It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans find 10% of tea party donors audited by IRS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lois Lerner is in fact in Contempt of Congress as of Wednesday (finally !!).

And now we "Lern" of even more contemptuous behavior by the beloved IRS.

It seems after all the "disclosures" that 10% of (known) Tea Party donors got audited !!!!!

Just being a donor to a Tea Party group makes you guilty.

Yes it sure does according to the ones who use hate to burn out their enemies.

This Administration sure is a jealous one.

Despite assurances to the contrary, the IRS didn’t destroy all of the donor lists scooped up in its tea party targeting — and a check of those lists reveals that the tax agency audited 10 percent of those donors, much higher than the audit rate for average Americans, House Republicans revealed Wednesday.

Republicans argue that the Internal Revenue Service still hasn’t come clean about the full extent of its targeting, which swept up dozens of conservative groups.

“The committee uncovered new information indicating that after groups provided the information to the IRS, nearly one in 10 donors were subject to audit,” Rep. Charles W. Boustany Jr., Louisiana Republican and chairman of the Ways and Means Committee’s oversight panel, told IRS Commissioner John Koskinen at a hearing Wednesday.

House Republicans find 10% of tea party donors audited by IRS

Run Silent, Run Deep

Hey Lois ---- Can You Sing Too ??

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is based on 3 lists that were thought to be destroyed. So to be accurate from these three lists 10% were audited.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen What a sick and corrupted system this democracy can be ....sad isn't it

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I find this to be by far the most interesting thing that was apparently perpetrated by Obama. It shows the underhanded nature of them all. I don't even know what purpose it would serve other than to scare, and to try to destroy your opposition.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I find this to be by far the most interesting thing that was apparently perpetrated by Obama. It shows the underhanded nature of them all. I don't even know what purpose it would serve other than to scare, and to try to destroy your opposition.

They were mad and jealous because the Citizens United decision went the "wrong" way.

That's when this started.

And million$ from NGO's came pouring in too (Soros).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
This is based on 3 lists that were thought to be destroyed. So to be accurate from these three lists 10% were audited.

I'm here to tell ya ... Tarring and feathering and being run out of town on a rail wouldn't satisfy me at this point. The perpetrators of this underhanded scheme need to be skinned and thrown into the ocean. Let 'em find their own country to live in.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

That's exactly what I was going to say too...and because they were angry. In my lifetime, I haven't seen an administration like this. The Obama administration, easily, has a unique personality, that's for sure.
edit on 8-5-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I'm here to tell ya ... Tarring and feathering and being run out of town on a rail wouldn't satisfy me at this point. The perpetrators of this underhanded scheme need to be skinned and thrown into the ocean. Let 'em find their own country to live in.

I'll be a lot more satisfied if she snitches on Obama, that's for sure. But nevertheless, this is a victory for the United States and the lovers of the Constitution.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The very apt illustration of the falsity in government, the hypocrisy, the corrupted morals these people display......just doesn't seem to be enough to anger the people....
Every week, it seems a new way we are getting jacked is brought to light....but nobody goes to jail, nobody even gets arrested most of the time.....when there should be crowds of incensed people demanding a change,there is usually little to no protest....
The passion we once held for the republic has been socially engineered out of us......along with any moral standards we may have once held......

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

That's exactly what I was going to say too...and because they were angry. In my lifetime, I haven't seen an administration like this. The Obama administration, easily, has a unique personality, that's for sure.

Yea and now watch for your viewing pleasure "how dare you ask me that" hiding behind the 5th amendment not like someone trying to protect themselves from government oppression but like a common criminal squirming on the stand.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Snarl

I'll be a lot more satisfied if she snitches on Obama, that's for sure. But nevertheless, this is a victory for the United States and the lovers of the Constitution.

Its really simply more abuse of the constitution as has been so often demonstrated by the federal types over the last decade. She is being ask questions about her fiduciary duties as a holder of a post......its not about her personal rights or covering her azz.....its not about her.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Rep. Elijah Cummins is soon facing an ethics investigation for passing private application documents to ProPura a demacrat private investigator firm...recall his antics to smear Rep. Issac as "racist"?

Most individual's effected have lawyers and are filing suits against the IRS...no class action suit exists yet.

The bad news our tax payer money will be used to settle these and not the agent and their money.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
To me, it would be a no-brainer to target anti-taxation individuals and groups for auditing. Im sure it has happened in the past with groups covering the entire spectrum. Is it right? No. But what has been right in this country for the last 70 years or so?

It's good that we are wasting the 100 days congress actually works on this and Benghazi. Meh. This will go down as the worst Government era ever. 2000-2020. I dont see things changing. We have had economic collapse during times of senseless wars, massive unemployment, and the greatest wealth divide ever, but apathy reigns.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems like a low number to me. Considering how much Breitbart and Fox have told me the administration hates America.

I would assume at least 50% of TEA party groups and individuals would be audited. Hmm.

top topics

join