It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
When i narrow it down to the "fears of the western man" how is the right way to respond to that psychological fear.
I dont mean fear of a wild animal or fear of a car that will hit your car.
I mean the fear that we experience every day. Those little moment when you feel fear.

What are you doing when there is a strong or weak fear?

I understand that we tend to objectify things and therefore not really looking at it in an intimate, "mechanical" way...

So how do you respond to fear?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

I can only answer for myself, but I try to understand WHY I am feeling fear. WHAT is causing it? Is there a tangible threat...or am I reacting emotionally?
If I sense a threat...what can I do to remove myself from the situation?
If it's an emotional reaction...then what is the root? A previous experience....or am I immediately thinking about a worst-case scenario?
Sometimes I even pick-up on other peoples' fear, and feel it myself.
Once I have thought about all this...then I decide how to best deal with it.

jacygirl

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think we still make a separation between masters, holy people and normal humans.

We define things like that as : "only a master could really look into the eyes of fear or death.."...

I think its those little codes that were imprinted in our consciousness by religion and culture that cloud the fact that we can be free now and let that reflect through life... We can be free by using everything we experience as a guide that wants us to tell a thing that you need to know to become free.

What does the person that tries to provoke me want to say? He says: Hey. Don´t make your happiness dependent on how I treat you. Don´t think you can change me by reacting to my provocation. Don´t think you need to change anything to be happy. Just be happy. And leave me alone until i want to really communicate to you.

What does the couch want to say? It says : Relax. Become more still and let go.

What does the loud noises in front of my house want to say? They say: you are so powerful that even we can not disturb the silence of your heart.

This all sounds like a cliché to many because clichés often cloud a deep truth: you can make it simple. You can let it work for you.

Maybe the things will tell you different things because you have a different goal than me. My goal is to be as free as possible.

I was really pissed about Ats a long time....Because Nobody wanted to listen oder believe that Alien Contact is already happening. What did i learn from it?
Everyone is free. You are making your own choices and i can and must not change you. And i don´t need to hope that people will "see it"..Because they will anyhow when they want to.

Yes i know...for Some minds this feels like pathos/emotionalism ..... But thats what's left when everything serves is

a feeling of gratitude that seems strange for the abstract mind. Because the mind always needs reasons.

And the wind tells me that freedom is to not need a reason for gratitude/flow/bliss..

I learned from my fear that I am not only the mind. The mind is just a program to make it possible to have a linear perspective and a process of experience. But the mind can be a slave to the focus.
For many people the mind is the master. It has power and is crazy and not focused at the same time.

The mind works in an automatic mode. The minds in our society have gone insane.

A parf of my mind is still sometimes "insane". Insane in the sense that it says different things than i know to be true.
Right now it says: "you are really theatrical right now"..
And another part says: "but this feels good. Everything has momentum that you focus on. Why not focus on a feeling that seems to be a cliché for the rational mind. "

When we really look closely to our minds we see that it is shizophrenic in its nature. it talks in different tongues. There was a time when i found that strange that i "discuss with myself". But i begin to understand that mind is not ONE THING. Mind is a radio. It tunes in different things. You are not ONE THOUGHT. You are the perceiver of many thoughts and you can choose which radio signal you want to focus on .
So be aware of which thoughts you want to buy into. When you define fear in a negative way be aware that you do that and that this will have a big effect on your life.

Tune into the positive definiton of fear and it will be reflected. Life is a mirror of your belief.

I think its interesting that in our society the mind does not really stop talking a lot of redundant stuff. Its like a repeating mechanism. And we believe that its not possible to shut down the mind.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

yes i know that feeling of picking up on other peoples fear. It took me a while to understand that i dont need to make a story of every fear i feel.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
To be totally honest, I don't think any one of us has enough knowledge of anything at all to even develop a vague explanation of these things we are discussing here that would even resemble the reality of this existence.

Nobody really knows.

Fear is often what follows misunderstanding or lack of knowledge.

a reply to: kauskau

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The last time I experienced anything I would really call fear was 13 years ago when I had a massive stroke and could hear but not see or move or talk for a week or so.

After a fairly short time I accepted that I was going to die, but I didn't die.

My life slowly ended over the next few months because I could not work but I didn't die.

Accepting my own death made losing everything less traumatic.

The less a person has the closer they are to actually being free.

This is one of the most important things people need to understand in order to be free, many people would rather kill themselves than accepting losing all of their "stuff".

One can be destitute without it being obviously so to other people.

I can find complete peace when I exercise a lot, last time I did this I went on a two month bicycle ride across the country from south to north going right over the blue ridge and smoky mountains.

I was dirty, hungry and lost most of the time, constantly being conscious of the possibility of being run down by a vehicle but not fearful of it....and I was very happy.

Anyway....

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Fear is often what follows misunderstanding or lack of knowledge.

I see it the opposite Way.

Fear is the total understanding of what you DO want to experience and what you don´t want to experience and it shows you -> when you are not careful you will experience something you don´t like.

Fear is working together with higher levels of your Self...

I don't think any one of us has enough knowledge of anything at all to even develop a vague explanation of these things

why do you think that?
We are talking about fear and how it behaves in relation to your definition of it.
What you are saying is deconstruced in quantum physics every day-> there is an objective reality that is independent from the observer.

This is false.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: FlyersFan

And of course you do know we're all terminal...

...Was finally the afterlife moved to the hoax bin of ats

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The same way you laugh at something funny. You go with it.

If something isn't funny you don't laugh. if something isn't really dangerous, why fear it?

I know thats easier said, but maybe the daily fears are a result of programming over a lifetime. Maybe it takes conscious effort to resist instead of letting the fear feeling sweep you away. Practice checking yourself at the time and not responding if there is no apparent danger. Let the fear feeling wash over you and just observe it without engaging. That will take time and practice.

Think about it until the next episode. Like if you quit smoking and you get a craving and you have to resist it, that kind of thing.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

edit on 8-5-2014 by Specimen because: Double post

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Fear is nothing more then a survival mechanism. Without fear, any living creature would probably end up dead due to just being careless about it environment. Also, fear is usually displayed as a weak emotion, that is often associated with weakness. Sometimes, it is not the case, because it could be fear, that could lead to aggressive emotions.

Much like how Yoda was describing fear to Anakin, in Episode one and look at how feared he end being by being frail. It could definitely lead to aggression, whether it fear for the well being of creatures young, or a loved one.

The main view of fear on Ats is usually political, is that it used to control masses, and lead armies into battle, against those that threaten their way of life.Fear, however, is also responsible for revolutions, where as the underdog, takes control of the pecking order, and put fear into the Alpha dogs heart.

Traditionally, I think fear is concept that should be learnt, and harnessed, much like the rise of anger, spiritually anyways. How that works, well religion screwed itself on that one.
edit on 8-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Fear is an infectious sickness and the true source for all hatred, plain and simple. Harbor it for too long and it will also become the source of your own demise.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
ok even if i get banned for that..

THATS HOW POWERFUL you ARE..thats why everything can be uses as a permission slip to heal.

Even fear...
you are that fluid

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join