It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Plans to Colonize Moon by 2030, Newspaper Reports

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teye22
We (humans) should not be colonizing ANY other planets/moons until we can figure out a way to respect our surroundings (nature) without destroying it and stop thinking that everything is there for profit, we are destroying our beautiful Earth and whe

God this hippy crap!

It talk like that which holds us back!

Earth is a finite space with limited resources. L-I-M-I-T-E-D that mean 7 billion and every year more are all trying to live off of dwindling resources. Holding mankind back because of some hippy doctrine will just make it worse not better!

With the resources in or local part of the solar system alone could sustain the world in a resources surplus for century!
Get it?

Resource shortage = War, poverty

Resource surplus = times of peace and prosperity

Plus the moon, mar and near earth asteroids? What the hell can mankind do? They either have no atmosphere or are toxic wastelands its not like we can pollute them any more!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Really!?! REALLY?!?!

I am guessing you read a history book to confirm this.

There WAS a surplus (a HUGE one for that matter) no longer than half a millenia ago or so in North America with every single river running fresh drinkable water and Acres upon acres of forests (witch Natives respected and didn't try to profit from) and then europeans crossed over...and what happenned to the natives again? nuff said

Then we started populating like crazy and overconsuming like pigs...

But hey a surplus = peace for sure as long as the right people controll the surplus right?!?
edit on 8-5-2014 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teye22

originally posted by: crazyewok

Really!?! REALLY?!?!

I am guessing you read a history book to confirm this.

There WAS a surplus (a HUGE one for that matter) no longer than half a millenia ago or so in North America with every single river running fresh drinkable water and Acres upon acres of forests (witch Natives respected and did try to profit from) and then europeans crossed over...and what happenned to the natives again? nuff said

Then we started populating like crazy and overconsuming like pigs...

But hey a surplus = peace for sure as long as the right people controll the surplus right?!?

And you know why the Europeans came over?

Cause Europe was tight on resources, hense why coloneys becamd the in thing.

If you could move all pollulting industry offworld to mars or the moon then guess what problem solved.
And we cant possibly overconsume the resources in our solar system, not for thousands of years.

What else would you have us do? Give up all our tec and go back to living in mud huts and caves?

Ok you first, take the PC your typing on outside and smash it up along with any other energy comsuming item.
Dont like that idea?

Well guess we just have to find a way to maintain our standard of living and explotation of our vast solar system is a good option. Its not like it will run out of resources any time soon , nor can you pollute a planet or moon that already has a toxic atmosphere!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The point I was trying to make (pardon me if I worded my posts wrong) is not that space exploration is wrong....au contraire! I mentionned in my 1st post that I thought it was amazing to see our advancements.

My point is that we are over-consuming pretty much every resources we have on this planet and instead of finding a REAL solution (and before you ask no I don't have one) we are willing to just move the problem elsewhere. When our planet can no longer sustain our 7 + billion people, you really think we could all survive on the moon, mars? Not even remotely!

You said it yourself that they have toxic atmospheres so what food do you think we would get from there? NONE and water.....NONE THOSE are the resources we NEED.

Oh but minerals....YEAH gotta have that.............that is only for $$$$$$$$$$$ and more tech (Witch I use and enjoy I admit) and even though it's all fun and nice to own shinny new fancy devices and all, it all comes down to P.R.O.F.I.T. for the big companies and the governments. They are not exploring for us....but for their wallets. Just look at the Apple store on the release date of a new iPhone for example......then ask all of the people in line (a lot since the store closed the day before lol) how long they had the previous model (likely still brand new)-most will say under a year...they buy it just to have the newest thing, not cause they need them.

Now, would I take this computer and destroy it just because.....well no not really as in this day and age, we all need them as this is what society dictates or we would swimming around in a circle like a 1 legged duck. But I will say that if the power grid would go, yes it would be a major shocker for all even me.....but I would adapt (at least I hope). I personally think it would be good for humanity to have a little reset! But I would not wish for it because of what would follow!

I would never wish harm to anyone but sadly it would be inevitable if this happened because, again, people are materialistic and greedy, now add survival to the equation and we end up with thousands of murderers/criminals walking the streets...

It's sad but it's how it is....am I that far off?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: buster2010
1. The moon's lower gravity means we can launch a bigger payload.

But you still have to get the payload from the earth to the moon.
So there really isn't much of an advantage. It still has to get moved off the earth.

yes and no FF. Everything will originate here we agree on that but with todays tech a subsequent launch of a vehicle with little to no gravity would give that mission a pretty amazing range and escape velocity compared to a heavy lift from Earth. It would take a bunch of trips to the moon to get enough equipment to build a launch base so we are talking a ton of money that any country would be hard pressed to come up with single handedly. So it won't be a savings but an investment in future exploration.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Russia is still a long way of NASA.. The US only stopped launching but not it's R&D... China is catching up with Russia... Tbh I think Russia and China would be happy to have a space race to the moon on rockets however NASA jan given up on expensive rocket shuttle launches... You're never going to get much further than the moon.. And even getting to the moon on rocket propulsion isn't all that efficient it is slow and costly.. I willing to net this could space a new moon base race and the US jointly with there western allies will join the venture on a new more efficient propulsion system

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Russia might be getting a bad reputation right now...but I think that if they pull this off they deserve a little bit of applause for even making an attempt to colonize another spot other than another country.

