It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Neighbors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Had a black couple build a house near our driveway. They both must work for the department of sanitation picking up garbage. Their kids are loud and demanding. I don't trust them, their kind tend to steal things you leave out. If they didn't build their house 80 feet up a white pine tree, I would definitely have run them out of the neighborhood, damn crows. They have been whitewashing the driveway, we can't walk around the driveway without worrying about getting dumped on.

We just had a big weasel standing against the patio door, looking in. We also have a black squirrel that we saw today, I took some pictures of him. I haven't seen a black squirrel in at least forty years around here. The wife hasn't seen one for about the same amount of time. The daughter and granddaughter have never seen one.

There goes the neighborhood.

When the kids start peeking their heads out of the nest, we'll get some pictures.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Funny play on words. SnF.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Lemme know when
Obama moves in.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Looks like you are going to have a Murder...

It can get messy.
edit on 7-5-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
AAAhhh. Now we got a baby on the ground. My wife spotted it when she got the mail.

We were out there taking pictures with a bunch of crows trying to murder us. It's impossible to get it back up there eighty feet up the tree. It doesn't seem to be badly injured. We are going to see if they feed it.

We are going to wait another hour to see what happens, it is probably about three weeks old. Then we have to make a decision. It is a lot of work.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We had some Raven maniacs move nearby.
They kept staring at me from afar, made me a little uncomfortable.
Sometimes even following me. Nevermore, because I only go out at night now.
I'm sure they are smarter than most of my neighbors. But what did they want?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
wow lol

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The adult crows don't want us to take the little one away. It is walking around a little tree by the base of the pine tree. I put a big base of a flower pot out there with bread, an egg yolk and some shredded carrots. The bread and eggs disappeared and there are pieces of bread by the little crow, the big crows are feeding it. The shredded carrots were pushed out of the dish on the ground...how picky. I added four more rolls and another boiled egg. The little one does not appear to be hurt, but it seems to sleep a lot. I'm going to try to get some pictures of the little crow when it isn't asleep. It's pretty cute. Hopefully that weasel or a coyote doesn't get it. Since the parents still want to work with it, I'll just observe and supply the crows with some food.

I guess I am turning into a sap in my old age.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I hope this works. Boy did the mother get upset at me when I went to take this picture. Are we supposed to get a release from the parents to post a kids picture online?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I think you need a release. If not you will get a Caw from mom.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, yesterday morning we found the little crow had died. Probably choked on a pita chip or something that the mother gave it. We had a burial and made a headstone. The parents were sitting in low branches of the tree watching us bury it, they seemed to be nicely talking to us in a low tone. They knew we were burying their child. We have still been bringing them food, they have at least two others in the nest. It does not take a scientist to know that these crows felt sorrow and appreciation for our help. The little crow got named black thursday because he fell out of his nest on thursday.

top topics

join