person to commit an action that he could stop them for down the road is entrapment.

In general / state specific and as always check with your local / state laws.

I have no idea how the US justice system has been twisted into what it is... but there are quite a few cases where that definition is more like a roadmap for arresting and prosecuting people. Sadly.

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.
Enlarge This Image

Clay Rodery
But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.

Now, if I remember correctly, the judge in this case even said begrudgingly, something like "This is totally wrong and these people have been railroaded" as they struck the gavel for the ruling.

One of the "terrorists" had mental illness and was saving urine in jars. The others were just poor ass petty criminals, and the 'criminal informant' or agent, was being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to round up the unwitting dimwits, while promising them hundreds of thousands for the scheme... all the while they were planning to rip him off somehow since he had access to the supposed money he was paying out for terror plots.

They need to make a movie about this one, something a little goofy, but a little serious. Similar to Ben Affleck and Damon movies they've done in the past.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's great to see that California is 100% crime free and the police have nothing better to do than pull over innocent people and give them treats.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Be careful!! that ice cream is sprinkled with something something.

They let you drive and then charge you with "DUI".

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I've been pulled over quite a few times over the past three plus decades I have been driving. I've only received one ticket. Why is this so. I never give them lip and have all my paperwork available when they walk up. And I greet them in a pleasant manner, knowing I have broken the law. Granted, my speeding is about maybe 10 MPH above the speed limit, but it's still breaking the law.

The last time I was pulled over for speeding it was a Motorcycle Cop, I greeted him in the usual fashion, he asked me did I know why he pulled me over and I answered honestly. He took my paperwork and ran it through the system, and came back laughing. He told me that he had never seen anyone with such a record over that long of a time period and just gave me a warning and a thank you for speeding safely. LOL

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join