At least to me, I'd rather see foreign nations competing to see who can go the farthest in space instead of competing to see who has the biggest show of power on the earth.

If I had to take bets on which group would be the first to colonize another planet - A China & Russia joint venture would take my vote.

-fossilera

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: iasenko

Russia is planning to put a manned colony on the Moon as soon as in 2030, and is racing to dispatch the first robotic rovers to explore the lunar surface two years from now, a media report says.

Newspaper Izvestia said Thursday it had gained access to a draft government program, prepared by the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Roscosmos federal space agency, Moscow State University and several space research institutes, outlining a three-step plan toward manning the moon.

A robotic craft would be sent to the Moon as early as in 2016 and through the following decade, and by 2028, Russia would be ready to send manned missions to orbit the Earth's satellite, Izvestia said, citing the report.

Russia Plans to Colonize Moon by 2030, Newspaper Reports

Looks like the things are getting serious. The "Cold war " is going on a different level.

The Russian document underlined the need for speedy lunar exploration, saying "leading space powers will expand and establish their rights to convenient lunar footholds to ensure future opportunities for practical use," in the next 20 to 30 years, Izvestia cited the document as saying.

edit: Here is also a link to the news in the ITAR-TASS News Agency :en.itar-tass.com...

Yeah, why not? )) NASA went there like 100 years ago, Russian finally has tech and reason outlined to go there. Sooner or later, just like Rogozin has said, the Moon will become part of our very own earth style geopolitics. Wonder how would that sound in 2030? Selenatics?)))

On a serious note. I hope this project be recognized as our earthlings project, Russian space agency simply announcing this to receive participation and cooperation offers imo.

Why not. 'Selenatics' aside, the space should be taken on seriously outside politics. In other words, imo, Russia is about to start another international project resembling ISS project, which is a tremendous example of such cooperation.

cheers)
edit on 8-5-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

Obadiah 1:4

New Living Translation (NLT)

4 But even if you soar as high as eagles
and build your nest among the stars,
I will bring you crashing down,”
says the Lord.

= = =

Arrogance of every variety has a limited time remaining to prance about on the world stage . . . or any other stage.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Iron SKy two.......RUSSIAN DAWN!! Space hitler vs space putin! See th e battle for the century!!!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

LOL)))hope not.
But you never know. Anyway. Chinese rabbit breakdown was a hoax me thinks. It is there steam rolling the surface. Taking pics.

Wonder if Chinese landing site been photographed by NASA. And if the rover way out of what considered final stop.

))

edit on 8-5-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Getting off this planet and setting up colonies on the moon or mars would be the smartest thing humans have done ever! At any point our planet could kill us all through super volcanos, a pandemic, nuclear war, massive ice age, undetected asteroid, too much methane gets released or a fukishima x1000 event any many other ways. Our time here is limited and we are very lucky to have achieved what we have so far and getting human colonies on places other than earth will further ensure our species continued survival.

The moon is the best place to start for so many reasons other members have stated and as a kid I was hoping we'd already be there but 2030 is better than never.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Phase 1: Build moon base.

Phase 2: Build vodka distillery on moon.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Doesn't this violate the Outer Space Treaty of 1967?

The exploration and use of outer space shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries and shall be the province of all mankind;

Outer space shall be free for exploration and use by all States;

Outer space is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means;

edit on 9-5-2014 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2014 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You know this is good.

Space races are a great thing to have between nations. It encourages a whole generation of kids to become scientists among other things and is actually money well spent by the country.

The only place to go from here is up. We might as well start looking at colonizing our own solar system beyond earth, ASAP.

~Tenth

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In 15 years Russia's going to colonize the moon? They haven't been to the moon yet. They don;'t have the $ for that. Good luck.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
in the 60s when the space race as hot and the US set foot on the moon the world must have thought that by the year 2014 we would be a space venturing race much like in the movies 2001 and 2010 with bases on the moon, mars and some jupiter moons by now. But we stalled, fell backwards and our priorities as a species faltered. Ask yourself, what is humanities goal now? There is none, we're just floating along hoping that some crazy freak doesn't get a hold of a nuke or some biological weapon to take us all out. There is no goal! Our goal should be to explore, to expand to grow as a race. We are so complacent as a race, its sad to see really.... we could be so much more!
edit on 9-5-2014 by Cydonia2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

Bang goes freedom of speech and civil liberties to the Moon People.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why is it when Russia decide to do something like this it is bad but when the USA do it, then it is "progress".

Just because the USA look clean does not mean they are.

To be fair though, I have no idea what I am talking about. I am just an outsider looking in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join